QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped on this. Sadly it was more for the autograph, the figure is a bonus. Between this and how quiet they have been on the Star Trek 1/6 front compared to this time last year, I'm wondering if all their 1/6 lines might be underselling or not selling as fast as they wanted them to.

Well, I just bought another one of these. For the autograph. I was really looking forward to the entire crew.....

They reeled me in with this one. The signature alone is worth the price. I enjoy firefly but I'm not a mega fan by any means. I like Fillion in general so I picked it up.

All Sold out. Kind of bummed I missed the cheap price. Don't know if I'll keep the preorder I have for $180.

Well it is sold out now so you know you will at least get the one you preordered where if anyone else wants one they won’t be able to get it.

Plus you know if you change your mind later and want to get it, because it’s sold out it might be higher then 180.

That could be possible--from what I gather they sold maybe a couple hundred of the Serenity replicas, originally planning to sell 1,000
So they could have had like 800 plaques leftover

So I got mine today, and the signature plate is just affixed under the magnetic flap on the box. I think that pretty much confirms your theory that these are leftover plates from the Serenity model attached to unsold inventory.

So I got mine today, and the signature plate is just affixed under the magnetic flap on the box. I think that pretty much confirms your theory that these are leftover plates from the Serenity model attached to unsold inventory.

Sounds like it... good way to add some value to the release; but I figure most people who wanted the figure and would care about the signature had already bought the figure when it was first offered. I noticed that the exlcusive is no longer on the site either... even though it was still available for $180 when this was on sale for $100.

Sounds like it... good way to add some value to the release; but I figure most people who wanted the figure and would care about the signature had already bought the figure when it was first offered. I noticed that the exlcusive is no longer on the site either... even though it was still available for $180 when this was on sale for $100.

Well, the only reason I didn't grab one initially is because I had done my own custom pieces, but I damaged Trev's sculpt with a Dremel by accident (forgot to put painters tape on his face as a guard) when removing the neck and never got around to finishing the custom or repairing the marks on his face. I kept meaning to buy one when I found a good deal, which as it turns out, I did.

Yeah, you ended up winning in the end.

So did you get a tracking number, or did the figure just show up. I haven't gotten any kind of notification about the figure since I bought it.

Yeah, you ended up winning in the end.

So did you get a tracking number, or did the figure just show up. I haven't gotten any kind of notification about the figure since I bought it.

Mine just showed up. No email or tracking number. The signature plate does look cool.

So 50/50 on contact... I paid with Paypal; so that could be why I'm not getting any updates. What day did you all order if you don't mind my asking? I was on the May 10th.

So 50/50 on contact... I paid with Paypal; so that could be why I'm not getting any updates. What day did you all order if you don't mind my asking? I was on the May 10th.

I paid with PayPal. No shipping email either. Check your QMX account though. If the order status says "fulfilled" it has been shipped. Click on the order number and down in the product section scroll across and you should see a hyperlink with a tracking number.

Mine was shipped via USPS. It made it from the U.S. to Australia in 3 days. Now it has been waiting to clear customs for the last two days. Typical. Travels thousands of kilometres to Sydney in a few days and now the last 60 will take forever. :D

Got my today, almost flipped out because I didn’t see the plated anywhere. It was hidden pretty well.

Mine arrives today. No email notice. I kept up with its progress through Qmx's site. Like atexp80 mentioned.

Okay, be careful with this figure. He came with both elbows turned outward. So it feels like a stiff joint but in actuality mal is a mutant. Likely runnin with engine containment off like them Reavers do . . .

mal.jpg

I just had to rotate the biceps to reposition the elbows and he was fine.

Back