Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poisonivy2.jpg

Awesome shot with Mistah J gaga! :clap

thanks cbg, but what do you mean their now tough return policy?

They don't say its official, but when you get flaws on a statue or breakage. Let's just say chances of getting a replacement is near impossible on all new statues. That's saying it the nicest way I can without blowing up again.

Was finally able to take some good pictures of my Ivy with my digital camera. Still waiting for her custom case so she will go back into the box.

Here is the best shot I could take of her face! Some flaws on the way.

Notice the slight indent on her between the her LEFT nostril.

Here is the normal right side of the nose:

Here is the left side with the flaw of that dent:
131.jpg
[/URL]

A bit too much glue between red hair to the forearm, a small glaze of it closer to the elbow, and some between the leaf glove and the skin. Minor and hardly noticeable anyways.
132.jpg
[/URL]

Gap between forearm and red hair.
147.jpg
[/URL]

Vines are GREAT!

Rear and them THIGHS!
137.jpg
[/URL]
https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z265/littlebahamutgtr/136-1.jpg[/IMG]

Despite all all her flaw, I am going to do nothing about it. I spent $500 on ebay to get this EX version since I really wanted the EX plant. I think my Ivy's flaw is not that big of a deal to me and I love her eyes, but thinking about getting a replacement is too risky! I am too scared to try to gamble and get one with less flaws, but might have weird eyes. I am already happy with what I got and will keep it. Here she is one last time and you will see how unnoticeable the line dent on near her left nostril is hardly noticeable.

004-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That flaw can may make her nose look realistic in my opinion from this angle.

003-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow! The eyes are perfect and the flaws you mention is very minor. Congrats on this great find! 500.00? Did you not PO her? Or just coming in late? Btw those custom cases must be huge to fit the statues. How much does one cost? I'm getting tired of the dust build up on all my statues. :thud:

Wow! The eyes are perfect and the flaws you mention is very minor. Congrats on this great find! 500.00? Did you not PO her? Or just coming in late? Btw those custom cases must be huge to fit the statues. How much does one cost? I'm getting tired of the dust build up on all my statues. :thud:

I got the link from this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16054

https://www.casesforcollectibles.com/

I find them pretty pricey but they do a good job. My Guardian of Light Tomb Raider is in a case they built for me and I like it. I was quoted as 11x11x22 inch (LxWxH) as ~$150. About $100 to make and ~$50 to ship from Ohio to California. :gah: I am still looking for a cheaper place to make these cases in California on yelp though.

The worse one is my upcoming ARH Medusa rattle! Her case is almost $400! :horror I don't even know at this moment if I really want to get it or just buy a brush and brush it daily or so. Having no case have an advantage of at least a fast way to take off her bra though. :lol

I find them pretty pricey but they do a good job. My Guardian of Light Tomb Raider is in a case they built for me and I like it. I was quoted as 11x11x22 inch (LxWxH) as ~$150. About $100 to make and ~$50 to ship from Ohio to California. :gah: I am still looking for a cheaper place to make these cases in California on yelp though.

The worse one is my upcoming ARH Medusa rattle! Her case is almost $400! :horror I don't even know at this moment if I really want to get it or just buy a brush and brush it daily or so. Having no case have an advantage of at least a fast way to take off her bra though. :lol

:horror wow I'm sticking to the brush. :lol congrats on your ivy and great displays! Great link btw. For that much money you can buy some great shelves instead.

I am going to attempt to make mine own cases here soon. There are some great videos on YouTube about working with acrylic. Some of the best are by Tap plastics. Sorry I don't know how to link stuff in to post.

Yes, you are correct and apologies as I mixed up credits and refunds in my initial response (I am very sorry...so sorry). Yes, it is the case if one does accept a partial refund reward points earned will be based on the total amount paid for the piece in the end. Should one accept a credit then reward points should not be affected. Again, I am very sorry for my incorrect answer from earlier and for the mix up. Thank you so much for posting the actual email sent to clear things up.

SideshowAlex

At least it's not the full amount of points so that's fine.
Thanks for clarifying Alex!

That would be the one CBG bought.

:lol:lol

and some more..

_6128091_3_zps973f0f61.jpg

Nice looking pics! :)

Oh and I guess you can join the "different color center leaf" club as well, lol. Mine and I know of another Ivy with the same exact issue. Guess it's pretty common.

So far we have..

The Booger Club.
The Scraped Leg Club.
The Neck Gap Club.
The Different Color Center Leaf Club.
The Excessive Glue Club.

And last but not least..

The dreaded, Googly Eyes Club.

Am I missing any? :monkey1

Oh and I guess you can join the "different color center leaf" club as well, lol. Mine and I know of another Ivy with the same exact issue. Guess it's pretty common.

So far we have..

The Booger Club.
The Scraped Leg Club.
The Neck Gap Club.
The Excessive Glue Club.

And last but not least..

The It Looks Awesome Totally Amazing Club.:wink1:

So far we have..

The Booger Club.
The Scraped Leg Club.
The Neck Gap Club.
The Excessive Glue Club.

And last but not least..

The hair that has a gap between the scalp club.

Back