RUMOR: Marvel Regains FANTASTIC FOUR Rights; First Movie Due Out In 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll probably start with cameos before that

Infinity War: I might be the earliest opportunity given that they would need to cast the roles. They likely wouldn't fit into Thor. Maybe something in Black Panther. Too bad Cumberbatch is Dr. Strange. I think he would have been a great Reed Richards. Maybe someone like Matt Smith (who has a kind of rubbery face) or Eddie Redmayne; For Sue someone like Alice Eve or Yvonne Strahovski; an up-and-coming 17-year-old heartthrob type for Johnny Storm, and Terry Crews for Ben Grimm/The Thing.

I don't see the rights to X-Men going back any time soon. I think Fox is planning on just building out it superhero universe around X-Men and mutants. Also this story is now being reported as unconfirmed and maybe not the case. I'm guessing it's just an early leak. Not to mention Marvel has added some untitled movies to its lineup, and one of them is probably Fantastic Four. If there is a deal being worked out I'm sure it goes beyond just TV to include X-Men movie licencing and merchandising rights, which Marvel has been blocking and in the process denying Fox hundreds of millions in tie-in revenue. Also, they will probably want Marvel to support and promote the X-Men comics. FF is a bargaining chip. It's a toxic pill to Fox at this point, but Marvel knows it can revive the franchise.

Dam, well it's a shame I really liked the tone of the ff movie I just wish it could have been executed better.

One thing about Marvel movies is the family friendly formula I guess they like to play it safe. FF4 if they could have played up the whole horror sci-fi part would have been awesome and they could bring in some villains from the negative zone.

Infinity War: I might be the earliest opportunity given that they would need to cast the roles. They likely wouldn't fit into Thor. Maybe something in Black Panther. Too bad Cumberbatch is Dr. Strange. I think he would have been a great Reed Richards. Maybe someone like Matt Smith (who has a kind of rubbery face) or Eddie Redmayne; For Sue someone like Alice Eve or Yvonne Strahovski; an up-and-coming 17-year-old heartthrob type for Johnny Storm, and Terry Crews for Ben Grimm/The Thing.

I don't see the rights to X-Men going back any time soon. I think Fox is planning on just building out it superhero universe around X-Men and mutants. Also this story is now being reported as unconfirmed and maybe not the case. I'm guessing it's just an early leak. Not to mention Marvel has added some untitled movies to its lineup, and one of them is probably Fantastic Four. If there is a deal being worked out I'm sure it goes beyond just TV to include X-Men movie licencing and merchandising rights, which Marvel has been blocking and in the process denying Fox hundreds of millions in tie-in revenue. Also, they will probably want Marvel to support and promote the X-Men comics. FF is a bargaining chip. It's a toxic pill to Fox at this point, but Marvel knows it can revive the franchise.

Everybody else knows Marvel can revive the franchise too :lol

So it's confirmed that Fox is keeping the license.

What morons. :lol

Have fun with FF2.

Yup. 100% Grade "A" morons.

Just saw this on CBR...

The rumored deal between 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios involving "Fantastic Four" is not true, according to a Fox representative when reached by CBR News.

Cancel throwing the bucket of cold water on Nova. :lol

Meanwhile at Wal-Mart...

tumblr_nsqc23AwDt1rsmsq5o1_500.jpg

So it's confirmed that Fox is keeping the license.

What morons. :lol

Have fun with FF2.

Yup. 100% Grade "A" morons.

Just saw this on CBR...

Cancel throwing the bucket of cold water on Nova. :lol

Meanwhile at Wal-Mart...

tumblr_nsqc23AwDt1rsmsq5o1_500.jpg

Well they still have to sell the dvds. So look for them to "hold on to the license" until the dvd tanks as well :lol

Back