QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a new one to me.

New:
1604945_10154011411610582_2867369218890249405_n.jpg

Old:
IMG_0458.jpg
Firefly_Malcolm_Reynolds_by_trev_solo.jpg

Last edited:
So bought! I had this guy almost done, but the heads never came back to me from the painter. I wonder if those boots are Trevor's sculpt.

Looks great so far. I wonder if they have a set edition size or if they're basing that off sales. I have a feeling this guy will sell quick.

I will be getting every figure from this series. This is some of the best figure news in a long time.

Definite buy! I hope they do the whole crew. I'll get them all if they can keep the price steady.

So pleased. I never got further with my kitbashes than buying the heads (still unpainted, I'm embarrassed to say), a couple of male bodies, and a couple of Star Puff's pieces.

Definitely cheaper price and better quality ( see in hand) then to try and bash one. I might get one because its their first figure, Trevor is involved and it just looks cool

Hard to compare. I assume QMX will use vinyl heads, so Trevor's original resin heads might have more detail, but most are slightly bigger than 1:6. QMX Mal is spot on with scale whereas honestly Trevor's resin head is noticeably too big. Star Puff's work is excellent and would be hard to improve upon, but buying/making/bashing whole outfits is what caused me to drop my bashing project to begin with. How frustrating not having the skills or funds to hire someone to make a project happen the way you want. This Mal is perfect for people like me, and the price fair IMO (I've been conditioned by my Hot Toys collection I'm afraid). I say, bring on the mass production!!!!! I'd like them to do one of the female characters next. Zoe would be my choice.

Back