Official Rob Zombie "HALLOWEEN 2" Thread - SPOLIERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I loved how he went deeper into Michael's psyche and childhood to explain why he was the way he was.

That's where he skewed off. Michael was the way he was in Carpenter's film because he wasn't a person, he was just death on two legs. Rob chose to make him a superhuman with a disturbed past. While I enjoy watching Rob's film, it undeniably lost the origin of Michael Myers by taking him from a WHAT to a WHO. What concerns me about the black magic stuff that's been teased in the trailer for this new film is that if it is black magic type stuff and not just visual style for something, then it starts taking Michael back to a what, but you can't back peddle, to set him up as a person and then explain him as a supernatural being is just screwy, you have to go with one or the other.

That's where he skewed off. Michael was the way he was in Carpenter's film because he wasn't a person, he was just death on two legs. Rob chose to make him a superhuman with a disturbed past. While I enjoy watching Rob's film, it undeniably lost the origin of Michael Myers by taking him from a WHAT to a WHO. What concerns me about the black magic stuff that's been teased in the trailer for this new film is that if it is black magic type stuff and not just visual style for something, then it starts taking Michael back to a what, but you can't back peddle, to set him up as a person and then explain him as a supernatural being is just screwy, you have to go with one or the other.

But that's where in the original it blows holes in the believability for me. A child just doesn't kill his sister one day out of nowhere. Even if using the excuse "death on two legs" it still doesn;t fit. It's a mindless suspense slasher. They didn't give him enough backstory and set up the whys, whos, and wheres.

Black magic stuff teased in the trailer?

You mean Michaels dreams about his mom telling him to kill his sister? Rob Zombie said so himself that there is no super natural involved. So I'm confused where the black magic stuff is coming from.

But that's where in the original it blows holes in the believability for me. A child just doesn't kill his sister one day out of nowhere. Even if using the excuse "death on two legs" it still doesn;t fit. It's a mindless suspense slasher. They didn't give him enough backstory and set up the whys, whos, and wheres.

Black magic stuff teased in the trailer?

You mean Michaels dreams about his mom telling him to kill his sister? Rob Zombie said so himself that there is no super natural involved. So I'm confused where the black magic stuff is coming from.

A) That's the point, he's not supposed to have a back story, by being an unexplained force, there's supposed to be, and I feel it is true, more terror because you can't define what drives him, where he'll show, how to stop him, he just is and kills without mercy.

B) Yes, the stuff with his mom, she's all gothed out, if there's not supposed to be any black magic or supernatural stuff then I don't get why she looks that way, everything about the clips of her in the trailer makes her seem like some evil witch or something.

The stuff with his Mom and his child self are visions that he sees, part of his screwed up psyche. It's nothing supernatural at all, it's just a way of showing what is going on in his head.

This looks like it could be an excellent flick. The original H2 was my favorite out of the series, so i'm curious to see how this one is done.

This one was far more violent and gruesome, and thus more disturbing.

I find the opposite to be true. It's more obvious and gratuitous, which makes it less disturbing.
I'm always mystified by the desire to have everything explained in a horror movie. Different strokes, I guess.

The stuff with his Mom and his child self are visions that he sees, part of his screwed up psyche. It's nothing supernatural at all, it's just a way of showing what is going on in his head.

Well glad to know, but you gotta admit, the visuals, until we see the movie, portray some kinda witch craft thing going on, but that's out of any context, hopefully the way it plays out will kill that notion.

And if you don't agree you have poor taste in films or your a grandpa.

wow.

I hated the remake personally. It lacked everything the original did imo and went the completely wrong way about it. Even if he wanted to try something new I just found the movie very boring to be honest. :huh

I guess that means I'm a grandpa. :horror:monkey2

:lol

I just hope Rob Zombie doesn't do to the franchise what George Lucas and Steven Spielberg did to Indiana Jones.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0105357738ea970c-.jpg

I find the opposite to be true. It's more obvious and gratuitous, which makes it less disturbing.
I'm always mystified by the desire to have everything explained in a horror movie. Different strokes, I guess.

