Optibotimus Reviews: Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th scale: Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review! I personally like that fact that the grey has no texture (in my opinion, the suits these days have a little too much texture), and certainly in your lighting setup, I think the blue is perfect. So happy I have this on pre-order!

great review. i agree about the suit texture if they could have incorporated a texture similar to their premium format statue it would have been an improvement. im very glad i have the figure on PO and im now looking forward to him immensely (thanks to your review). the other reviews had not really sold the figure at all.

Seeing the reviews for this I like it a tad better but I still don't love this figure. The lack of texture on the suit I didn't pay much attention to, but now I do and I agree it is a bit plain compared with everything else on the figure. The head sculpts I'm still on the fence about. On the one hand they look better slightly to me seeing more reviews, but I still don't care for the face plates and I agree with Optibotimus that the battle damaged look seems sort of off with the clean suit going off reviews that have shown that sculpt with the figure.

Nice review and good quality video. Is the belt removable or is it attached to the suit?

Nice review and good quality video. Is the belt removable or is it attached to the suit?
It's non-removable which kind of stinks but oh well. I think one thing that could have added a lot to this figure would be an unmasked Wayne sculpt personally. That's always been a favorite look of Batman for me.

Seeing the reviews for this I like it a tad better but I still don't love this figure. The lack of texture on the suit I didn't pay much attention to, but now I do and I agree it is a bit plain compared with everything else on the figure. The head sculpts I'm still on the fence about. On the one hand they look better slightly to me seeing more reviews, but I still don't care for the face plates and I agree with Optibotimus that the battle damaged look seems sort of off with the clean suit going off reviews that have shown that sculpt with the figure.

yeah im about a click away from cancelling the EX. its just not needed. i will never display the battle damaged head.

might just go with a regular from BBTS and save on the shipping and tax.

Nice review, thanks for all the details. The only thing I wish it had was a zipper on the suit to remove it so I could put a body suit underneath to smooth out that area from the bottom of the rib cage to the waist, it's kind of a rough transition. Otherwise, it looks to be a great comic based Batman figure...looking forward to Superman as well.

Looking at that review, it seems like this would be more of a fun figure than a good display piece. The Kryptonite ring hand, the Grappling line; this seems more like an adult oriented toy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. My mind was going to all the cool battle poses you could do with this guy and Joker, or with Batman vs. Superman, so, I think the value people find in this will depend on what type of collectors they are.

Looking at it, if it was just sitting on a shelf among a bunch of other figures, there's really nothing that makes him stand apart from the pack. The heads are nice, but I think the body's got some weird proportional stuff going on, particularly around the lower abdomen, and it's not very aesthetically pleasing. I think guys like Jingobell and people who really like photographing elaborate displays would probably get more out of this. On his own: meh. Say, pulling angry heat vision Superman toward him with the grappling hook, while he pulls back his Kryptonite adorned fist to deliver the knock out blow? Much better.

As for the review, you nailed it, Optibotimus; keep up the good work!

First review to mention the switch out face plates!
Glad I ordered this when he 1st was announced.
I hope Superman turns out to be as good as this....and Deadpool too!

yeah im about a click away from cancelling the EX. its just not needed. i will never display the battle damaged head.

might just go with a regular from BBTS and save on the shipping and tax.

If you're getting it from Sideshow, i don't really see the difference honestly. The price is the same, so why not get that extra accessory. Maybe sell that off individually to someone that couldn't get the exclusive version and wants that head?

First review to mention the switch out face plates!
Glad I ordered this when he 1st was announced.
I hope Superman turns out to be as good as this....and Deadpool too!

All their upcoming DC stuff i'm looking forward too. Wolverine looks incredible. I love the very iconic "angry" look to the portrait they have on there. Deadpool and Punisher are also must haves for me.

Looking at that review, it seems like this would be more of a fun figure than a good display piece. The Kryptonite ring hand, the Grappling line; this seems more like an adult oriented toy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. My mind was going to all the cool battle poses you could do with this guy and Joker, or with Batman vs. Superman, so, I think the value people find in this will depend on what type of collectors they are.

Looking at it, if it was just sitting on a shelf among a bunch of other figures, there's really nothing that makes him stand apart from the pack. The heads are nice, but I think the body's got some weird proportional stuff going on, particularly around the lower abdomen, and it's not very aesthetically pleasing. I think guys like Jingobell and people who really like photographing elaborate displays would probably get more out of this. On his own: meh. Say, pulling angry heat vision Superman toward him with the grappling hook, while he pulls back his Kryptonite adorned fist to deliver the knock out blow? Much better.

As for the review, you nailed it, Optibotimus; keep up the good work!

For me, this is a perfect pose I have him in. Simple but it has a presence I think.

6ec53caa72ded3fc77ac1b3322a09757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off topic, but once again, i'd like to thank all you guys for the incredible support you've offered me here on the forums since i've joined and started posting my videos. It's incredibly encouraging and i always feel thrilled coming here and posting my reviews. I look forward each time to posting them and seeing what others have to say about them. I've occasionally been accused of not taking criticism very well regarding my craft and you guys have never done anything but offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and i just wanted to say thank you and let you all know how much i appreciate it

I like your reviews. I can't believe I haven't watched them before, but I have watched a few this afternoon and subscribed. Well done and keep up the good work!

If you're getting it from Sideshow, i don't really see the difference honestly. The price is the same, so why not get that extra accessory. Maybe sell that off individually to someone that couldn't get the exclusive version and wants that head?

yeah your right. the tax is only going to add about $20. im still enough of a fan to go sideshow EX with this.

i usually go with BBTS to avoid tax charges as i live in ca.

I like your reviews. I can't believe I haven't watched them before, but I have watched a few this afternoon and subscribed. Well done and keep up the good work!

Wow, thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed what you saw. I really appreciate it!

Back