Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me the link! the official page its weird. I can't find nothing. I hope I can preorder the EX. Thanks my friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't ordered off PCS for 18 months... How do orders work these days is it an order off the website? Last one I did was a first in best dressed email... Cheers

I like the ex features..but does anyone know which part of the base lights up? all or some of it?
Will we see what it looks like before PO?

I like the ex features..but does anyone know which part of the base lights up? all or some of it?
Will we see what it looks like before PO?

If you look at the pics for the reg and Ex on the front the areas to the left and right of the RoboCop look darker on the Ex version maybe because they have lights as opposed to the reg where that part is like a dull bronze almost

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

If you look at the pics for the reg and Ex on the front the areas to the left and right of the RoboCop look darker on the Ex version maybe because they have lights as opposed to the reg where that part is like a dull bronze almost

Just re read the newsletter again and apparently it's only the Exclusive Version that will have the light up base....so it really will be a free for all on the EX come next Monday :panic: :panic:

Yeah, i was iffy on this fig at first, but its a must have for me and i'll be attempting to order the EX as well. I know Jerry has a new website going live soon. Hopefully its up and running for this pre-order.

Anyone can comment about PCS statue quality? It would be my 1st PCS statue, 1st statue I bought EX ver.

Please advice. thank you

cheers thx :duff

superb statue! PO EX for sure!

Just re read the newsletter again and apparently it's only the Exclusive Version that will have the light up base....so it really will be a free for all on the EX come next Monday :panic: :panic:

Yeah that's why I think the darker area on the Ex is where the light up feature will be. Getting it Monday for sure

More pics on FACEBOOK

10286823_639203532816347_9009529739107409691_o.jpg

10295286_639203089483058_8178586301216805854_o.jpg

10333282_639203296149704_4055196115636328973_o.jpg

10293786_639203726149661_955489721614725955_o.jpg

10255772_639203426149691_6201765611680241096_o.jpg

10293735_639203739482993_8814412164044011236_o.jpg

:lol you beat me to it Mirak...what I love about this pic is that you can see how cool the LED light up base will look on the EX :love

great pics and all systems are go for my Pre Order on the 12th :yess: now lets just hope that the website don't crash on all of us trying to get our order in :panic: :panic:

Seriously is that the big light up feature on the base? pretty slack..I was expecting more lights..also is he looking a little short and fat in these new pics?

is he looking a little short and fat in these new pics?

posted by Jerry over @ SF:

Our sculpt is by far the most accurate out of anything thats ever been released (not including the new HT as its not out yet) Because of my background and connections to the special fx industry, we had access to reference and actual pieces of the suit, that no one else has before.

Once we had actual castings in hand, we here at the studio were actually very surprised to see how off-model all the previous Robocop sculpts have been.

Having said that, ours isnt perfect yet. We ran out of time to perfect a few details in the suit and I still need to rework the face a bit.

Robocop is one of those things where the brain creates false nostalgic memories so people remember an idealized version of the character, not the actual one from the movie. For example, if you freeze frames of the HD Bluray you will see misaligned panels, tears and holes in the foam undersuit, spandex and even duct tape in places.

Robocop was great for its time but it is a crude suit with lots of flaws that people idealize into something its not.

i dont say the above lightly. I say it after 10 months of exhaustive research and development including viewing and measuring the actual suit from the original film.

Someone actually said to me the other day that we need to copy the new Hot Toys Robocop whether its accurate or not as thats what everyone is going to assume is accurate.

im not saying HT wont be 100% accurate, Im just saying that people have a way of creating images in their heads that they feel are accurate but might not be (some of the critiques on Darkness really show this)

For example on Robocop everything released so far has been WAY too lean/thin. When i finally saw that thing in person it is FAT. It had to house a human plus the undersuit that held it all together. Robocop looks really stocky in person.

Another part of Robocop we wrestled with was his armpit. In the real suit theres nothing there but exposed black spandex and some black strapping.

So the thought is...do we create this idealized version of Robocop that doesnt have the flaws of the actual character or do we go for 100% accuracy ?

Ultimately what we decided was to stay true to the proportions of the real suit, which make him look a little less 'heroic' than the idealized version that Neca, Figma and others have released.

As for the Weller face. Thats all me. Ive sculpted it myself so if people think the likeness sucks its all on me. What we showed at Wondercon was a 'stand in' for the face as I hadnt finished the real one yet.

this was posted before the official pics were shown on facebook.

'Having said that, ours isnt perfect yet. We ran out of time to perfect a few details in the suit and I still need to rework the face a bit'.

That's what's off.

I think he looks great! The HS probably needs a little tweaking, but other than that is looking awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back