Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet of the Apes Custom head POLL 2007

• Pete Burke

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Alan Virdon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galen

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • TV Zaius

• Virgil

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Milo

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Aldo

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Prefect Barlow

• Governor Breck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armando

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should figure out a commitment to buy now. Get an idea of who is really in this. I just can't understand all of the Aldo love. It seems very weird.

BTW, I got my Urko the other day and it's amazing. I'd be happy to get an Aldo, but I would much rather have Armando. Ah well, I'm commited either way.

Burke!
Burke!
Burke!

Seriously though, I would really need to have a nice set of his rags for this one, the astro version would be no problem.

IM - you can see the poll results right? Who voted for Aldo Besides me? :eek:

Sorry, Stickman, I made it a private poll. I have no idea who voted where {Burke}. I should have done it as a commitment poll, then vote for the head you'd commit to buy, but still be open to buy if another sculpt won.

Morgan the Raider said:
We should figure out a commitment to buy now. Get an idea of who is really in this. I just can't understand all of the Aldo love. It seems very weird.

BTW, I got my Urko the other day and it's amazing. I'd be happy to get an Aldo, but I would much rather have Armando. Ah well, I'm commited either way.

Hey Raider. Did you find those Landon figures I told you about? I located a source for you if interested. ~Angel~

Check these out Morgan and Ironman!

Fully boxed and clothed $54.99 each

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIBB-21426

Nude Figure: $12.99 each

https://www.toyanxiety.com/template.jsp?page=Catalog&menu=1&id=1087

Nude Figure: $10.95 each

https://store.krak-troops.com/barn01.html

Here's another interesting site that sells Sideshow ape parts and pieces: Go to this website and simply click on PLANET OF THE APES to see the Sidehsow Stuff sold as loose pieces!

https://www.toyanxiety.com/template.jsp?page=Catalog&menu=1&id=613

Last edited:
Okay... in celebration of my birthday today, I've decided to FINALLY cast my vote.

Some would say that I'm throwing away my vote, but I must vote for the one that I want the most... and that would be Virgil.

:chew:chew:chewORANGUTANS RULE!:chew:chew:chew

Last edited:
Thank you fellow simians!!!

For your information, on top of my cake the hunt in the corn feilds was recreated using Kubricks. It was my son's idea. :D

He also added the Statue of Liberty just because he liked the way it looked. Well, it would have made for a much shorter film if it was accurate. :lol :rotfl :lol

Last edited:
What a brillaint idea PZ! I love it!

Hey look at that! Armando just received another vote from someone! C'mon Armando! ~Angel~:angelsmil

Last edited:
I find it funny that someone voted for Prefect Barlow OVER Alan Virdon.

What no love for Ron Harper's character? Maybe his crazy obsession with that damn flight disc alienated fans. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I'm so glad I found this website!

I have a question. Has it been decided which head sculpt would be sculpted should Armando win? I'd like to recommend the Escape version because it seems as though many people at this website have the capability to add facial hair using Sculpey. The postings and pictures I’ve seen at this website all look great! It would probably be much easier to add a goatee, rather than to try to remove remove it.

Just a thought, but if the Escape Armando were made, a Sculpey goatee could be added to the figure and then used for the Conquest Armando. I would think people might order extra heads if this version were made.

Last edited:
Shomp... May I call you shemp? Has a great suggestion. Take it to heart he is right. Two sculpts for the price of one. Maybe three... Kahn from Star Trek. I'm not involved, and I don't plan on collecting much past the first two movies but for you who want the final three movies this is a good idea.

I would kill for a 1:6 Wrath of Khan Montalban and seeing as how this is the 25th Anniversary it's a damn good idea to make Armando and

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!

Holy crap!!! I blink and all of a sudden Armando has shot past Aldo!! :confused:
I am certainly surprised that a human [nonetheless Armando] is trumping Aldo. I could understand the astronauts, but hell, they're getting NO love at all. A most interesting poll to say the least.

Ironman, I would have preferred to have seen an astronaut twopack. Two heads are better than one. I voted for Armando instead, seeing as I could only place one vote. Just out of curiosity, did the poll have an ability to have first, second, third choice here? After the current poll is closed, it might be interesting to see how such a poll would go. I'd also like to see a thread or subthread with a collection of kitbashed 1:6 POTA figures made by posters all together, either here as a photo array or on the main Save The Planet of the Apes thread.

Back