Rank the SW trilogies (so far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rank the SW trilogies

• ST>OT>PT

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • ST>PT>OT

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • OT>ST>PT

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • OT>PT>ST

Votes: 55 61.1%
  • PT>OT>ST

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • PT>ST>OT

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment happens when Luke tosses his father's saber over his shoulder. The rest of the film consists of Toht's goo boiling over and over and eventually evaporating at Luke's long-distance death. The evaporated goo then congeals and comes crashing down like a thunderstorm at Broom Boy.

Its so nice of you to understand...lol...oh man...I feel so refreshed LOL

That moment happens when Luke tosses his father's saber over his shoulder. The rest of the film consists of Toht's goo boiling over and over and eventually evaporating at Luke's long-distance death. The evaporated goo then congeals and comes crashing down like a thunderstorm at Broom Boy.

Shoot man don't give JJ or Kennedy any Ideas...delete that LOL...

OT>PT=ST, the latter two differing in how they're bad, but the problems amounting to the same level of suck.

Although really, only 2 of the films in the OT are truly great. The vast majority of this franchise is poor. I'm amazed people still lose their minds and spam the internet whenever a new trailer is released.

Like the folks at RLM said, it's a religion. Ugh.

As far as rankings, I can't get into the new, numbered flicks, just because I'm not digging the direction everything went after the OT. The PT will always get a semi pass for great villains, stupid Jedi, and I love Clone Troopers almost as much (maybe as much) as Stormies. I'm not finding much to like in the ST so far, some of the pilots are cool, the variant non-ducktroops look pretty cool too, but I'm just not feeling the newer hero or villain set, so it leaves me pretty much feeling unattached I think, except to be pissed at any aspect which I really dislike.

So that leaves us in pretty much this order...5,4,6,Clone Wars show, Rogue One,3,Rebels,2,1,8, and last but not least 7.

So, I don't know if the PT is more loved by me now, but its definitely moved up above some other canon. :lol

I'll just quote myself from a different thread from earlier in the week. :lecture
For those that don't do #'s
Empire
New Hope
Jedi
Clone Wars TV
Rogue One
Revenge
Rebels TV
AOTC
Phantom
Last Jedi (until the next one)
Force Awakens

OT>PT=ST, the latter two differing in how they're bad, but the problems amounting to the same level of suck.

Although really, only 2 of the films in the OT are truly great. The vast majority of this franchise is poor. I'm amazed people still lose their minds and spam the internet whenever a new trailer is released.

Like the folks at RLM said, it's a religion. Ugh.

I will agree with this. I tried to rep.

4 & 5 are a tie
6 & 7 are a tie

Those are the ones I love.

8 is BY FAR the worst.

1, 2 and 3 I haven’t seen in a decade. Not interested.

Variety takes the easy way out and ranks the prequels last, below even the Clone Wars movie: https://variety.com/gallery/star-wars-films-ranked-last-jedi-empire-strikes-back/

Interestingly ANH is No.1 and TLJ No.3.

TLJ and TFA... ranked above RO... and ROTJ?:slap

ROTJ has major weaknesses, but the Jabba Palace, Sarlacc and Speeder Bike chase sequences alone are better than all the positives of TLJ and TFA combined.

And I didn't love RO, but it's way, WAY better Star Wars than TLJ.

ROTJ space battle rocks. So does the Luke/Vader/Emperor showdown. And the return and goodbye to Yoda.

It’s an awesome movie. Turn up your speakers during that space battle. Unreal.

TLJ and TFA... ranked above RO... and ROTJ?:slap

ROTJ has major weaknesses, but the Jabba Palace, Sarlacc and Speeder Bike chase sequences alone are better than all the positives of TLJ and TFA combined.

And I didn't love RO, but it's way, WAY better Star Wars than TLJ.

ROTJ...

Ewoks, poor Han performance from Ford, turning Vader into a puppet, Boba's death...

Not a dig at ROTJ fans but to give it an easy pass is inconsistent when people bash the other Star Wars movies for their flaws.

At the bottom will always be 88888888888888888888

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back