Official Rob Zombie "HALLOWEEN 2" Thread - SPOLIERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get what you're saying but my thing is regardless of if the sequels like resurection sucked,they were still Michael Myers. Zombie's Halloween is not Myers IMO it's someone else and so for that I'll watch the crappy sequels instead.

Yup, he is just a big brute. He is not The Shape of Evil.

RZ is a ****** in my books but I liked his version of part one and will definetely go see this too. I'm not expecting anything great but have always been a sucker for the classic 70' and 80's characters.

The new shock horror stuff is lame though.

I'll watch this on DVD, just like the first one, out of curiosity. I agree that it isn't really Halloween in any respect to me. It's just milking the name as badly or worse than any of the other crappy sequels.
Rob Zombie does have a niche and it's unfortunate that he has to feed the machine in order to get his original stuff made but that's how it goes in the industry. When you think about it, if you are a Zombie fan, it's kind of miraculous that he got this far making his trashploitation movies without having to make a Scary Movie to pay the heat bill. I guess the real shame is for hardcore Halloween fans that are just (understandably) lost when they see Rob's rendition.
I'm neither a Zombie fan nor a hardcore Halloween fan so these flicks don't really bother me but I don't want Rob or his cronies anywhere near the franchises I follow. I feel for you Meyers fans...this too shall pass.

I get what you're saying but my thing is regardless of if the sequels like resurection sucked,they were still Michael Myers. Zombie's Halloween is not Myers IMO it's someone else and so for that I'll watch the crappy sequels instead.

He did loose what Myers is, no doubt about that, he really should have just come up with his own character. However, I'll take a well made film that still feels like a good Halloween, even if the character is different, over a film that remembers what Myers is but is crappy regardless. McDowell as Loomis gave us that aspect again which was nice, it was an entertaining movie if you stick to the theatrical cut and try to forget Michael's history.

However, there are things about 2 that have me wondering if Rob will have departed too much this time around to even be a good movie at all. The generic stuff looks good, but the black magic stuff with Myers' mom has me nervous, it feels like curse of Thorn over again.

I liked the first one. Seen it twice in theaters. Both times for free. First was a free ticket that came with the 25 Years of Terror DVD. Second time was at the Drive-In. It played after 3:10 to Yuma. Hope to see H2 at the drive-in. :rock

Am I the only one who thinks that poster looks like a lousy Photoshop job?

It looks like a well done PS job, but a piss poor composition. Both posters for this movie have been very uninspired. The teaser just a shot of the mask from H1, and now this.

I give the poster a fail for it's job, which is to promote the movie. Unless you already have intention of seeing it, that poster will do nothing to interest you or excite you about the movie or give any clue to the content of it, it's just a photo of him with an unexplained background.

I really like the H1 poster with him walking and the montage of photos from the film making the mask, that was original, creative, engaging. This looks more like a photo for a fan club magazine or something.

It's been confirmed that this is not the poster for the movie. I have a feeling it was, but after the reaction it got some back peddling was in order.

Rob Zombie's MySpace and Halloweenmovies.com both posted it as official, if Rob's posting it, I'm sure it's legit, but maybe they were testing something or someone screwed up and posted one of the sample posters, often several designs are put together to choose the final one from.

It looks like a well done PS job, but a piss poor composition. Both posters for this movie have been very uninspired. The teaser just a shot of the mask from H1.

That's because the teaser was done before they shot even a single frame of H2. True story: some cast members went to see a movie at the Atlantic Station theater here in Atlanta when they first arrived in town for the shoot... and were shocked to see that not was there already a 1-sheet, but it was being displayed in a movie theater before the production even began.

It's not completely unheard of, but it's still funny... :lol

That's because the teaser was done before they shot even a single frame of H2. True story: some cast members went to see a movie at the Atlantic Station theater here in Atlanta when they first arrived in town for the shoot... and were shocked to see that not was there already a 1-sheet, but it was being displayed in a movie theater before the production even began. :lol

Well, I understand why it was the old photo, but still, an uninteresting graphic really. I only got excited over knowing H2 was actually being made, as seeing the image online was my first discovery of it. Still could have used any old photo of H1 Michael to make a more interesting graphic. I may just do a fan one to see what I could do, though I don't have full access like Rob's people.

Granted, it's not scare to today's audience, but I imagine back in it's day, this really freaked people out and got them curious.

Halloween_II.jpg

This is like, ok, Michael's back.

halloween_2_movie_poster2.jpg

The thing about the original Michael was he's just creepy and slow. RZ's Micheal busted through like 50 walls in that movie,which I guess is supposed to be scary but it wasn't. Zombie was like "lets make him bust through walls and kill rats as a kid". It just didn't work IMO. When I found out RZ was doing Halloween I said he's gonna make him a twisted **** and I was right.

I think if I were to not to compare it to the original I might like it. But I love the original so much that it's impossible for me to not compare :D

It looks like a well done PS job, but a piss poor composition. Both posters for this movie have been very uninspired. The teaser just a shot of the mask from H1, and now this.

Yeah, that's actually what I meant by my comment. The font in particular is way to basic and uninspired. The poster does not motivate me to see the movie at all.

If anything, it reflects Zombie's apparent intention to simply be loud and "in your face".

Finally watched the Halloween remake. God it sucked bad. Horrible acting, horrible lines. Ugh. This one has no hope at all. Rob Zombie needs to go away.

He did loose what Myers is, no doubt about that, he really should have just come up with his own character. However, I'll take a well made film that still feels like a good Halloween, even if the character is different, over a film that remembers what Myers is but is crappy regardless. McDowell as Loomis gave us that aspect again which was nice, it was an entertaining movie if you stick to the theatrical cut and try to forget Michael's history.

However, there are things about 2 that have me wondering if Rob will have departed too much this time around to even be a good movie at all. The generic stuff looks good, but the black magic stuff with Myers' mom has me nervous, it feels like curse of Thorn over again.

Well made film? The remake wasn't a well made film and felt nothing whatsoever like a Halloween film. Even the poor sequels were better than what Zombie put out.

Somehow I just don't see the Shape of Evil sitting on his front porch pouting to Love Hurts.

And I still stand by my original belief that Zombie was creating his own character and was given the chance to do Halloween and turned the character into Myers. Cause it last half of the movie is nothing but a poor original Halloween ending tacked on.

Finally watched the Halloween remake. God it sucked bad. Horrible acting, horrible lines. Ugh. This one has no hope at all. Rob Zombie needs to go away.

What are you crazy? It was awesome, one of the better horror movies I've seen. And I loved how he went deeper into Michael's psyche and childhood to explain why he was the way he was. It wasn't a complete remake just based off it. Honestly I prefer the new one to the old which is entirely too slow. This one was far more violent and gruesome, and thus more disturbing.

This is the best Halloween movie since the original, since all the half assed sequels sucked. And if you don't agree you have poor taste in films or your a grandpa.

Back