Re-boot Fantastic Four?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
Courtesy IGN Movies:

Less than two years after the release of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, 20th Century Fox is reportedly looking to reboot their Fantastic Four franchise.

It was reported last fall that Fox chairman Tom Rothman was considering a reboot of Daredevil, and now IESB claims the studio is "looking to completely retool, recast and recrew the franchise."

The site points out that, obviously, this would mean no Ioan Gruffudd as Mr. Fantasic, no Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, no Chris Evans as Human Torch, no Michael Chiklis as The Thing, no Julian McMahon as Doctor Doom, and no director Tim Story.

IESB says Fox wants the new FF franchise "to be 'less bubble gum' this time round following the Iron Man template, which was a complete success in reviews and box office take but a bit darker when it came to its superhero."

I say go for it, but will be sad to see Chiklis out as Thing as I think he did a great job. He's actually the only one out of the cast I'd keep. If they do a clean slate, I'd want a Sue Storm that LOOK the part and isn't just eye candy. I want Johnny to be blonde, but have the same attitude that Evans brought. Doom needs to be menacing with a bit of a deeper voice, have armor and a scar. Mr Fantastic needs to have more pronounced gray temples and the like. Basically base it on the 616 FF and not the Ultimate FF. Really though itd be great if Marvel could just take the property back along with Daredevil and do it their way, incorporate it into their universe.

well, they can take out all the elements but one. Fox. And with them on the helm....well...

I thought that Johnny Storm and Thing were the only things that worked in those movies (and it couldn't have hurt to make Thing look more like the comics, IMO). Even though Fox is still at the helm, its hard to imagine them producing something as bad as the previous two abominations. Surely they can learn from Marvel Studios and WB/Legendary Picture's examples. . .

I agree, Johnny and Ben were about the only things they got right. I never really bought Alba as Sue or the other guys in their parts. Also Alicia was little more than a glorified cameo. Also the wedding scenes sucked because the complete contractual absence of other heroes. The films should have been titled Ultimate Fantastic Four because that's what they really were and NOT what the public really wanted.

Daredevil sucked? Well, lets make Elektra!

X-2 was hailed as brilliant? Lets hire the guy who directed Rush Hour!

I wish Marvel would get all their licenses back, but the downside there is that it would take a really long time to get some of these movies out. They can only do so many at a time. It would be really nice if the others studios could do a good job with the movies. A reboot is greatly needed, ROTSS really sucked and was very disappointing.

The Thing needs to be CGI like the Hulk, not some stupid cheesy rock suit.DR Doom needs his Armor and actually look like the comic.

I thought Daredevil was pretty good considering it couldn't tie in with Spidey. Also liked Thing as a guy in the suit, the suit just needed to be done better. I think you lose something with CGI and like the practical stuff better.

i really liked these movies, I thought they were great fun, almost like a comic book...... oh..... wait.

Seriously guys, why be so high brow about what is essentially a fun movie franchise. I thought the Silver surfer was awesome, there are apparently talks for a silver surfer standalone movie, I would definately see this.

for now, I'd love to see one more fantastic four movie with this cast, bring it on!

D:chew:chew:chew

I liked Fantastic Four just fine. I really hope they make another one. DareDevil was good too I thought.

Maybe they should reboot the Batman franchise too. It has been over three years now since BB. Surely it's outdated by now.

The spirit of those movies was right on, they just needed better execution (especially in the case of Dr.Doom), a better Sue Storm and bigger budgets.

I'd rather see a Silver Surfer movie than a reboot though.

I thought they were decent movies! I mean not acadamy award winners, but the Fantastic Four doesnt really lend itself to anything but a fun ride.

Unless CGI is completely indistinguishable I would go for guy in Suit!!

Both Daredevil an FF have great potential with long history in comics, established characters and villians which wasn't totally captured in either franchise. I didn't think either were absolutely terrible they were hit and miss in certain aspects of character and story.

I enjoy darker movies. I would welcome a more grittier, darker daredevil. Until then I'll enjoy the current crop of comic book characters turned into flicks good, bad or ugly.:peace

Back