Power Loader Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wonder if the ss powerloader ripley is in scale with the geometric one. if so just do a chop and swap......come to think of vinyl head on a polystone body, porbably not.

i wonder if the ss powerloader ripley is in scale with the geometric one. if so just do a chop and swap......come to think of vinyl head on a polystone body, porbably not.

Yeah, just trying to get the polystone head off of the PL dio would be a tough one.

They didn't look like they would attach in any way when I saw them at SDCC, but what concerned me more was the fact that the based looked really grimy dirty. Like someone with dirty hands had been manhandling the dios before they were put on display. I hope that is not part of the paint scheme. It looked terrible. I hope when they arrive, both of mine have nice clean bases.

I noticed that they were sold out when the newsletter was posted last week. But there is still no edition size. That is something I am interested in. I wonder if there will be 1000 like the Queen, or less?

My wait list for this and the Queen converted this very morning.

Thank you to the guys that canceled, you just cost me $700 you ........ :rotfl

I feel bad for having zero interest in this piece.
Must be because KONAMI, AOSHIMA, HOT TOYS, KENNER, MEDICOM, and Halcyon all did one already. :monkey2

yeah, personally what kills my enthusiasm for this piece is not having ripley(sigourney)'s likeness. and even worse, the overall sculpt for ripley (incl hair and clothing) looks too soft.

and i still say it would've been so much better if they'd managed to include some moving parts...

yeah, personally what kills my enthusiasm for this piece is not having ripley(sigourney)'s likeness. and even worse, the overall sculpt for ripley (incl hair and clothing) looks too soft.

and i still say it would've been so much better if they'd managed to include some moving parts...

Moving parts, might as well get the Hot toys and be happy.

I would have liked it to have a flashing light I guess but I can also do without that.

I just need it as is tbh. I want t he movie in my living room 24/7 :chew

yeah, personally what kills my enthusiasm for this piece is not having ripley(sigourney)'s likeness. and even worse, the overall sculpt for ripley (incl hair and clothing) looks too soft.QUOTE]

The likeness KILLED this piece for me. I know the POWER LOADER is the star but Ripley is the heart.

After getting over the likeness issue, this is a nice diorama.

Wish they had interlocking bases not the silly platueas. Either way, it's going to be a nightmare to display.

Moving parts, might as well get the Hot toys and be happy.

I would have liked it to have a flashing light I guess but I can also do without that.

good point. but i'm not expecting full mobility of course, just maybe articulated arm pincers. and yes, flashing lights would be nice too. besides, the ht version looks nice... from a certain distance. its paintwork doesn't really stand up to close scrutiny. and the ripley figure is just awful, really ruins the whole thing. so, the ss dio is the "lesser of 2 evils", so to speak. but still not good enough for me to want it.

but if u like it, by all means get it. :)

The likeness KILLED this piece for me. I know the POWER LOADER is the star but Ripley is the heart.

After getting over the likeness issue, this is a nice diorama.

Wish they had interlocking bases not the silly platueas. Either way, it's going to be a nightmare to display.

yeah the non-matching bases is kinda puzzling to me as well. they might as well have just given us a metal grille style base or even just a plain black base.

is there any reason the Power Loaders Edition Size is 750 and the Queen Edition Size is 1000? ... just thought they should be the same ! ? ! ?

is this SS powerloader the same scale as Hot Toys Power Loader?

Last edited:
Back