Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

• Pete Burke

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Alan Virdon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galen

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • TV Zaius

• Virgil

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Milo

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Aldo

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Prefect Barlow

• Governor Breck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armando

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ironman1188 said:
Ok, I have passed on the questions that you all have asked and will post what reply I receive as soon as I get it. I do most certainly want to get this underway so we can think about another one down the line.
:rolleyes: Maybe an "All Simian" poll for the next one.....

An All Simian Poll is fine. I already know who I'm voting for! Milo!

I'm just kidding around. Milo is essential to the Ape-o-nauts and must eventually be made. I'd also like to see {just off the top of my head}
-Ursus [that looks like the James Gregory Ursus]
-Aldo
-Galen
-Virgil
-Lawgiver
-Mandemus
-Honorious
-Assembly President
-Maximus
-Prefect Barlow
-Zako
-Aboro

I just bought five (5) Sideshow figures of Dr. Zaius last night. I plan on using them over the summer to create some of the figures you mentioned.

1. Lawgiver (John Huston)
2. President of the Assembly
3. Dr. Honorious
4. Dr. Maximous
5. Preacher Ape (Purple Attire)

Not sure if I'll pull it off, but I'm going to try.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Ironman1188 said:
I'm just kidding around. Milo is essential to the Ape-o-nauts and must eventually be made. I'd also like to see {just off the top of my head}
-Ursus [that looks like the James Gregory Ursus]
-Aldo
-Galen
-Virgil
-Lawgiver
-Mandemus
-Honorious
-Assembly President
-Maximus
-Prefect Barlow
-Zako
-Aboro

I'd like to add to the list both Lucius and Julius.

Your list contains many orangutans... this makes me happy. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

OK, I can't get a firm price until I know for sure who's in.
I am waiting on the answer to the painting and goatee/no goatee questions. If you are interested in committing to the Armando head poll exclusive, please email me with a note confirming it.
[email protected]
Thanks!!

If 15 folks voted for him, I'd have thought to hear from at least 15 people. C'mon apeophiles!! Lets get him made so we can do another!!

OK!!
I have some info on the Armando head. I inquired as to the goatee and the painting as some had asked about. I was told that painting a few may be possible but didn't receive a quote on what the extra cost might be. As for the goatee it sounds like it might actually be "cheaper" in the long run to make it a 2 head set of a cleanshaved and goatee version.
Here's what I got:
I trust you'll get the money somehow in the end, so I wiill only need the money prior to casting.

The cost depends on how many molds I need to produce the head and how man people are in it.
If 10 people are in, then the price will be $45 per person; shipped.
This covers the cost of 10 castings, 1 mold, and the original head sculpt which is with the caster.

If you wanted a clean shaven version, then I'd have to ask for another mold and set of castings,
that would cost about $15 more per person. Therefore, if each person got two heads (one shaven and one with beard), then it';d be $60 for two.

This may help you,
the people who only want a clean shaven version will have to pay more than those who get both.

10 people - $45 per person, 1 mold, 10 castings
10 people - $15 more per person, 1 mold, 10 castings (clean shaven version)
15 people - $32 per person, 1 mold, 15 castings
15 people - $8 more per person for the clean shaven
20 people - $25 per person, 1 mold, 20 castings
20 people - $7 more per person for the clean shaven
25 people - $21 per person, 1 mold, 25 castings
25 people - $7 more per person for the clean shaven

To make it a little easier, 'cause I had a hard time wrapping my brain around it at first, a 2 head set will break down like this:
10 people = $60
15 people = $40
20 people = $32
25 people = $28

So the way I see it, if we're fortunate enough to get to the point of 25 people who want either version, they'll get BOTH for $28 which is less than I had expected to pay for one head when we started out. I'd be really glad to get to 20 though honestly. Tell anyone you know of that this may interest. Anyone who may want to convert it into a young or older Khan from Star Trek, a Mr. Roarke from Fantasy Island [See? Another reason $ide$how should have made Nick Nack :D ]
I'll make another thread that this head will be available. Being as not many but the true of ape hearts frequent the halls of POTA much anymore, maybe some of the great customizers on the forum will partake as well.

It is very sad to hear that the 15 people that voted for him now don't want to buy the head. I did not vote in the poll because I didn't intend to buy the winner. The choices were mostly from the final movies and TV show and my interests have always been in the first two movies.

But those who did partake in the poll should have done so with the intent to follow through.

I'm sorry Ironman that all did not go as well as it appeared. I was looking forward to seeing the sculpt and resulting paint jobs and figures.

Back