Damtoys–Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag –1/6th scale Edward Kenway Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be my first figure from Damtoys, definitely was a long wait from initial p.o. to release. Also have the other two AC dudes on order with amiami. Like the franchise and they seem to be good quality with all their other license products. Military figures look top notch.

Are there any US Sites offer the other figures I see them on Ebay but I can't find any US sites that have them for preorder. I guess it has to do with them taking forever to release this

So they didn’t fix anything that their Facebook page was flooded with.
Had over a year and did nothing.
I’m out.

Are there any US Sites offer the other figures I see them on Ebay but I can't find any US sites that have them for preorder. I guess it has to do with them taking forever to release this

That's really strange. I hadn't noticed they'd never gone up for pre-order.

Though I do see them at UK retailers. Makes me think it's some distribution issue, like McFarlane has the U.S. license for 6-inch and above.

Saw the review, I think it looks good. But yeah it's no different from the proto. Same head sculpt and same blue clothes.

OSO has them. They are in nyc https://www.onesixthoutfitters.com/collections/damtoys
I was told that they received their first batch of Edwards today and according to the tracking#, mine should arrive on Friday :yess:

Mine is coming from KGHobby and is shipped. I preordered him back in May of last year. Yeah I think he looks great. I think all of Damtoys AC pieces will be Stellar and Look forward to the day when I have all of them together with my HT Ezio in one of my Detolfs it should make for an amazing display. Think this figure along with Altair will be high sought after pieces one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can also go with Cotswold. Very reliable place that I've made 10+ orders from. They do tend to get things late though.

https://www.gijoeelite.com/Edward-K...lack-FlagBRPRE-ORDER-ETA-Q3-2018_p_16879.html

moose is referring to the Altair and Aguilar figures that were shown, but never showed up stateside.

I checked with Timewalker and they said the distributor just never offered them. They couldn't find anyone who was bringing them over, so it sounds like overseas dealers are the only option.

905f0d8d136bf852211c3bd7daa6ce84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pic!

Still can't get over that face though....can't believe they were too lazy to even color the hair properly after it was pointed out to them multiple times on their own Facebook page.
...and don't think it looks like either the cinematic or the in game model.

Got my figure in last night. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. My figure's body is pretty floppy however so going to need to change that out. I think the hair is what makes the face look so weird. When you have the hood on like the box art and other promo images, it look really good imo. I'm also going to give him a bit more blonde in his beard. A little disappointed that with the cost of the figure that the plaque on the base isn't metal like what Hot Toys does and that the base itself doesn't look realistic enough for me. With that said, it's a very decent figure. Looking forward to the others.

Got my figure in last night. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. My figure's body is pretty floppy however so going to need to change that out. I think the hair is what makes the face look so weird. When you have the hood on like the box art and other promo images, it look really good imo. I'm also going to give him a bit more blonde in his beard. A little disappointed that with the cost of the figure that the plaque on the base isn't metal like what Hot Toys does and that the base itself doesn't look realistic enough for me. With that said, it's a very decent figure. Looking forward to the others.

Are you going to repaint the hair as well as the beard?
I'd be very curious to see how that improves it!

Are you going to repaint the hair as well as the beard?
I'd be very curious to see how that improves it!

I'm actually going to do some rooted hair for the "bangs" part of the hair and paint the small ponytail to match. I have some proper blonde on the way. The "bangs" part of the hair comes off the sculpt really easily which should make this an easier process. The hood sits much nicer and more natural without that extra plastic in the way.

I'm actually going to do some rooted hair for the "bangs" part of the hair and paint the small ponytail to match. I have some proper blonde on the way. The "bangs" part of the hair comes off the sculpt really easily which should make this an easier process. The hood sits much nicer and more natural without that extra plastic in the way.

Wow, you got to post pics here!

So, this guy finally showed up.

afHFCnA.jpg

YCmFdxy.jpg

GcV7aKc.jpg

YnLteXN.jpg

U3479gO.jpg

A7OyHyv.jpg

q9QIVdm.jpg

PMHEKhj.jpg

xaLQ8Cr.jpg

He has a few issues. The sword gripping hands are very awkwardly made. The arms are a bit restrictive. And the cloak is horrendous. I’d have killed for traditional mounting, instead of this magnet bs. Took me three something hours to futz this putz.

Other than that, it’s a great figure. :lol

Not really a good first impression for a DamToys figure though. I’m really hoping Altair isn’t a giant headache.

Great review by the way, Turel! This was definitely one of the more time intensive and finagly 1/6 figures I’ve ever had to deal with.

Back