Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

• Pete Burke

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Alan Virdon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galen

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • TV Zaius

• Virgil

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Milo

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Aldo

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Prefect Barlow

• Governor Breck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armando

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was no 1st, 2nd, 3rd... posting in the poll. I've found that this can just muck up a poll from time to time. A TON of collectors customs and kitbashed POTA items are posted in the "Save POTA" thread, but paging thru can be tedious. I would suggest setting your page post limits to 40 per page, that seems to help a bit in perusing thru them all.
I was actually hoping that an astronaut would win so that I could have justified a two pack of their heads. Alas, the Lawgiver was not on my side for this one. :monkey2

I'm away in Florida visiting the parents for Easter, so I have very limited e-mail access. To my surprise after a few days off the boards, I find that Armando is in the lead.

WooHoo! Hopefully he holds out!

Interesting... the TV characters only got 7 votes altogther and the Film saga characters got 32.

VERY interesting.... :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
Interesting... the TV characters only got 7 votes altogther and the Film saga characters got 32.

VERY interesting.... :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Very disappointing is more like it. Many have said that they enjoyed the series. There are even POTA sites specifically geared towards the TV version. Yet, Armando is trumping everyone?
Oh, well. All will be completed in due time.

This poll hints to the possibiity that IF Sideshow HAD mounted a POTA TV series line it would have seriously tanked... even bigger than Highlander. :eek:

Could Sideshow have been right? Gee... how sad. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

In hindsight, I should have saved my vote for Aldo... at least an APE would have won the poll!!! But no... I backed the wrong monkey. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure a $ide$how line from the TV series would have "tanked". I think that folks are more interested in getting the customs that complete the lines started already, not branching out. To that end, I think the TV astronauts are doing poorly because $ide$how never went that far. Had they ventured into the TV version, they may have made Virdon, Burke, Galen, Urko and Zaius. That means the poll could have Prefect Barlow in contention. LOL
Also, with a lot of people I've spoken to, it seems they would have preferred to get both Burke and Virdon together. Anyway, mostly all moot points. I brought Urko out, I'll do my best to orchestrate this head successfully, and I'll continue to try and get more into our hands.

Daniel, aka Sunohc, stated he'd be willing to step up to the plate for us. If you've seen his Michael Ironside or Jim Kelly you know what a great job he can do on a sculpt. And depending on when we actually commence, how soon the monies arrive, etc..the turnaround time shouldn't be too long. Now if we can just get some last minute APE votes!! :D

angelofmusic2112 said:
So do we have a winner yet? What time does this poll expire?

Tis over my friend.
:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks
It appears that Armando will be the next head added. Well, once we get some committments from all who voted and some other faithful POTA fans, then the $ is received, then it can be commissioned. {Stickman, I got yours already, thanks!!}

Morgan the Raider said:
How much do you need, Iron Man?

That will actually depend on if everyone commits to buy this head. Then we can get a lower "per head" price and hopefully move onto the next head. It should fall between $20 and $30 per head.

I'm in for two (2) of the Armando heads Ironman. Are we getting the ESCAPE version without the goatee? I prefer that one over the CONQUEST version because it will be very easy to put the goatee on him using sculpey. What did Richardo look like in the Star Trek movies? We may want to consider all this as to appeal to a larger group of people. Apes fans and Trekies.

Do you want me to Paypal you Ironman, or would you like me to mail a check for my two (2) heads? Let me know. ~Angel~

Last edited:
Hi Ironman. Please put me in for one Armondo head. Let me get the details as far as payment and when the sculpts will be ready. Also, will they be fully painted? Thankyou, Kent ([email protected]).

C'mon everyone! I'm all geared up and ready for the next ape head poll that Ironman has for us! Let's get him paid and on the way to having our sculpts done. :chew

Interesting dilema... Armando... goatee or no goatee? That is the question.

I MUCH prefer the goatee, myself. Sorry, guys... I'm no good at weilding the sculpy. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

How do we decide? Is there going to be another poll to decide this? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Also, when is payment due... before or after the sculpt is completed, like it was with Urko. :confused:

Protozaius said:
Interesting dilema... Armando... goatee or no goatee? That is the question.

I MUCH prefer the goatee, myself. Sorry, guys... I'm no good at weilding the sculpy. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

How do we decide? Is there going to be another poll to decide this? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Also, when is payment due... before or after the sculpt is completed, like it was with Urko. :confused:

Come PZ, Get one of each! I can put the Goatee on for you

Ok, I have passed on the questions that you all have asked and will post what reply I receive as soon as I get it. I do most certainly want to get this underway so we can think about another one down the line.
:rolleyes: Maybe an "All Simian" poll for the next one.....

Back