1/6 Play Imaginative Super Alloy Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlet

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been looking for a thread for this figure but could locate it. Mods, pls move or redirect this thread as you see fit.

Ok Guys I got him. Sorry for the crappy pics. Just got home from work and too tired to fully fool around with the figure.

My thoughts on the figure.

1. It feels hefty. The weight of the figure is due to the die cast parts , which happens to be most of the figure.

2. The proportion is awesome. I feel Play Imaginative captured the proportions of Mk VII better than HT did. But this is just my opinion.

3. The paint job is excellent. The hot rod red really glistens giving that cool metallic finish.

4. Articulation really suffered due to the choice of using die-cast as the primary material. You can't really do extreme poses. You got to use a stand to support him cos he's damn heavy. Furthermore, it would really tough to do flight poses. The stand would not be able to hold the weight if he's airborne.

5. Overall the figure is just awesome although details may not be as sharp compared to regular figures made of plastics/abs.

The weight and proportions of this figure just make him look and feel like a beast. I spent Singapore $395 and I feel it is worth the asking price. I will probably talk about the HOA another time.

Last edited:
Paint looks very good. Not sure about the proportions. Pauldrons/shoulder guards looking a bit oversize? And the pics make his legs look a little short. Camera angle maybe?

thanks...need a side-by-side comparison with the HT mk VII please

Thanks guys.

Yeah the angle/perspective do make the figure appear short but not in hand. I don't have a HT Mk VII and I just sold off my Mk IV for a tidy sum a month ago but here's a pic with HT Symbiote Spidey.

Sorry about the quality. Lighting's off in this room and I used my mobile phone camera.

Well..i wish there would be a comparative review...i know alot of people think play imaginative is over priced but with the secondary market of mk vii and the fact that this comes with a HOA makes this piece tempting...

It looks good to me. It's a nice option actually. If I were just starting to collect, I might have gone this route. I'm too deep in my HT IM collection to switch to this.

I purchased this figure recently and like it a lot. Here's my question for you -- on the Hall of Armor I received, the on/off switch in the back doesn't really have a "switch." I had to move mine around with the end of a paper clip to turn it from on to off and back. You can't just leave it in the on position either, because then the edge lights flash every 60 seconds. Did yours come like that? Or is mine defective?

Thanks!

There is no detail in this thing unlike HT which made of something like 200 parts

I'm in Hong Kong right now, and I found a seller that has a few of these left. Picked one up sealed. Can't wait to get this sucker home!

That's an old article from Sept of last year though. Last I heard was the PI lost the 1/6 scale Marvel license entirely. :dunno

That guy doesn't seem to like Enterbay either.

Isn't there a proper thread for this figure somewhere else in here? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing more talk & more pics on here.

Back