1/6 Hot Toys – MMS269 – Appleseed Alpha: 1/6 Briareos Hecatonchires

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd almost forgotten this was on the slate. Final product looks fantastic, will definitely be buying once it's widely available.

Shame there's no Deunan to go with it, though.

That's the only thing that prevents me from buying it... Briareos is not Briareos without Deunan

@rivera2171 rubber where? I know it doesn't have rubber covering the articulation, I've seen a review and it looks like hard plastic

That's the only thing that prevents me from buying it... Briareos is not Briareos without Deunan

@rivera2171 rubber where? I know it doesn't have rubber covering the articulation, I've seen a review and it looks like hard plastic

My statement was based on assumptions, and it appears that I was incorrect. I hope HT continues to develop away from using rubber in their products.

As soon as my reward points from Chewie and Han clear, I'm going to order this guy. I sold my other Briareos by Hot Toys because I was afraid of the rubber deteriorating over time. I was really only happy with him in a pose that required the elbows to be bent, and I was a little unsure if that would cause them to crack eventually. This figure looks fantastic with or without his vest on. I'll decide once I have him in-hand, but I think it will be tough to choose if I want to display him with the vest on or off. I also really like the look of his back. It makes me want a turntable stand that can run 24/7 just so I can also see the back in my display.

I'd like to see a couple reviews before I pull the trigger on this figure, it looks awesome though. Any word on it's receipt by SSC? I'm also surprised there's only 5 pages of discussion, must be a bit obscure to most collectors...

I'd like to see a couple reviews before I pull the trigger on this figure, it looks awesome though. Any word on it's receipt by SSC? I'm also surprised there's only 5 pages of discussion, must be a bit obscure to most collectors...
There is at least one review on Youtube. I'd post a link to it, but I'm not on my computer at the moment. I haven't checked in a few days to see if there are any other reviews yet. I think this figure will be worth owning. I'm going to buy once my pending reward points come through at the end of the month.

I had trouble finding this thread because I thought it would be in the Anime section. There is a thread there, but with just 2 replies about this figure and another thread about the movie, which has a link to the Youtube video that fett42 referenced. I'll post the video here. The figure looks great. I'm working on a 1/6 custom Deunan (unfortunately I don't think HT will make her) and if I can put something decent together I'll definitely get this.

Thanks, I saw the review on YouTube but was expecting to find more. I'll probably put this guy on order once he hits the streets, which I'm hoping is soon!

Did Hot Toys ever say they were going to release Deunan? We should know something by now I would think.

Articulation on this figure looks like crap!

What a lost opportunity . . . I thought without the silicone suit they'd design a Briareos that could actually be dynamically posed.

This fig looks like it's capable of museum poses only. :pfft:

____

I have always been a fan of the Manga and Anime .Here are my shots

Attachments

• DSC_4354.jpg
    DSC_4354.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 198
  • DSC_4352.jpg
    DSC_4352.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 201
just got mine a few days ago, and while i do love the figure, i must say it is extremely frustrating how i can not get it to just do a regular two hand gun hold properly. i tried endlessly to just have him hold the gun pointing in the left direction with the right hand on the trigger and the left hand holding the barrel. he can't do it! but in hot toys promos he does it easily?! wth. i've been noticing this with a few recent figures recently and its getting annoying. if these figures cant even do the most basic poses whats the point?

just got mine a few days ago, and while i do love the figure, i must say it is extremely frustrating how i can not get it to just do a regular two hand gun hold properly. i tried endlessly to just have him hold the gun pointing in the left direction with the right hand on the trigger and the left hand holding the barrel. he can't do it! but in hot toys promos he does it easily?! wth. i've been noticing this with a few recent figures recently and its getting annoying. if these figures cant even do the most basic poses whats the point?

The hands do suck . Same issue with the original hands . I used double sided tape the thicker version to hold them better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to get the pose, but it took a lot of patience. I will note that I have him posed like that with the vest off. With the vest on it gets in the way a little.

I managed to get the pose, but it took a lot of patience. I will note that I have him posed like that with the vest off. With the vest on it gets in the way a little.

i have mine with the vest on and it practically is impossible. so i compromised and switch out with the more open palm right hand and placing it like its laying on the back stock of the gun. not my ideal pose, but what can you do?

Why is this no longer shown on SSC; when I "browse characters" I only receive a blank page?

Back