1/6 Hot Toys – MMS269 – Appleseed Alpha: 1/6 Briareos Hecatonchires

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandito

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
Appleseed Alpha: Briareos Hecatonchires - Hot Toys 1:6

Posted initially by ZIPCOOLO on OSW
Dear all,
Earlier this year, the CG-animated Japanese cyberpunk film, Appleseed Alpha, was shown at a special screening at San Diego Comic-Con and was well-received by fans. This reboot of the Appleseed film series takes the story to a post-apocalyptic Earth where two mercenary soldiers, Deunan and her cyborg partner Briareos Hecatonchires, must save the world from an evil cyborg. Today, Hot Toys is delighted to officially introduce the 1/6th scale Collectible Figure of the iconic cyborg - Briareos Hecatonchires!
The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Briareos Hecatonchires in Appleseed Alpha featuring newly sculpted mechanical head, newly developed muscular armored and textured body, specially tailored costume, highly-detailed weapons, and a hexagonal figure stand.
Appleseed fans don’t miss out!
Please kindly find the attached photos and spec below for your reference.
Hot Toys – MMS269 – Appleseed Alpha: 1/6th scale Briareos Hecatonchires Collectible Figure Specification
~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~
The 1/6th scale Briareos Hecatonchires Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Briareos Hecatonchires in Appleseed Alpha
- Newly sculpted mechanical head sculpt
- Newly developed muscular armored and textured body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 33 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable armored palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of palms for holding weapons
- One (1) left palm for supporting weapons
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) dark green tactical vest
- One (1) pair of dark green gauntlets
- One (1) pair of dark green elbow pads
- One (1) black belt with pouches
- One (1) dark brown holster
- One (1) pair of green camouflage pants
- One (1) pair of dark green knee pads
- One (1) pair of dark green greaves
- One (1) pair of dark green boots

Weapons:
- One (1) sniper rifle
- One (1) pistol

Accessory:
- Hexagon-shaped figure stand with movie logo

Artists:
- Figure Painted by Jason Woo & Lok Ho
- Figure Art Directed by Jason Woo

Release date: Q3 – Q4, 2015

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Motion picture © 2014 Lucent Pictures Entertainment Inc./Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Comic book © 2014 Shirow Masamune/Crossroad.

© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

133217zl2plnlzp2stelul.jpg

133221xt5tylplkbzl9py7.jpg

133224fff1fhoygb6yaf1i.jpg

133227xssbblspl6b3ywjb.jpg

133231y07ma4al0t44f50a.jpg

133235swr57ufd7dd655i0.jpg

133238yw5qs3ohoszs9ncw.jpg

133241fxblp6bjrtpzp4b3.jpg

133245bgkcocc9rfrrcofp.jpg

133247ra1ttdhd8pdqdc0g.jpg

133251vggmqmlut6a5tsll.jpg

133254mh85k8ye8z58k855.jpg

133259t746a9go624xnntd.jpg

133302waad885sjny7usjj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes cool indeed, I will order this, mostly because I like bots, mechs, droids, cyborgs etc and not because I actually know anything about the movie/tv show whatever :rotfl, wierd I know but where else can you get that badass looking sniper rifle.....:lol

Holy smokes. Yeah we need Deunan. Briareos needs to be taller though. At least he looked short at SDCC.

Looks awesome, I love Appleseed, but I don't follow this line, will be a pass for me. Can't just start collecting everything that looks good. The wallet smiles at me [emoji28]

Holy, incredible piece. Body design translated very well into 1/6 figure. But waiting price dropped, japanese license not sell really well based my experience

So, a Cyborg Bugs Bunny. Wasted ressouces in my opinion but happy for all those who wanted this. :duff

I know it's your opinion as you stated, but I think it's unfair to call something a waste of resources just because it's something that you're not buying, something you're not interested in,or something you don't know anything about (which I believe so as you wouldn't call him Cyborg Bugs Bunny otherwise).

Very cool looking figure. I actually watched the movie after seeing the photos of the figure at SDCC. Not really an Anime fan but the two Appleseed movies I watched were pretty good and had incredible CGI designs, storylines and action sequences. Agree HT needs to make a Deunan and there were some other nice character designs in the movie like the cyborg gang lord and henchmen and the female cyborg/robot/ninja. Might pick this up down the road but too many other things coming fast and furious these days so being much more selective.

Wasn't an Appleseed fan, but saw this guy on Sideshow Collectibles and preordered .Also watched the trailer, very cool and unique characters. gonna buy the movie

I loved all 3 movies .I missed out on the original set of figures . This is great for a 2.0 we need to see a Deunan 2.0

Anyone watched this movie or anime? Does his eyes have lights? Would be cool if there was some accent of led lights but there wasnt its cool.

Back