Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

• Pete Burke

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Alan Virdon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galen

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • TV Zaius

• Virgil

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Milo

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Aldo

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Prefect Barlow

• Governor Breck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armando

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
Ok, we're trying this again!!
As I had posted over in the Save POTA thread:
*******************ANNOUNCEMENT***************************

OK, I have grabbed the bull by the horns and can once again offer a NEW Planet of the Apes character head. That particular character is, as of yet, undecided.
Here's the details:
To get the head into the $25- $30 range we need a commitment by about 20 people. If we get 30 people it would be around $20-25 per head. Once [note the positive optimism here] we get the commitment by the minimum amount of folks, we'll start talking which character to start off with. Or we could start a poll now if you feel that would attract more people to participate.
Either way let me know how you'd like to proceed.
As always, feel free to email me with any questions, concerns or comments.
Thanks in advance for helping this to work and let's:

SAVE THE PLANET OF THE APES!!!

It was mentioned that folks may partake more if they knew which head would be forthcoming so I've put together this poll to help decide. Personally, I hope to see each one get made [and even more]but, here goes.

Pete Burke
POTAPeteBurke01.jpg

Alan Virdon
POTA-51.jpg

Galen
POTA-Galen.jpg

TV Zaius
POTATV05.jpg

Virgil
POTA-Virgil01.jpg

Milo
POTA-Milo.jpg

Aldo
POTA-GeneralAldo.jpg

Prefect Barlow
POTATV12Barlow.jpg

Governor Breck
POTA-ConquestCard11a.jpg

Armando
POTA-Armando01.jpg

I've posted the pix purely as a reference for those that may not have a clear memory of what which character looked like. Sorry some are smaller than others, it was the best I could do on short notice. I will leave the poll active for 30 days from today. That should be enough time to get all interested parties involved.
Thanks to all of you iin advance!!

Last edited:
I'd love for Armando but I don't have his outfit. I do have a Dr. Z outfit so I have to go Dr. Z TV series. He'd be cool Aldo wold be cool to

Wow!!! I never thought Armando would take the lead [but its still early]. I almost didn't include him. I was going to go with Hasslein because I thought the WWII crossover might pick up some interest [from his being in TV's Rat Patrol]

Boy, I try and get some sleep for a couple of hours and Aldo comes outta nowhere to tie for the lead!! Poor Pete, he jumped out to a 100% lead with the first 2 votes and has been stymied ever since. :lol
I am glad to see some activity on this. I hope it continues straight thru the length of the poll!!!
C'mon:
Now, VOTE like apes!!!

I had to go with Aldo. I voted before looking at the results and was blown away when he took the lead with my vote. I always go Ape, although some more humans are welcome.

Gee, Stickman went with a gorilla? Whatta shock!! NOT.

Hey folks, could everyone who is committed to buying whatever head wins please just post that they're "in" so I can start a list and keep count. Hey, right now it doesn't look all that good for my fave, but I'm in for whichever one prevails!!
Thanks!!

I really hope a human wins. I know it's Planet of the Apes--and I love the apes--but I so want Armando or even Burke or Virdon over Aldo. I don't see the need for another gorilla right now.

Its always time for another gorilla!!
That being said, I too am hoping for a human in this particular poll. Specifically : Pete Burke.
But I'll settle for any new ones!!!

Morgan the Raider said:
I really hope a human wins. I know it's Planet of the Apes--and I love the apes--but I so want Armando or even Burke or Virdon over Aldo. I don't see the need for another gorilla right now.

The choices are interesting... I'm having a hard time deciding. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

I would like to go for an ape... but an ape that would be relatively easy to get the clothes for. I'm trying to balance my love for the character with the ease of customization.

Will my love for orangutans win the day with a vote for either Virgil or the TV Zaius? If this were the case, I would probably go for Virgil since I always thought that Booth Coleman had rather big Ape feet to fill in the shadow of the great Maurice Evans. But where's John Huson's Lawgiver? Not that I need another ape to cloud my decision.

For me, there is a pull to vote for Galen... which would be the first vote for him thus far. When I think about the whole Ape saga, one of the main reasons I love them so is because of the dedicated work of Roddy McDowall. And he had stated in many a interview before his passing, that his favorite chimp he played was Galen. I can't help but feel the need to honor his work with my vote.

But if I were to go human, I think I would go for Armando or perhaps Breck... he is one of the more underrated characters in the saga.

I have until April 14th to decide, right?

Last edited:
I would also like Breck! After the totals are in, can we revote the popular ones to narrow it down from there? I wish I thought this through before voting. :confused:

Breck needs some ape punishment for violating our Caesar! :monkey3
POTAAPES053.jpg

I really don't want to get into the whole vote unto a vote unto a vote.....
My hope is that everyone will get whatever the winning head is. Then, the next poll only has NINE spots, the next EIGHT, until this list is exhausted. THEN, we start with the next 10 heads!!! And, let's remember, that if we vote for Stevie, its like getting Albina free in the process. :monkey3

Still hopeing for a good Brent replacment head myself. I would like to get behind this, but I don't feel comfortable commiting to anything until I see the sculpt. Hope it works out for other POTA fans.

Well first up I am in for anybody, heck all of them! But I don't want a pete with out an alan, and then there is the ease of creating the costume...so aldo for now. But what ever it is lets do it!!:monkey5

Well, I was hoping Burke or Virdon would win the first poll. It would make the second head a kind of no-brainer. :rolleyes:
yruh8n, if it makes you more comfortable, I have spoken to Daniel aka sunohc and he is willing to take on the task. If you look at his gallery you can see what he is capable of. His Jim Kelly is absolutely alive!!

Back