Action Figure Review | 1/12 Comicave Super Alloy Iron Man Mark XL Shotgun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pardon for the long review with text and photos and come to think of it, the last review I did was 3 years ago! :lol

Since everyone is doing Hot Toys, why don't I do something different? :rolleyes:

I know lots of collectors are skeptical about Comicave and it's past affiliations (Play Imaginative). And those who dislike P.I were either burned or disgusted by the broken promises or just hoping onto the hate bandwagon.

I do collect other collectibles other than Hot Toys (Marvel Legends, S.H.Figuarts, and a few other lines.)

When I first saw Comicave's announcement of the Shogun I was like, why? Why Shotgun out of so many other Iron Man armors? Why don't they relaunch with a more popular armor, wouldn't it bring more sales?

Eitherway, I finally got hold of the 1/12 Shotgun and after having it on hand. It's pretty solid!

Let's start:

SG1.jpg

SG2.jpg

SG3.jpg

SG4.jpg

SG5.jpg

SG20.jpg

SG8.jpg

Although it can't be compared with HT's 1/6 counterpart, the CMC version of it is pretty good. Paintjob is pretty clean, didn't find any bleeding or fading yet. I like how they are using different paint materials instead of solid colors. Sculpt is clean, panel lines are visible despite being made of alloy.

SG6.jpg

SG7.jpg

SG19.jpg

SG9.jpg

SG21.jpg

The articulations seems to be very dated, I am wondering if they are using back the same mold from the one that's displayed back in 2013. But it is able to do the Shawn Michaels pose very well. :lol

SG10.jpg

SG12.jpg

SG13.jpg

SG14.jpg

SG15.jpg

SG16.jpg

SG17.jpg

SG11.jpg

As you can see, I'm trying to replicate the pose from the concept art (I know, it's a different mode) but can't because of the poor articulation on the neck.

SG22.jpg

Size

-

Verdict:

Value - 6/10
Packaging - 7/10
Sculpting - 7/10
Paint - 8/10
Articulation - 3/10
Accessories - 4/10

This is a rather expensive or the most expensive 1/12 figure to me, would I get another CMC figure? Why not, since Igor is releasing soon.

If reviews are positive for Igor, I might give CMC another go.

Hit me with any questions you have about the figure or if you need any additional pictures.

Quite curious why no one has interest in this piece :gah:

Is it because of the company? :lol

Quite curious why no one has interest in this piece :gah:

Is it because of the company? :lol

I think he looks great for a 1/12 scale figure. BTW your pictures are awesome. For me I got bored with 1/6 scale and stopped collecting them. I moved on to 1/4 , Here is a cool pic I found of the 1/12 scale with the 1/4 scale in the same arena . I think it takes a lot to cram so much detail into such a small format.

Got a question: Do you know off hand what type of batteries this takes? I need to pick up replacements.

Thanks!

Back