1/4 Play Imaginative - Super Alloy Die Cast - Iron Man 3 - Iron Patriot - Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus000

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm here with Iron Patriot from Play Imaginative.

Here are my thoughts on the figure and packaging. I feel just like my War Machine the did an outstanding job with the packaging presentation all the way from protecting the art box in the shipper to stamping Iron Patriot's chest on the Styrofoam. The base is large and has bright white LED's. The figure itself is a nice clean paint job. No scuff marks. The LED switches and battery compartments are easy to get to. He feels heavy.

Using my Google skills, I found a US seller that has them in stock. They are out of Atlanta Georgia and have been great with communication during the transaction. They shipped my figures Fedex, but they also have an option for UPS. I got my figures in about 5 business days ground of course. I saw one listing on ebay for him, but this place sells him at retail for 594.00 plus shipping. They also have a reward system which gives you rewards instantly after purchase so if You buy War Machine on one invoice then you can take the rewards from that purchase and apply to the Iron Patriot and get about 30.00 off, or vise versa. Oh and War Machine is lower than retail at 530.00 plus shipping. Anyway hope this helps anyone wanting the figure.

Justin Direct Super Alloy - 1/4 Scale Iron Patriot (Regular Edition)

Here is my review of him. Please understand I don't get any money from Youtube. I turn off all ads on my videos. I'm just excited to get more figures in 1/4 scale, and the Die Cast just tops the cake for me.

Great review thank you.

I am planning to get my war machine first before deciding with buying this one

Watched your video today so it's nice to see you here on the forum. I bought this figure from justindirect the other day via EBay. Expecting it to arrive next week. Thanks for the pictures and information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched your video today so it's nice to see you here on the forum. I bought this figure from justindirect the other day via EBay. Expecting it to arrive next week. Thanks for the pictures and information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem at all. Yeah I didn't even know that Iron Patriot had been released. I had thought it had been pulled back like the Mark 42 did. ComicCave's site a Tab for Play Imaginative, It showed 2 releases, one was War Machine and the other Iron Patriot. Ebay had one for 850 which I thought was way too high since these are supposed to be in the 600.00 price range.

The Googling had begun and like 4 pages in of search results was some retailer called JustinDirect. I have to say their site needs work if they want to sell to the public, I was a little skeptical at first because they showed to have War Machine and Iron Patriot. War machine was even on sale for 530.00 and Iron Patriot was 594.00. Anyway I ended up ordering Iron Patriot first, then I received an email saying I have 29.00 in reward points. I decided to see if the reward points were instant credit so I placed War Machine in my cart which was on sale for 530.00 and there was a button that said use 29.00 in reward points now. I clicked it and bamm it reduced the amount by 29.00. So I said what the heck I just pay and have both of them. On a side note I did create an account first before ordering anything. I don't know if that's why I got the reward points for my first order or not.

All in all I'm happy to have both these pieces. I'm crossing my fingers to eventually get Mark 42, 43, and 45.

:hi5:

No problem at all. Yeah I didn't even know that Iron Patriot had been released. I had thought it had been pulled back like the Mark 42 did. ComicCave's site a Tab for Play Imaginative, It showed 2 releases, one was War Machine and the other Iron Patriot. Ebay had one for 850 which I thought was way too high since these are supposed to be in the 600.00 price range.

The Googling had begun and like 4 pages in of search results was some retailer called JustinDirect. I have to say their site needs work if they want to sell to the public, I was a little skeptical at first because they showed to have War Machine and Iron Patriot. War machine was even on sale for 530.00 and Iron Patriot was 594.00. Anyway I ended up ordering Iron Patriot first, then I received an email saying I have 29.00 in reward points. I decided to see if the reward points were instant credit so I placed War Machine in my cart which was on sale for 530.00 and there was a button that said use 29.00 in reward points now. I clicked it and bamm it reduced the amount by 29.00. So I said what the heck I just pay and have both of them. On a side note I did create an account first before ordering anything. I don't know if that's why I got the reward points for my first order or not.

All in all I'm happy to have both these pieces. I'm crossing my fingers to eventually get Mark 42, 43, and 45.

:hi5:

600USD?

Why is the patriot more expensive than the war machine ?

I got a great price on war machine but getting ripped on the iron patriot. Is there like only a few of them or something ?

600USD?

Why is the patriot more expensive than the war machine ?

I got a great price on war machine but getting ripped on the iron patriot. Is there like only a few of them or something ?

Retail price on these figures was over 600.00 USD
The Mark 42 was priced at 680.00 USD. Truthfully nobody really has these figures for sale. I saw someone in Japan has one on eBay for 850.00 . After I searched around I found JustinDirect.com who has them for 594.00 plus ship. I doubt they have many in stock. Once they sell out there is no way for any retailer to order more since PI is out of business.

