QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone familiar with figures from this company? If so, how do they fare in relation to the prototypes?

this is their first 1/6 figure

Which reminds me, if anyone has any questions they'd like me to try to ask the folks at the QMX booth about this figure or future figures, let me know here and I'll do my best to get you guys some answers

Anyone familiar with figures from this company? If so, how do they fare in relation to the prototypes?

Good question. I'd say fairly well, I hope so at least. They only make expensive high-end stuff, that I'm aware of. I don't think they would show us a Hot Toys quality figure and push out a Hasbro quality-like figure. :dunno

Well I think those Dr. Who figures had problems of that sort, and they were another company that I believe was new to the 1/6 game. Howard Chan has said before that one of the reasons the quality is so good on Hot Toys figures is that they've had so much experience. . .I'll hope for the best, but may not order until folks get them in-hand.

This looks great! I hope that Jayne is going to be made into 1/6 form in the future.

Looks like they nailed Nathan Fillion's likeness on that sculpt. WOW! Impressed.

this is their first 1/6 figure

Which reminds me, if anyone has any questions they'd like me to try to ask the folks at the QMX booth about this figure or future figures, let me know here and I'll do my best to get you guys some answers

That's a great idea. You could ask them about the obvious, future 1/6 Firefly figures and the quality of the finalized figure compared to the prototype as brought up by kara.. And off topic, ask them about 1/6 Star Trek figures. They have the license for that too! Even if you don't like it, for us fans, show interest! :lol

Well I think those Dr. Who figures had problems of that sort, and they were another company that I believe was new to the 1/6 game. Howard Chan has said before that one of the reasons the quality is so good on Hot Toys figures is that they've had so much experience. . .I'll hope for the best, but may not order until folks get them in-hand.

That could be one reason why Hot Toys figures have such high quality.. another would be price point. I think QMx will want to set high standards for their figures as they do with all of their products.

Definitely a must-buy for me. Can't believe we're finally getting licensed figures! Hopefully Mal will sell well so they keep the line going. Going to check it out at Dallas Comic Con tomorrow so I can see what I'll be getting myself for an early Xmas present.

Ok they seem to be hinting at a 1/6 figure of Khan on their FB. Please someone ask at Dallas if they're making figures from Trek. I'll lose my **** if they make a TWOK Jim Kirk.

Ok they seem to be hinting at a 1/6 figure of Khan on their FB. Please someone ask at Dallas if they're making figures from Trek. I'll lose my **** if they make a TWOK Jim Kirk.

Yeah I saw that. TWOK Khan! Hope they're not just kidding but actually serious about it!

Back