1/4 Play Imaginative - Super Alloy Die Cast - Iron Man 3 - Iron Patriot - Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the PI hoa was pretty good. I picked a couple up but both of mine had issues. They look great, just don't work well or hold up. Pretty much the standard for PI. The mk7 is why they lost the 1/6 license, or at least a big factor. It's a shame they where so bad at production and QC becuase they had such potential. If you can find the HOA at a decent price it's worth a shot. And if lighting isn't a big issue you have a better then average chance it will be ok.

Yeah the PI hoa was pretty good. I picked a couple up but both of mine had issues. They look great, just don't work well or hold up. Pretty much the standard for PI. The mk7 is why they lost the 1/6 license, or at least a big factor. It's a shame they where so bad at production and QC becuase they had such potential. If you can find the HOA at a decent price it's worth a shot. And if lighting isn't a big issue you have a better then average chance it will be ok.

Classic case of trying to run before they could walk. Imagine if they'd focused on getting out two or three really stellar, polished products instead of soliciting scores of preorders that were delayed for years and never actually materialised.

As you say, shame because they clearly had some talented designers working for them.

Yeah, that's very true. I don't know if they changed it but I know on their site they where touting and marketing nycc a few years ago becuase they had like 200 prototypes on display. (It may have been more I'm fuzzy on the number) and they ended up releasing like 4. Lol

The people who did the design for PI are still doing work though. If you like them Comicave is essentially the same people, just with a bunch more people hired on. But they started out bad, in my eyes. But that's just how I see them.

Their prototypes so far have been pretty good looking. I posted some photos in a couple photo catch all threads. Stgcc and another one. They have a 1/4 mk45 and 43 and a handful of 1/12 scale iron men suits(shades, Igor, Ect) if you like PI look check them out.

Yeah, that's very true. I don't know if they changed it but I know on their site they where touting and marketing nycc a few years ago becuase they had like 200 prototypes on display. (It may have been more I'm fuzzy on the number) and they ended up releasing like 4. Lol

The people who did the design for PI are still doing work though. If you like them Comicave is essentially the same people, just with a bunch more people hired on. But they started out bad, in my eyes. But that's just how I see them.

Their prototypes so far have been pretty good looking. I posted some photos in a couple photo catch all threads. Stgcc and another one. They have a 1/4 mk45 and 43 and a handful of 1/12 scale iron men suits(shades, Igor, Ect) if you like PI look check them out.

I saw Comicave's 1/4 prototypes, they look pretty snazzy. That said, I heard they quietly scrapped the 1/4 Hulkbuster and raffled off the prototype. That... does not exactly fill me with confidence that they're going to do better than their predecessors.

Got to say also, their 1/12 figures really fall between two stools for me. They're not as well-engineered or slick as Sentinel's comic-inspired suits, and Bandai's SHF figures offer pretty excellent quality, engineering and articulation at a much cheaper price. Maybe they should have considered 1/8 or something similar?

I saw Comicave's 1/4 prototypes, they look pretty snazzy. That said, I heard they quietly scrapped the 1/4 Hulkbuster and raffled off the prototype. That... does not exactly fill me with confidence that they're going to do better than their predecessors.

really? where did you hear this?

From Motuxmen, funnily enough.

So close bud. Only slightly off....by nearly 9000 dollars.

View attachment 210125

They way it looks the are not actually selling any. This appears to be the prototype and they are giving it away. Industry rumors are they over extended and didn't realize the production costs and are more or less scrapping it. Though I would bet they may never have intended to sell it and just used it as advertising. That's all speculation on my part though.

Yea, it's true. I reported it here. Not sure if anyone else did. I can even give u a pic of the guy that got it and him with it. Things cool, but it's valued at like a boat load of cash. 10,000usd. Lol but even before they announced it I was saying it wouldn't come out. Not as a mass produced or even limited run.

It looked cool and all.

The 45 they displayed is stunning. But, until they actually make it...

