Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

• Pete Burke

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Alan Virdon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galen

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • TV Zaius

• Virgil

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Milo

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Aldo

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Prefect Barlow

• Governor Breck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armando

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O.K. the winner takes all!

Reading my poker face, I'd say I'm all in!

taylorNova.jpg

C'mon folks. Help me keep this thread alive and near the top. The poor Apes didn't get their own section from the Darklord like Buffy & Angel [despite 6 films, a tv series, animated series, books and magazines] so we don't have the luxury of it staying among the most popular in a specific forum. Tell anyone who you think might be interested in one of the sculpts to join up and VOTE!! We need to keep this fresh and active.
And, hey, while you're at it give some thoughts over in the "spies" thread. I think a poll will be forthcoming shortly. :rolleyes:

Ironman1188 said:
C'mon folks. Help me keep this thread alive and near the top.

Doin' my best, Ironman....

Haven't cast my vote yet... still thinkin'. :monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

I voted for Aldo.
I figure he'll be the easiest to customize, considering all the 1/6 scale Tommy guns and bayonets that are available, along with the studded collar off the Hasbro Ursus.

-Ray

I voted Burke. I think it would be easier to make a human custom. But you can count me in for who ever wins too.

I voted for Aldo as well, but in retrospect I might have voted for Armando. Either way both would be awesome!!!

BTW:

Ape-O-Nauts, Ape-O-Nauts, Ape-O-Nauts!!!

Ohhh, Aldo is winning the race! :monkey3 I wonder what the sculpt would look like.

Aldo will be a simple custom to make. I think even I could handle that one. And I've only made a few decent customs in my whole life.:lol

Still, I'd rather get Armando. I've always wanted a figure of Montalban.

Well, I can honestly say that when I finally cast my vote, it won't be for Aldo. :D

I have to admit I'm not all that surprised to see Aldo posting well in the poll. On the other hand, Armando has totally surprised me. I thought maybe Milo [to complete the needed Ape-o-nauts] or maybe one of the TV astronauts...but Armando? Definitely an interesting poll thus far. I do like that Aldo has gotten some competition.

Has any 1:6 toy manufacturer produced a Ricardo Montelban headscult, for Star Trek or any other film, series? angelofmusic, welcome to the discussion board. I'm sure other posters would love to see some of your custom work. I'm sure I'm not the only one that admired "The Bomb". I think they'd also appreciate your Virgil and Frank, among others.

Angelofmusic... any chance you can be persuaded to posed some of your work here or perhaps on our LONG RUNNING POTA thread.

I too would like to welcome you to the jungle... just don't go near the cornfields. The apes hate it when we eat their crops. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Thanks for the warm welcome Ironman1188, Protozaius, and Actiontrooper! It’s good to be in the Jungle after being lost in the Forbidden Zone! :rotfl

As soon as I learn to navigate around this site, I’ll do just that and post some pics! I just love seeing the stuff you guys are posting here! :monkey5

I just recently created a new Gorilla! Remember the Gorilla on patrol with the pistol that shoots Brent in the arm? That's what I was going for when I created this ape... Pictures will be coming. I used a Hasbro ape, cut off all his hair and removed his teeth. (Boy did he ever scream!) He was given a whole new look... and a few bananas to calm him down.

Oh yeah! Back to the poll! Armondo - whooo whoo! C’mon Armondo!

I'm new to this forum, but not to the Planet of the Apes Genre. I have many ideas to share when it comes to the 12" figure line. I have been an avid collector for many years and can offer new ideas if need be. I will always be drawn to the first Planet of the Apes Movie and it presents many 12" line ideas. I even was thinking on attempting to make a cornfield scene during the humans roundup. How about just making a four head set consisting of humans with ragety hair and beards or one complete set coming with a couple corn stalks, fruit, capture netting, kneck harnesses, loin cloths. I really should have started with Landon and Dodge! There packs with different accessories and brilliant head sculpts. I hope that I can contribute in the future to this Forum. Thankyou!

Back