Official Hot Toys Appleseed pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first Anime Appleseed seemed nearly the same as the second CGI movie. But between the two, the CGI movie was more enjoyable, especially the ending. I'm hoping Ex Machina will be more original. I definitely prefer Ghost In The Shell over Appleseed. If you're planing on watching them, the first GITS movie and GITS Stand Alone Complex TV series are great. But I really didn't like the second GITS movie "Innocence", I found it a little boring.

I agree, I like Appleseed but Ghost In The Shell, especially SAC and 2nd GIG, were more entertaining. Nothing against Appleseed, but I think Ghost was better because it was a tv series and they were able to have more character development. Longer series, more indepth stories.
Given that the tv series was great for developing characters, especially Batou and Togusa, I really enjoyed GITS 2: Innocence. But I can see how someone would find it boring, I mean, how exciting can it be without Motoko Kusanagi. Granted the Major does show up in the end, but its like the Great Saiyaman Saga in DBZ when Gohan was the focus. Sometimes it was like "Hey, when will Goku be back?"

I agree, I like Appleseed but Ghost In The Shell, especially SAC and 2nd GIG, were more entertaining. Nothing against Appleseed, but I think Ghost was better because it was a tv series and they were able to have more character development. Longer series, more indepth stories.
Given that the tv series was great for developing characters, especially Batou and Togusa, I really enjoyed GITS 2: Innocence. But I can see how someone would find it boring, I mean, how exciting can it be without Motoko Kusanagi. Granted the Major does show up in the end, but its like the Great Saiyaman Saga in DBZ when Gohan was the focus. Sometimes it was like "Hey, when will Goku be back?"

You should read the Appleseed mangas.

Window Display.

2007102016392876.jpg

20071020164019371.jpg

These are amazing figures. I have zero interest in appleseed, but I would like to own these.

These are amazing figures. I have zero interest in appleseed, but I would like to own these.

Gotta agree... don't know the license, but the figures are amazing!

I think Hot Toys is really placing themselves firmly at the top of the 1/6 world. Not only do they have some of the best licenses... but the attention to detail and quality are staggering :rock

I think Hot Toys is really placing themselves firmly at the top of the 1/6 world. Not only do they have some of the best licenses... but the attention to detail and quality are staggering :rock

With the 6 months or so Hot Toys is most definitely on top of the 1/6 market.

Everyone else has a lot of catchup to do.

No doubt... I think they took stock of what made the others companies great; Medicom had articulation and tailoring, Sideshow with headsculpts and paint, and Dragon and other military with wealth of accessories.

Then took it all together and created the most kickass stuff we've ever seen :rock

About Briareos eye.
Actually, in the first ('88) movie Briareos eye was blue, in the remake (2004) it was red, and now it seams as if it is going to be green. A little upgrate now and again... why not!

You should read the Appleseed mangas.

I was just talking about the movies and Anime, the manga gives plenty of background and character development, but for the people who don't read the manga then I believe the world of Ghost In The Shell has been given more chances to provide a more indepth backstory and character development.

About Briareos eye.
Actually, in the first ('88) movie Briareos eye was blue, in the remake (2004) it was red, and now it seams as if it is going to be green. A little upgrate now and again... why not!

If you are talking about the big "eye" in the middle of his face then that is actually his nose. At least, that is what I took from the manga.

If you are talking about the big "eye" in the middle of his face then that is actually his nose. At least, that is what I took from the manga.
You could be right, I never read the manga. Then again, Briareos has "eyes" on the strangest places: on top of his 'ears' (or should I say, ear-like extenders?) for instance. In one scene from the original Appelseed movie, he peeks around a corner, using an ear. It has a little blue lens on it. Anyway, all these blue, red or green things are sensors of some kind.

You could be right, I never read the manga. Then again, Briareos has "eyes" on the strangest places: on top of his 'ears' (or should I say, ear-like extenders?) for instance. In one scene from the original Appelseed movie, he peeks around a corner, using an ear. It has a little blue lens on it. Anyway, all these blue, red or green things are sensors of some kind.

You are right, the little "sensor" on his rabbit ears and the little ones surrounding his face are eyes. They allow him to do many things including looking around corners. The big one in the middle of his face is his nose. Briareos, especially his model of cyborg body, is one of the most advanced in any medium. He can actually still feel with his outer layer, it is like skin.

Masamune Shirow is one of the baddest dudes on the planet. If you arent familiar, look up his stuff if you dig naked chicks and robots.

relevant Appleseed cover:

jahgiaabl.jpg

Prices are on HT's Japan site in yen. Briareos should be around $200. While Deunan $165. Yes it's a lot, but looking at the figures, I was expecting it. Expect about $20 less.

Last edited:
Prices are on HT's Japan site in yen. Briareos should be around $200. While Deunan $165. Yes it's a lot, but looking at the figures, I was expecting it. Expect about $20 less.

They're on toys2.net already for cheaper than you think (altho I don't order from there because I won't pay $20 for shipping, it's plain retarded).

sideshow will carry Deunan for $150 and Briareos for $170.

Back