I still feel at 600.00 he is well worth it, but that's just me. :)

Last edited:
Iron Patriot was the last 1/4 product that PI made before handing over the license to Comicave. There will be a very limited amount of Iron Patriots made from what I understand and actually shocked it went to production. It does not appear IP made it out of Asia to the global e-tailers so if you get one it is sourced from local Asia distributors and not by PI to the regular global distributor outlets. BBTS for instance does not have it for sale and they got everything else PI produced.

To answer SwiftWilly exactly, I did some research, and pulled up the old archived listings from YesAnime for each figure. The retail pricing structure of each figure is as follows:
/
/
Super Alloy 1/4 Scale Collectible Figure – Starboost (Exclusive Edition)

$609.99

Available on backorder
SKU: SAMV04IM39E. Categories: 1/4 Scales, Collectable Figures. Tags: 1/12 Scales, Starboost, Super Alloy.

/
/
/
Super Alloy 1/4 Scale Collectible Figure – War Machine Mark II

$609.99

Available on backorder
SKU: SAMV04WM02. Categories: 1/4 Scales, Collectable Figures. Tags: 1/12 Scales, 1/4 scales, Super Alloy, War Machine Mark 2.

/
/
/
Super Alloy 1/4 Scale Collectible Figure – War Machine Mark II (Exclusive Edition)

$679.99

Available on backorder
SKU: PI88011. Categories: 1/4 Scales, Collectable Figures. Tags: 1/12 Scales, 1/4 scales, Super Alloy, War Machine Mark 2.

/
/
/
Super Alloy 1/4 Scale Collectible Figure – Iron Man Mark 42

$679.99

Available on backorder
SKU: MARKXLII18. Categories: 1/4 Scales, Collectable Figures. Tags: 1/12 Scales, 1/4 scales, Super Alloy, War Machine Mark 2.

/
/
/
Super Alloy 1/4 Scale Collectible Figure – Heartbreaker

$609.99

Available on backorder
SKU: SAMV04IM17N. Categories: 1/4 Scales, Collectable Figures. Tags: 1/12 Scales, 1/4 scales, Heartbreaker, Super Alloy, War Machine Mark 2.

/
/
/
With that said I agree that the release of Iron Patriot was virtually unknown to the US market. Like Hokietwo mentioned BBTS never received any stock of him. It is my understanding that only retailers that actually Pre paid for their Entire order ahead of time back in 2013 received actual stock. Once their stock is depleted there is no way for them to receive another shipment.

On a side note, I still believe the Mark 42 was actually fully produced, and packaged. I'm hoping that ComicCave will QC the batch that was produced and sell the ones that pass QC through BlueFin for the US market.

:)

Thanks. I may pull trigger on IP then. Need to get war machine first and just check if I like it.

Apart from IP WM and potentially MK43 did any of the others get released?

I won't get the MK43, pre ordered the HT version.

Thanks. I may pull trigger on IP then. Need to get war machine first and just check if I like it.

Apart from IP WM and potentially MK43 did any of the others get released?

I won't get the MK43, pre ordered the HT version.

The only official releases are the War machine RAW ,Exclusive , and Regular version. Then they released Iron Patriot to only a select few retailers. That is all that were released before Play Imaginative / Super Alloyfigure.com closed up.

BBTS had the War Machine Mark II Raw edition first then the painted exclusive and regular version.
They never received stock of Iron Patriot

No idea if they will sell the Mark 42 even though the rumor is it was done and ready to ship.

Upcoming from ComicCave studios in 1/4 scale is the Hulkbuster , Mark 43, and Mark 45.

I'm actually glad they are focusing only on 3 figures I this 1/4 scale size class.

I actually received email from PI, they said mk 42 will be released this december. It supposed to be released during comicon, but delayed by comicave because not up to their standard.
I believe it's only another excuses, but nevertheless the figure will come out eventually

I found the email:
Dear pre-order customer,

RE: Production status of 1/4 Scale Iron Man Mark 42 – Exclusive Edition

The quality control of the above item has been handed over to Comicave Studios, who are implementing inspection checks on all figures released.

After initial checks, they have found that the product quality has not reached suitable standards appropriate for release, and have therefore decided to hold back on the release, while further improvements are put in place.

The estimated release of the product will be December 2015, whereby pre-orders and distributor orders will be filled in the weeks following the initial release.

We sincerely apologise for the long delay, however Comicave Studios is determined to only release products which reach suitable quality standards.

We thank you for your continued support, and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You may contact us at: [email protected]

Sincerely,
Play Imaginative

That would be great if the 42 came out since it would go with iron patriot on display and the war machine goes well with the mark 43/45. So be nice display options having the Mark 42 made.

Wonder if they will still release it with all of the different heads like Tony full sculpt BD and Pepper rescue. That BD stark was a decent sculpt. Still not the HT Mark 43 level for paint but the sculpt was very well done.

mark420.jpg

the only thing i know they won't be giving is the diecast remote. I really hoping they'll still give us the remote though

Back