I dunno a girl lying there on the floor with all these cuts on here wiggling around covered in blood yelling is much more disturbing then seeing a knife rise in the air and then pan away as a person gets stabbed.

I guess it's a new age. One where horror movie actually need to have stories that hold up and not just a knife, a mask, and a bunch of people getting stabbed anymore. I hope so...he genre was so stale for so many years.

I dunno a girl lying there on the floor with all these cuts on here wiggling around covered in blood yelling is much more disturbing then seeing a knife rise in the air and then pan away as a person gets stabbed.

I guess it's a new age. One where horror movie actually need to have stories that hold up and not just a knife, a mask, and a bunch of people getting stabbed anymore. I hope so...he genre was so stale for so many years.

I cannot pursue my total disagreement because I am mesmerized by your awesome avatar. Is that from Super Star wars?

And if you don't agree you have poor taste in films or your a grandpa.

I've been on this board for a little while, and in my time have heard some strong opinions about a variety of topics. I haven't always agreed with everything said here and I've made a couple dumb posts myself. But this... this might be the most asinine statement I've ever read here.

That doesn't make it any less dumb, imho.

Plus... This is HALLOWEEN. If Zombie wants to make another movie about disturbed white trash, he can just go back to his own original characters.

The irony here is that he thinks he's adding depth by covering Myers' psyche and motivation when in reality he's dumbed it way down.

I've been on this board for a little while, and in my time have heard some strong opinions about a variety of topics. I haven't always agreed with everything said here and I've made a couple dumb posts myself. But this... this might be the most asinine statement I've ever read here.

Could be. But if yone can't see what the new Zombie Halloween remake did well, just because the first is "classic" your living in the past, and are hating on it strictly because it's not the one you grew up knowing. Thus a grandpa, a fossil, an artifact of the past. Honestly I'll watch this remake from now on and forget the first one was ever made.

Lemme guess your really old? LOL.

Could be. But if yone can't see what the new Zombie Halloween remake did well, just because the first is "classic" your living in the past, and are hating on it strictly because it's not the one you grew up knowing. Thus a grandpa, a fossil, an artifact of the past. Honestly I'll watch this remake from now on and forget the first one was ever made.

Lemme guess your really old? LOL.

I mentioned it at the top that I just can't really watch the new one. Its not that its not made well or anything , I just find it to be a boring movie and the fact that no mystery is left to the imagination and everything is told straight out I think it ruins what the Myers character is all about.
I was so dissapointed when I first found watched the movie. I was expecting something that was similar to the original in story telling and atmosphere since thats what made it so special and memorable.
You would see Myers in broad day light but only walking in the background , he would appear ...then dissapear.
Almost ghost like.
Loomis would stalk him in a sort of Captain Ahab and Moby ^^^^ sort of way and every now and then tell of the horrors of his past but leaving most of it to the imagination.

The remake shown everything and basically had Myers as a gigantic ( which really takes away from the realism for me ) nut case who would do everything a normal passable horror movie killer would.

Now this is ok but if you want to make it Myers at least leave in place what made it what it was. I don't understand how the atmosphere can be taken out and the basic story frame can be left. I think leaving both would be better but if your going to take any don't take the atmoshphere and the original thing that made it so frightening !.

In no way would I be able to do a better job but surely most Myers fans here agree with me ?.
I think this is where Rob Zombie messed it up. When people mention the clothing and mask change I understand if you collect them but to me , Myers could walk around in an elephant suit and I would still find it scary if the original story line was in place.

I'm not a grandpa. I just grew up with the original movie. :D
People are open to their own opinions but telling me I have poor taste in film because I disagree ?.
:monkey1

If you consider 27 to be "really old", then yeah. :lol I do...

I'm really a grandpa , I'm ten years behind you. :monkey2:lol

Back