As for the 1/12 stuff...yeah switching scales would be good. But other companies have the licenses in most scales in their (CMC/PI) market. CMC is still using the PI license. And I agree, the product isn't perfect. (I'm in record not being a big CMC supporter lol)...but that said..they do appear to be trying to improve. The only way price normalizes is if they can get a steady stream of product launches with some tooling reuse. I hope they prove my doubts wrong. I'd be happy about that actually. Another company pushing the product along is a good thing for everyone.

Yea, it's true. I reported it here. Not sure if anyone else did. I can even give u a pic of the guy that got it and him with it. Things cool, but it's valued at like a boat load of cash. 10,000usd. Lol but even before they announced it I was saying it wouldn't come out. Not as a mass produced or even limited run.

It looked cool and all.

The 45 they displayed is stunning. But, until they actually make it...

As for the 1/12 stuff...yeah switching scales would be good. But other companies have the licenses in most scales in their (CMC/PI) market. CMC is still using the PI license. And I agree, the product isn't perfect. (I'm in record not being a big CMC supporter lol)...but that said..they do appear to be trying to improve. The only way price normalizes is if they can get a steady stream of product launches with some tooling reuse. I hope they prove my doubts wrong. I'd be happy about that actually. Another company pushing the product along is a good thing for everyone.

Did your friend have to pay for it or did comicave give it to him?

Did your friend have to pay for it or did comicave give it to him?

ComicCave posted pics on FB showing the winner of the 450.000peso =9,600 USD 1/4 Hulkbuster with animatronics. Looks so cool. I didn't know they actually gave away the prototype. I thought the winner was going to receive the first production one off the line. Well that's sad.

As for Mark 42 they were already produced so hoping that the December release will come true.

As for the ComicCave branded 43 and 45 I'm just gonna keep the faith. In May they showed a video of Mark 43 face plate remotely opening.

ComicCave posted pics on FB showing the winner of the 450.000peso =9,600 USD 1/4 Hulkbuster with animatronics. Looks so cool. I didn't know they actually gave away the prototype. I thought the winner was going to receive the first production one off the line. Well that's sad.

As for Mark 42 they were already produced so hoping that the December release will come true.

As for the ComicCave branded 43 and 45 I'm just gonna keep the faith. In May they showed a video of Mark 43 face plate remotely opening.

I would not expect a company that has trouble producing standard figures to actually release a figure with animatronics. And I would be wary of buying it if they did.

Hopefully this War Machine and Iron Patriot are a sign of good things to come from ComicCave.. they are excellent.

Hopefully this War Machine and Iron Patriot are a sign of good things to come from ComicCave.. they are excellent.

I agree, it shows that the OLD Play Imaginative company was onto something with the 1/4 scale line. If they would have just stuck to only 1/4 scale Die Cast figures in this nice semi gloss metallic finish I think they would have had a hit throughout the line.

I know I have said it before, but I'm sold on the notion of 1/4 scale figures in general. I love the idea of making them truly 80% Die cast. I'm a Transformer fan as well, and it brings me back to the days of Die cast robots. I guess that's why I like Iron Man armors so much.

On a side note if I someone ever broke into my home, and I wasn't armed , then I can reach into a detolf and throw this figure at them and most likely knock them out from the sheer size and weight of it :lol

My war machine has arrived, cannot open at work but opened the brown shipper box and box looks intact, and it is the actual figure so far so good....

cannot wait for tonight! Not as heavy as I thought, but much larger than I thought.

Excellent. Looking forward to your impressions and pictures. I am confident that you will be impressed. The box feels light relative to its size. All the weight is located squarely in the middle. You will be shocked at the weight of the figure when you get to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My war machine has arrived, cannot open at work but opened the brown shipper box and box looks intact, and it is the actual figure so far so good....

cannot wait for tonight! Not as heavy as I thought, but much larger than I thought.

Congrats man !!!! I agree with Royce12 when you pick up the actual figure, its unlike any other figure you have held including the Hot Toys Die cast figures.

Finally added War Machine! Lol..
46a09d7c271f398b67d0a58a2191d85e.jpg

9ba17d659eb4d3fb869629ddd7e09dab.jpg

Now I need to find a proper stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back