TBLeague 1/6th Red Sonja: Scars of the She-Devil Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this - my first Phicen/TBLeauge figure. It's a great looking figure, but I have no experience with these types of figures. Wasn't really prepared for how squishy and soft the figure would be. Does anyone have any tips for handling these figures? When when I was trying to exchange the hands, it felt like I was pulling too hard and the entire skin would rip off before the hands would come off.

Just got this - my first Phicen/TBLeauge figure. It's a great looking figure, but I have no experience with these types of figures. Wasn't really prepared for how squishy and soft the figure would be. Does anyone have any tips for handling these figures? When when I was trying to exchange the hands, it felt like I was pulling too hard and the entire skin would rip off before the hands would come off.

Very important, although each new phicen seamless has improved..it’s still made of silicon. I’ve collected Phicen seamless since the very first seamless offfered.

Try to make sure your hands are completely dry when putting her in a specific pose. Reason, human sweat ( this is from experience) easily wipes the powdery substance that is initially coated on the body to give it that textured feel when first unboxed.

What happens is the highlights such as paint highlights you see around her abs, stomach, private parts etc will smear off in time without that powdery coating and then the skin feels mushy and jelly like :lecture So I strongly suggest washing your hands and drying them throughly before handling the figure.

I know it’s a pain, but it will work

As for the hands , grab the wrist right around ( where you can see the hand attach to the ball joint) gently with your pointy finger and thumb and then slowly twist the hand off the steel ball joint while still holding onto her wrist , reverse the process to attach the hands. This will eliminate any tension that might cause tearing

How durable is the body? This might be the first Phicen I ever buy as well. It’s Red Sonja so I it’s tempting to cave in even though I have my reservations on it. Mainly the body, skimpyness of the outfit and head sculpt. Skimpyness is because well she’s Red Sonja and head sculpts can be replaced. It’s the body that is an unknown for me. If she was posed like the picture sitting with the sword or the one with her knee bent and the axe in both hands is the body going to tear? The pictures in this thread are great and are selling me on the figure but I am afraid that anything besides a museum pose will tear the body.

How durable is the body? This might be the first Phicen I ever buy as well. It’s Red Sonja so I it’s tempting to cave in even though I have my reservations on it. Mainly the body, skimpyness of the outfit and head sculpt. Skimpyness is because well she’s Red Sonja and head sculpts can be replaced. It’s the body that is an unknown for me. If she was posed like the picture sitting with the sword or the one with her knee bent and the axe in both hands is the body going to tear? The pictures in this thread are great and are selling me on the figure but I am afraid that anything besides a museum pose will tear the body.

Durability depends how you take care of it..yes these are made to be articulated, yes they are anatomically correct, but I wouldn’t keep her in an extreme because it will eventually will tear. Try to avoid having the phicen exposed to direct sunlight for a number of days or weeks.

I bought the new outfit loose, and swapped it over to the old body with some of the old parts like the knee pads and waist pouch and kept the original cloak. I swapped the head with a brown haired Milla Jovovich
from Verycool and just posed it standing straight up with the left hand holding the sword still in it's scabbard on the left side and the right open hand pushing the cloak back with a straight extended arm like a
gunslinger would clear his coat away to make arm movements easier. I just haven't swapped the thigh armor and dagger yet. I'll try and get a new pic tonight.

anyone consider trying out a different head for the figure, would someone be able to use a hot toys black widow head from Capt America: Civil War and post photos of it on the Red Sonja body?

Very important, although each new phicen seamless has improved..it’s still made of silicon. I’ve collected Phicen seamless since the very first seamless offfered.

Try to make sure your hands are completely dry when putting her in a specific pose. Reason, human sweat ( this is from experience) easily wipes the powdery substance that is initially coated on the body to give it that textured feel when first unboxed.

What happens is the highlights such as paint highlights you see around her abs, stomach, private parts etc will smear off in time without that powdery coating and then the skin feels mushy and jelly like :lecture So I strongly suggest washing your hands and drying them throughly before handling the figure.

I know it’s a pain, but it will work

As for the hands , grab the wrist right around ( where you can see the hand attach to the ball joint) gently with your pointy finger and thumb and then slowly twist the hand off the steel ball joint while still holding onto her wrist , reverse the process to attach the hands. This will eliminate any tension that might cause tearing

Thanks for the advice!!!

I bought the new outfit loose, and swapped it over to the old body with some of the old parts like the knee pads and waist pouch and kept the original cloak. I swapped the head with a brown haired Milla Jovovich
from Verycool and just posed it standing straight up with the left hand holding the sword still in it's scabbard on the left side and the right open hand pushing the cloak back with a straight extended arm like a
gunslinger would clear his coat away to make arm movements easier. I just haven't swapped the thigh armor and dagger yet. I'll try and get a new pic tonight.

Very exited for see this

anyone consider trying out a different head for the figure, would someone be able to use a hot toys black widow head from Capt America: Civil War and post photos of it on the Red Sonja body?
The pics I posted are of a KO black widow hot toys head the original black widow head also fits on this so it should be fine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I still haven't swapped the thigh armor and dagger yet, but here's a couple of pics I took last night.
Sonja_Milla_1.jpg
Sonja_Milla_2.jpg

Wooh! Just received from BBTS! What a monstrous box! I can’t believe they shipped it for 4 bucks that is awesome. This is my first Phicen body and I absolutely love it. Immediately ordered the M34 after working with this one they are pretty sweet too behold. While I love the body the head sculpt doesn’t look exceptionally realistic but coming into Red Sonja as a fan of the comics from 2015 I think the hair color and face are passable for a comic display so I put her next to Threezero Guts, OPM, and a couple other figures with more cartoonish looks as opposed to realistic sculpts.
Anyways I am a huge fan of this piece and none of the dragons spines were broken in box so I guess I was lucky there. It has quite some shelf presence all posed up on the base regardless of how I feel about a foot peg system as opposed to a dynamic flight stand system. I may put some extra work into customizing the stand for possibility purposes instead of worrying about getting a head swap on there or anything. Congrats to anyone that has the Scars Red Sonja coming or has already picked her up it is a cool figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why the base has foot pegs when the boots don't have holes. Both versions of the boots are flat. Anyway, I just got the base for $5 from Monkey Depot. Got the Vampirella base for $7.

I don't know why the base has foot pegs when the boots don't have holes. Both versions of the boots are flat. Anyway, I just got the base for $5 from Monkey Depot. Got the Vampirella base for $7.

My figure had foot holes actually. Interesting if some people’s figures didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up was about to spend 40.00 on eBay for it.

Holy crap, I'm in love with this figure. :panic: It looks great and it has one of the best bases I've ever seen. I'm not the biggest Red Sonja fan out there, but I did enjoy the few comics I read. She seems like a cool character.

I'm thinking about getting this and replacing the head with a custom sculpt, maybe getting a cape for her too. This is near Hot Toys quality to me.

Back