QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also a bit miffed about this signature release, but I'm not worried about them ditching the rest of the crew. QMX is still really new to 1/6, so the learning curve is bound to cause some delays. I'm sure they'll find their footing and start producing figures more regularly.

Will the signature edition have the newer updated sculpt? I know there was a issue before which is why I never bought this but the signature edition is enticing and comes with Nathan’s hand signature!!

Will the signature edition have the newer updated sculpt? I know there was a issue before which is why I never bought this but the signature edition is enticing and comes with Nathan’s hand signature!!

Oh god, I hope so. I assume if they had any more of those original "swollen" sculpts, they're at the bottom of the landfill next to all the Atari ET cartridges.

Oh god, I hope so. I assume if they had any more of those original "swollen" sculpts, they're at the bottom of the landfill next to all the Atari ET cartridges.

Yea quantum said they hated the old sculpt so I would assume they will have the new one on the signature edition which sideshow still has it on pre order for $170 so surprised they are not asking more for Nathan fillians autograph

I just pulled the trigger on Malcom from sideshow for the signature edition. Used reward points as well. The ones I have seen with the newer sculpt look pretty good! And bonus Nathan fillian autograph!

Yea quantum said they hated the old sculpt so I would assume they will have the new one on the signature edition which sideshow still has it on pre order for $170 so surprised they are not asking more for Nathan fillians autograph

Considering that actors at cons charge for nearly half that price for signed posters...

Considering that actors at cons charge for nearly half that price for signed posters...

Exactly! I expected this figure to be at least $250 with his signature. Someone earlier post said it is the same plaque as the signed serenity model they sold and that these might be left overs from when he signed for those and just added them to some figures to try and sell more of them. I’m fine with that as I wanted a Nathan fillian autograph and the figure looked pretty good as I saw one in person so a win win!

That could be possible--from what I gather they sold maybe a couple hundred of the Serenity replicas, originally planning to sell 1,000
So they could have had like 800 plaques leftover

That could be possible--from what I gather they sold maybe a couple hundred of the Serenity replicas, originally planning to sell 1,000
So they could have had like 800 plaques leftover

Wow 1,000???? That’s a lot of signatures Nathan Fillian had to do. My hand would cramp after that many Jeeze!!! That’s gotta be all day thing.

Wow 1,000???? That’s a lot of signatures Nathan Fillian had to do. My hand would cramp after that many Jeeze!!! That’s gotta be all day thing.

One hour.

Autopen-Co-1000-sheets.jpg

I sold this figure awhile back, kind of regretted it... so nearly 1/2 price with a signature makes it a no brainer. His autograph at a con is $80; so this is a steal.

I did just now... I assume it's the same as the regular figure, but with the signature added in. Funny because the exclusive is still on their website for $180... yet this figure, that comes with the exclusive items, is only $99.95 with free shipping.

Wonder if it will also have both heads?

Well, I'm in. I've always wanted this but QMX's shipping has been prohibitive ($73 to ship to Australia). The non-signature version costs US$225 here in Australia so this price drop makes it worthwhile.

Glad I can finally add it to the collection.

Wonder if it will also have both heads?

I wrote them about this and they responded almost immediately to confirm that it comes with both heads. Apparently all QMx Mal Reynolds figures come with both heads. I feel really bad with such conscientiousness that they weren't rewarded with better sales.

Back