1/6 Hot Toys – MMS269 – Appleseed Alpha: 1/6 Briareos Hecatonchires

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
released today in HK!

bi 1.jpg
bi 2.jpg
bi 3.jpg
bi 4.jpg

Wow... I've watched Appleseed Alpha, and IMO the character designs are pretty cool. If I had extra space, and a few less pre-orders, I'd probably pick this up. It's probably not going to have a huge amount of popularity, but it would be a nice, unique addition to the shelves..

A whole 3 pages, in almost 1 year, for a Hot Toys figure. What?

& it's a cool looking figure too.

Wow... I've watched Appleseed Alpha, and IMO the character designs are pretty cool. If I had extra space, and a few less pre-orders, I'd probably pick this up. It's probably not going to have a huge amount of popularity, but it would be a nice, unique addition to the shelves..

Right! After seeing this guy on the Sideshow website I preordered this and bought the movie!

I really like this figure and want it, but without a Deunan, I'm not sure I'm going to go for it.

have the original set. Don't think i need the upgrade. @dboz, they will probably do a deunan. he may sell out before though.

I used to have the old set too. Sold them when I downsized. I will probably pick this up if I can work it into the schedule. I've more or less been priced out of the hobby, though so it's tough to get everything.

As for Deunan, I would have thought they would have at least teased it a year ago when this one was first shown, but Hot Toys does work in mysterious ways, so who knows.

i really like the outfit, very detail and very fit. HT is top notch in tailoring
figure suits in the industry!

briareos.jpg

I'd almost forgotten this was on the slate. Final product looks fantastic, will definitely be buying once it's widely available.

Shame there's no Deunan to go with it, though.

This does look incredible actually. Not a die hard Appleseed fan but...
I think I want it.

Which parts are rubber though?
Are they plates over a fabric suit like the DX Bale Batsuit?

Well the description highlights 30points of articulation just like a standard human body.
Something like the rubber torso John Matrix for instance is only 26..

That leads me to wonder

I have the figure and it is a hard vinyl style more than it is rubber its not rubbery like DX09 suit at all more tuff and hard , thank God the elbows are 2 parts so it does NOT HAVE THE raider elbows but a elbow joint. The figure is real good in hand with some weight. the upper body is not plate on rubber but 3 sections abdomen, torso, arms and elbows then wrists. well sculpted well thought out and sturdy.

^ Thanks for all that info.
Enough said.
I think I'll grab it.

Back