Action Figure SSC 1:6 Starcraft II Tychus Findlay Sixth Scale Figure ready for action

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics! I opened mine up yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. I will take some pics if the sun ever comes out again. But basically, the paint job is impressive and he looks amazing on my shelf next to Raynor. So far I am happier with Tychus than I was with Raynor but that could be because Raynor tempered my expectations.

I had some time to snap a few pics today. I really like this figure. :)
63AE5073-D912-4B0D-964D-767C70C741BA_zpssjo9vnym.jpg

Did I mention that he looks fantastic next to Raynor?
E71D1005-BBB8-475F-9A78-F4FB2A18A970_zpsci7vk67q.jpg

Hello freaks,

I just want to give you guys a quick update. The Tychus figure is now showing up in the Blizzard Gear store. However, the coupon codes from the collector edition boxes will not work on him. I've tried multiple times until I got someone from Blizzard to validate my code. I thought the code I had was a dud....but in actuality, it will not work on figures/statues.

I think they caught wind of people using the codes on these expensive items(i.e. Raynor) and they put a stop to it. Problem is, which I told them, there is nothing on the coupon card and or product page that specifically says that the code can't be used on these items as long the item was in stock. I was told it was something they still need to add and was missed by the people managing the website.

They need to hire a better third-party....

Got Tychus today! His shelf presence is pretty amazing, but for the price I was hoping for better materials and quality control and more accessories. The only two figures at the shop had problems with misaligned eyes on the head sculpts. I had to select the least misaligned ones out of the four. One was pretty bad, with Tychus's eyes pointing in opposite directions. As you can see, my "cigar chomping" sculpt is looking way up high, and is very slightly misaligned:

image.jpg

One of the rubber hoses is also a bit scratched up. Not that bad though. Still happy with the figure, as I'm a big fan of the original marine design, which Tychus was based on. Makes me wish I snagged Raynor before he sold out so he could accompany Tychus, but I heard of a lot of problems about him. Fortunately, Tychus's joints are quite stiff unlike Raynor's, except he can't hold up the rifle with just one hand. Is that normal? Is it also normal to hear clicking when moving the joints, as if they were locking into place?

Even if Tychus is alone on the shelf, he's still pretty awesome though:

image.jpg

The price still hurts, especially when I could have bought 2-3 Hot Toys instead, maybe even a Premium Format or two, but I guess I really wanted a StarCraft marine on the shelf, and Tychus was the best option in sixth scale. Die cast parts would've been cool, as well as additional accessories and a diorama stand. Imagine Tychus with his foot on a sculpted hydralisk corpse! $500 could've given us much more.

Price is definitely a bit high. Can't imagine how much a die cast one would cost

Was this guy parted out anywhere? I really wanted to grab one of the headsculpts.

Yep. It is being discussed on Raynors thread. A few of us have picked him up. Its a helluva deal that is sure to piss off the folks who paid full ask for him.

I figured at 250, even with crappy hoses, I can go to the hardware store and buy some metal hosing to replace it with.

Back