Planet of the Apes 1/6 thread NEW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slikkerias

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I've been searching the forum to find a thread on Planet of the Apes Hot Toys, Sideshow and custom figures - and I can't find any. So figured I'd start a new one!
So here we go, show us what you got and let's share tips and tricks in making these older figures look great!

I'll start by showing my POTA shelf and hope to see some replies. All my SSC figures are repainted, have new bodies and modded in different ways. So are some of the HT ones. I have made the Julius custom recently.
The Caesar is a modded SSC with the head of Caesar from the reboot. Thought it was interesting to show the development of the character in a single figure (and the SSC head is a bit hard to get acceptable).

Thanks for looking!
225ff49fffd235189e05d227fea32023.jpg

572a2a3fbd57eead7f2be50075179ecd.jpg

8125601894ec09e815649edf7daceda9.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent figures. I missed out on the HT Ursus & Gorillas. I recently had a Taylor and a Nova HS commissioned, but it could be awhile before I have anything to show.

Excellent figures. I missed out on the HT Ursus & Gorillas. I recently had a Taylor and a Nova HS commissioned, but it could be awhile before I have anything to show.

Sounds great! Really need new head sculpts. Are you only gonna get a single one produced?

Sounds great! Really need new head sculpts. Are you only gonna get a single one produced?

Well, when I originally set the commission up it was for one-offs as I'd seen interest threads before that never seemed to go anywhere, and I REALLY wanted them, as Charlton Heston is my favorite actor, and POTA is my favorite movie (Nova... because the SS version sucked ass), but the sculptor asked if he could make extra copies to sell. Whether or not he's going to offer them, I don't know, or if he's planning to keep them for himself). I can ask himwhat his plans are if you'd like.

By the way... Nova is a bald sculpt so real hair can be attached.

Well, when I originally set the commission up it was for one-offs as I'd seen interest threads before that never seemed to go anywhere, and I REALLY wanted them, as Charlton Heston is my favorite actor, and POTA is my favorite movie (Nova... because the SS version sucked ass), but the sculptor asked if he could make extra copies to sell. Whether or not he's going to offer them, I don't know, or if he's planning to keep them for himself). I can ask himwhat his plans are if you'd like..

Please let us know. I've had an interest thread up for ages for a Heston head (I preferred the Omega Man era), see it here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/interest-threads/140942-1-6-charlton-heston-omega-planet-apes-etc.html
Some interest but no sculptor ever took up the project.

Sean

Well, when I originally set the commission up it was for one-offs as I'd seen interest threads before that never seemed to go anywhere, and I REALLY wanted them, as Charlton Heston is my favorite actor, and POTA is my favorite movie (Nova... because the SS version sucked ass), but the sculptor asked if he could make extra copies to sell. Whether or not he's going to offer them, I don't know, or if he's planning to keep them for himself). I can ask himwhat his plans are if you'd like.

By the way... Nova is a bald sculpt so real hair can be attached.

Sounds great! I'd love to know! Really need a good head for Heston, and Nova would be a great addition too.

Back