Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more iPhone photos from today. I love this thing so much...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

(Not sure how/why this last one is showing up as an attachment, or how to get rid of it. Still trying to figure out some of the forum controls here. The main purpose of these shots was to showcase the underboob.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 382
This crazy good, she got skin pores and sweat on her too. She's Marvel char, she should be on Marvel section.

**************There is a problem*************

IF the extra is the Axe then you cant swing a AXE with one hand so she needs a scabbard to hold the Sword (or 2) ???
SO
We need a sword in a scabbard to hang at her hip when we display the AXE
dose anyone think it possible to hold a AXE in both hands with this pose?
:)

**************There is a problem*************

IF the extra is the Axe then you cant swing a AXE with one hand so she needs a scabbard to hold the Sword (or 2) ???
SO
We need a sword in a scabbard to hang at her hip when we display the AXE
dose anyone think it possible to hold a AXE in both hands with this pose?
:)
A Smaller axe would be ok with one hand, like one small enough to throw. Wonder Woman EX was the axe in one hand and then spear in the other so it may still be a large one.

Well surely we've all seen the way her most definitive artist, Frank Thorne, drew her:

View attachment 196283

And while I certainly wouldn't complain if this piece featured more Thorne-ish endowments, I think it's terrific as-is. Just as long as she doesn't undergo a reduction before mass release!

She's not a Marvel character. Marvel doesn't own her or Conan.

Maybe Marvel sold her off? She's on that Marvel comic.

She's not a Marvel character. Marvel doesn't own her or Conan.

Red Sonja, the She-Devil with a Sword, is a fictional character, a high fantasy sword and sorcery heroine created by Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith, and loosely based on Red Sonya of Rogatino in Robert E. Howard's 1934 short story "The Shadow of the Vulture". She first appeared in the Marvel Comics book Conan the Barbarian #23 (February 1973).

Red Sonja became the archetypal fantasy figure of a fierce and beautiful female barbarian.

She was ranked first in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list.[1]

At the 2013 Emerald City Comic Con, Dynamite announced that Gail Simone would be writing a new ongoing Red Sonja series.[2] Simone noted in further interviews that her version is slightly "rebooted," showing the character's beginnings.[3] Issue #1 of Simone's run was released in July 2013, and reviews were positive.[4] As of February 2014, the series had run seven issues, with the first six collected in a trade paperback.

I like the axe idea, if she has supposed to have cleaved off that snakes head with what look like one clean cut through those armor like scales then she would need a huge long handle axe, makes more sense than cutting it off in one blow with a short sword.

I like the axe as well. I just don't see why she would be holding an axe and a sword. Doesn't make much sense considering the size of the axe.

Random, and probably a small issue, but the only thing that throws the statue for me is the bit of blood running down her forehead. I think it is appropriate everywhere else on the statue, and her being Red Sonja, this is expected, but it's just a shame to ruin that face sculpt with what looks like a cheesy stream of red paint running down her head. Anyone else notice that?

Back