QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The funny thing to me, is that it's the same exact specs plate that was signed by Nathan that they placed on the Big Damn Replicas. So it makes me wonder if they had extras and decided to make them an addition to help move stock, like was previously stated.
However, it does kind of suck since QMX still has their exclusive version in stock, you're left with choosing one or the other. Unless QMX offers it as an addition to their exclusive.

The funny thing to me, is that it's the same exact specs plate that was signed by Nathan that they placed on the Big Damn Replicas. So it makes me wonder if they had extras and decided to make them an addition to help move stock, like was previously stated.
However, it does kind of suck since QMX still has their exclusive version in stock, you're left with choosing one or the other. Unless QMX offers it as an addition to their exclusive.

I wonder that as well. I absolutely love this figure, but it's no secret that it didn't exactly flew off the shelves.

Ok, this is kind of crappy for those of us who have already bought the figure. Instead of making Jayne available for purchase, they release a better version of a figure we already bought? QMX may need to rethink their marketing strategies.

Ok, this is kind of crappy for those of us who have already bought the figure. Instead of making Jayne available for purchase, they release a better version of a figure we already bought? QMX may need to rethink their marketing strategies.

Agree 100%. Done with this bs company.

Pretty similar to Hot Toys. Or DVD manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Well that sucks. If I knew a Signature Edition was gonna come out I would have waited. Not about to buy Another Identical Figure just for a Signature. These were probably all the one's they couldn't move just added with a Signature now. Smart to do that. A much better chance to move some of these now. Just sucks for the people that already bought one.

my thought's exactly.

Pretty similar to Hot Toys. Or DVD manufacturers.

Perhaps if Hot Toys only released Iron Man figures the last three years, but I’m pretty sure they released the rest of the Avengers in that time period :dunno

Perhaps if Hot Toys only released Iron Man figures the last three years, but I’m pretty sure they released the rest of the Avengers in that time period :dunno
True, but we also get every Iron Man rereleased 4 or 5 times, while Romero Joker, Aliens Ripley, Yellowjacket, Xavier, Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson, and countless other non-Iron Men sit in developmental limbo. In that sense, they're following the HT model.

They've made 1 figure from the line and then instead of releasing other characters, they just re release the same figure with a signature! I mean geez, at least release a different character before you repeat the same one again.

Don't really know why QMX bothered with Firefly if they weren't going to release the main characters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They've made 1 figure from the line and then instead of releasing other characters, they just re release the same figure with a signature! I mean geez, at least release a different character before you repeat the same one again.

Don't really know why QMX bothered with Firefly if they weren't going to release the main characters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:exactly: Feel really hosed how they suckered me in, thinking we’d get the entire crew, to only get one frigging character; and now it looks like they might be about to short-change the Star Trek line. If that happens to Trek, I’m done with QMX.

Normally I'd think these comments are overly dramatic and I'd move on. But on this occasion I have to agree.

I was very excited to buy Malcolm Reynolds and now QMx is yet another company that teases and shows figures they don't bring out. That coupled with the fact they have released a signed one just feels like a spit in the eye to all of us that showed our support from the beginning.

Also agree with Qmx Trek sentiments. I only want to keep the other four if they bring out the complete set of bridge crew + Scotty. QMx have teased so many figures and now they are asking for votes and polls to help them decide when/who/if/what the next one might be? Sigh.

They grab you with the same old "limited run" BS, you show your support, they back out and you're left with a figure to sell.

It's time I stop getting so enthusiastic and committing to a line that companies don't have the ability to complete. I'd rather pay more on eBay later than have only one of six+ potential figures.

I'll believe it when I see it.

giphy.gif

Well, I'm not sure I can wait the other 10 years for the rest of the crew though.

Lol. This. I would be hesitant to pick up Jayne at this point regardless, knowing that they really are on a 10+ year pace for the whole crew, IF they keep going.

Also, still a little miffed that they switched sculptors, though I will reserve judgement on that until the final product actually comes out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back