Power Loader Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sigh. here we go again with sideshow's horrible quality control.

glad i didn't get this. what a disappointment.

Nope, direct from Sideshow. And I have the same problem where the armature does not attach to the forklift forearm, but I really think I'm just going to keep this one. Nothing is broken.

Nope, direct from Sideshow. And I have the same problem where the armature does not attach to the forklift forearm, but I really think I'm just going to keep this one. Nothing is broken.

Nice. Congrats. It's a very cool piece. Hopefully my replacement will have a nice fit...hopefully.

Now I'm thinking I will semi permanently attach the parts with a very fine guage wire or something. Anyone know if I can drill a very fine hole in polystone?

Also might ask SS for the obligatory partial refund for the defect, but I know I don't want to deal with shipping this beast back just to have the same problem with a replacement.

Going to curb my SS addiction after this one though!

I was able to get the PL set up in my display next to the Queen, and have to admit that the fact that the armature is not correct really tarnishes my collecting experience. I truly don't believe that any of these will not have the same issue since the only other one delivered on this board is the same. I don't think resting the entire weight of the PL arm on Ripley's arm is going to work either, so I have decided just to let them rest apart from one another so I don't end up breaking this expensive diorama. Overall, this is a very nice looking piece but the arm really detracts, unfortunately.

I'm thinking the Aliens maquette will by my last piece from Sideshow for quite some time, and man that thing better not have a single issue either. I was really looking forward to the Alien maquette in the future too and I hope things get better with QC and paint applications before then.

:(

Wow! This is really depressing to see these pictures. I'm just so sick and tired of SS quality control issues. What pisses me off the most is that armature issue.:banghead

I really wanted this piece to go with my Queen Alien dorama. Luckily the Queen is a nice stand alone piece. I have until Dec. 27 to cancel this PL. I'm not sure what I should do?:confused:

I'm waiting for more pics to be put up but time is running out.:rolleyes:

Couple of quick shots of her in the display. You can see from the bottom one that my arm does not match up either. Really sucks, but I don't want to go through the return process with this one.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the picks Fury. You really should return it. Perhaps you just got unlucky and got a bad one. At least Sideshow will realize the reason for return is due to a quality control issue.

The only thing I've ever returned to them was the T-rex from the Dinosauria line. It looked like someone had dropped a bottle of white out on its foot. The return when smoothly and quickly and didn't cost me a penny.

:lecture You shouldn't have to settle for something sub-par. I know it would get under my skin every time I looked at it. You will always know that this piece has issues.

Return it, if people keep hold of all these faulty items, sideshow will never step up and improve things!!! it is about time afterall......

I've made the decision. She's going back. I can't overlook this glaring defect, and I'm not going to ask for a replacement either since many are sure to have the same problem. This is a major suckfest though because I was really looking forward to the dual display with the Queen. Amazing that she came out so spectacular, and this newer diorama totally misses the mark on wow factor and quality too.

Sucks, but I can definitely use the $300 towards the final payment for my HCG.

Disappointing to see these quality issues.I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order...I'm much happier with the Queen just sitting up there.

I've made the decision. She's going back. I can't overlook this glaring defect, and I'm not going to ask for a replacement either since many are sure to have the same problem. This is a major suckfest though because I was really looking forward to the dual display with the Queen. Amazing that she came out so spectacular, and this newer diorama totally misses the mark on wow factor and quality too.

Hell yeah send it back,make sure you write on the box.

mh_not-fragile.gif

Good choice! Vote with your wallet by telling Sideshow that quality control was not up to snuff. I love this Power Loader and want to keep it badly to go with my Queen Alien.

However two sets of photos have come in from Fury and Thx217 showing a major flaw with the black armature/joystick handle not attaching to the forklift forearm. IMO, this is such a glaring oversight that it's stunning! How could have this been missed in quality control?:banghead

I'm willing to overlook the other flaws but not that armature problem.

My decision is getting close to being canceled but I'll wait until my deadline of the 27th.

Fury, instead of getting a refund, why don't you try for a replacement? It's worth a shot.

I'm sorry that you ended up with so many defects on one piece that is a major overlook of quality control on behalf of SS. I really hope mine is ok since I'm in Oz and waiting for shipping and the costs will be a major pain. I got my fingers crossed.

What's up with the fingers ? Looks like she squeezing a chocolate cake or something.:banghead

img8638.jpg

Back