Furystorm’s Silver Screen Edition Diorama Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice.
I need to check my pieces over more carefully.
I probably wouldve missed that myself ...

That's what the (lack of) quality control is counting on. "Just paint over that chip and maybe Sideshow and their customers won't notice we are not so quality conscious at our fine factory." I hope they aren't using lead paint.:horror

Picture provided by the seller:

watermark.php

I sent the whole diorama back to the seller. Sideshow told him to break the Wolfman part and that they would be replacing only that part, once they had proof the part was broken. However, now we are working on a whole replacement because of the problem with Frankenstein's lapel.

:(

Boy, that last picture (from the seller) is really hard to look upon. Nothing is quite as jarring to a collector as smashed polystone.

And you're right about the QC issue, too. I once received a piece that had been obviously broken and repaired, and the repair was so badly done that there was actually a thumbprint in the paint. Nowadays, if I get something that has been repaired/repainted, if it isn't too noticeable I just let it go. Otherwise, I'd be sending almost half of the pieces I receive back.

For example, when I got my Eagle vs Fell Beast dio, one of the wingtips had been broken and repaired, but it was so well done that no one other than me has ever noticed it.

In your case, however, I would definitely insist on a complete replacement, not just the Wolf Man piece.

Having paid the price I did to add this piece to my collection, I am certainly hoping for full replacement. My seller has taken better pictures of the Frankie lapel issue, and forwarded them onto Sideshow. We had another pleasant conversation through IM, and I am very pleased that he is helping me as much as he is. Another restless night for me concerning this diorama. Hopefully there will be good news from Sideshow in the morning.

I too have left minor flaws on some of my SS pieces pass, having only sent one back for replacement due to a major chip. It just seems wrong to have to live with such a large, and now glaring, chip which was covered up with paint at the factory.

Wish me luck,

Having paid the price I did to add this piece to my collection, I am certainly hoping for full replacement. My seller has taken better pictures of the Frankie lapel issue, and forwarded them onto Sideshow. We had another pleasant conversation through IM, and I am very pleased that he is helping me as much as he is. Another restless night for me concerning this diorama. Hopefully there will be good news from Sideshow in the morning.

I too have left minor flaws on some of my SS pieces pass, having only sent one back for replacement due to a major chip. It just seems wrong to have to live with such a large, and now glaring, chip which was covered up with paint at the factory.

Wish me luck,

I usually poke fun at you, which you love anyway, but I must say your continued bravado needs to be commended. There are several people, here, who would've thrown their hands up and began berating Sideshow left and right and everyone else too with a bombardment of slander and libel. But you haven't. You've kept your cool, well, at least after that first rant :p, and really have stuck to your guns despite the hardships in first acquiring this piece and then, sadly, getting first the Wolfman fixed and now, Frankenstein's Monster. Lots of people could learn from you.

Updated the original post with the following:

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 After fully unpacking the diorama and setting it up in my collection space, I found another broken piece this time on my Frankenstein! His lower left lapel was broken out of the mold and painted over at the factory. It seems like Sideshow's quality control is slipping quite a bit. I could understand the broken finger, which presumably happened during packing or shipping, but painting over a broken, and sharp edged, piece is unacceptable. I took some photos of the whole figure and of the broken section, repacked the dio, and sent it back to my seller overnight. Again, he is being very helpful!

Thursday, November 13, 2008 My broken dio arrived back at the seller. Sideshow contacted him late in the evening saying they would replace the Wolfman part only. At this time, that is the only broken part they knew about. I had another friendly chat in IM with my seller late in the evening, and we discussed the other problem with the dio. He had already broken the Wolfman part per SS request, but has now sent new images of the other problem to SS. My greatest fear now is that they will not have a full replacement available.

Friday, November 14, 2008 Another restless night for me, as I can vividly recall actually dreaming about this diorama. I really need help! However, I feel positive that Sideshow will do the right thing and replace the entire diorama. We are hoping to hear back from Sideshow as early as possible today, and news of replacement would certaintly bolster my confidence in them. They simply must have a few replacements, and I feel they offered only the Wolfman initially to save as many pieces for other situations like this one.

My luck in this whole situation has been absolutely terrible. Aside from my seller, who has been an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Fantastic new news from Sideshow via my awesome seller: I will be receiving a full replacement shortly. I am so happy, words cannot describe my feeling. I will reserve celebration until I have the diorama in hand, fully inspected, and placed upon my collection shelf. However, my faith in Sideshow has been restored!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fantastic new news from Sideshow via my awesome seller: I will be receiving a full replacement shortly. I am so happy, words cannot describe my feeling. I will reserve celebration until I have the diorama in hand, fully inspected, and placed upon my collection shelf.

You're on fire. This next one better be perfect or I feel sorry for Sideshow.:maul:maul

Fantastic new news from Sideshow via my awesome seller: I will be receiving a full replacement shortly. I am so happy, words cannot describe my feeling. I will reserve celebration until I have the diorama in hand, fully inspected, and placed upon my collection shelf. However, my faith in Sideshow has been restored!

:drink :drink You are hooked up with a good seller, you don't have anything to worry about. :drink :drink

Great surprise news from my seller this evening! The replacement diorama arrived to him today, and is in mint condition. Even though Sideshow informed him last week to allow seven to fourteen days for shipment, they delivered very quickly. The diorama should finally be in my hands by Wednesday ready to display on my waiting shelves. Once it arrives, I will undoubtedly take multitudes of photographs and post them in this thread.

:D:D:D

Great surprise news from my seller this evening! The replacement diorama arrived to him today, and is in mint condition. Even though Sideshow informed him last week to allow seven to fourteen days for shipment, they delivered very quickly. The diorama should finally be in my hands by Wednesday ready to display on my waiting shelves. Once it arrives, I will undoubtedly take multitudes of photographs and post them in this thread.

:D:D:D

Did you get the same # as the last one?

Did you get the same # as the last one?

That is how Sideshow's replacement system works. I would be extremely surprised if the diorama arrives tomorrow with a different number. Previously, my Alien3 dio was replaced and when the new piece arrived, the same number was on it. In both cases, I was required to send images of the broken area of the piece, and the bottom showing the edition number. Then I presume, Sideshow marks one of the replacements with the number of the edition which will either be destroyed or given back to them for destruction. My Alien3 was requested back, while the SSE Dio was only requested to be destroyed with photographic proof sent to SS.

At any rate, I cannot wait to finally get the piece tomorrow!

:frank :blissy

That is how Sideshow's replacement system works.

It is in most cases now, but it wasn't always that way. They now ask for pictures for your returned item; so that they can give you the same number. In the case of one of my damaged items, they had set aside a few samples (apparently) and wrote the number in - it had the signature blue x on the box.

:rock

Updated:

Friday, November 28, 2008 Great morning! Not only was I able to preorder the new SSE Dracula Diorama, but my replacement SSE Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman Dio arrived at my doorstep fifteen minutes later. This one is perfect and has a much better paint application than the previous.

Special thanks to Madcow for the heads up on Dracula!

Back