QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for taking your time asking them questions. The figure is looking good and I really hope we get to see some 1/6 Trek figures.
Not a problem. like I said, the QMX rep was fantastic! not going to mention who it was b/c I don't want to get them in trouble or anything b/c some of the things they said to me was in confidence (woops!) :lol
Does anyone know if Sideshow will carry this??

Well they don't have the Malcolm Reynolds 1/6 statue or any other QMX stuff on their site as far as I can tell so I'm kind of doubtful. But everyone else will carry it I'm sure

Last edited:
Not a problem. like I said, the QMX rep was fantastic! not goign to mention who it was b/c I don't want to get them in trouble or anything b/c some of the things they said to me in confidence (woops!) :lol

:lol Whole forum knows now!

I hope the licensing for the rest of the team is out of the way.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I've purchased items from QMx before. They are really great to deal with. No problems at all.

Old Grandpa

I hope so! I already have qualms buying from their website as this effectively makes me subjected to being taxed (I'm in Asia) and honestly I've never bought any figures internationally because everything I need is here. I hope the customer service at QMX is great to ease any doubts I have.

Way to go QMX! A new player is a very welcome sight.

I'm SO interested in getting this figure but for $180 the paint application on the portrait looks a little flat to me. The sculpt is amazing as is the outfit but the face paint reminds me of a Sideshow release circa 2008 for some reason.

I know not everything can be "Hot Toys quality" but I feel like for a $180 figure it just looks unfinished. I'm very hopeful that it's just the look of the prototype and not the final figure.

For $40 - 50 less than almost every Hot Toys figure, I think it's fine. No worse than anything put out by everyone else; and since HT is too f3$8,ing lazy to cover TV properties, or anything, for the most part, that isn't Marvel or DC related, I'm ecstatic that someone has stepped up to cover a property that has a huge and strong fan base. I'll get every character they make from this series, and hope they even consider making 1/6 figures for the other licenses they hold (Warehouse 13, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek).

Just got back from the Con, I took a few pictures but there's too much motion blur so I don't think they're worth posting. He looks very good, the paint on his face doesn't do a ton of detail, but it's better than what Sideshow would do. Also, if you want to get the 1/6th figure I don't think the other statue is worth getting, the paint isn't as good.

Just got back from the Con, I took a few pictures but there's too much motion blur so I don't think they're worth posting. He looks very good, the paint on his face doesn't do a ton of detail, but it's better than what Sideshow would do. Also, if you want to get the 1/6th figure I don't think the other statue is worth getting, the paint isn't as good.

You haven't gotten any of the newer SS stuff have you?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Nice! Is the sculpt good enough and does the clothes fit well? I think that's my biggest concern as we all could always repaint him but if the outfit is ill fitting, then that's a huge disappointment. Judging by the pics alone, he could use some weathering too.

He looks really great, the weathering on the jacket is the one thing where it lacks I think. The gun also has sharper detail than the ones I had gotten printed for those that have those.
The main concern I have is the body, since that's a complicated thing to get right. And we can't tell much about that from photos.

Yep I agree. From what I saw this weekend, everything seems to look great. Only thing that could be questionable is the body. I don't mind the lack of weathering on the coat

He looks really great, the weathering on the jacket is the one thing where it lacks I think. The gun also has sharper detail than the ones I had gotten printed for those that have those.
The main concern I have is the body, since that's a complicated thing to get right. And we can't tell much about that from photos.

Yep I agree. From what I saw this weekend, everything seems to look great. Only thing that could be questionable is the body. I don't mind the lack of weathering on the coat

Good to know. So do enlighten us all on any gripes with the body. Is it out of scale? Too small?

If anything though, there's always a TTM body, sculpted neck or not so I'm glad.

Yea I mean we can't/couldn't see the underlying body so there's no way to judge it. Just saying that it could be the only thing that needs to be changed if it comes out floppy or something. But everything looked to be in scale just fine

Back