No newsletter yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing here. Kind of pissed because since people missed on the exclusive Luke everything has to change. I'm so sick of it. Just put the damn time up or tell people the day its going up, and if you missed out, oh well, too bad. Now I figure the exclusive will be an edition of 1 million because all the cry babies need to get one. MR, starwars.com etc., all sell exclusives which sell-out in hours, now with SS you need an account, link, blah. And now no newsletter, what are they trying to do?

Darth Rage said:
No newsletter here either - I ALWAYS get it friday night without fail. Up until now that is.

Ditto. Wow, this is the first time I've never gotten it. It sounds like they must have changed something with the way it was mailed out this time.

I wonder what happened?

I am lucky if I get a newsletter at all. The only reason I got a Luke Exc. was because of some kind boardmembers here. Now I can't even get a link anymore, sounds like I will have to just settle on the regular editions. Not too happy with this new system, it makes you 100% dependent on actually getting the newsletters which are hit and miss for many here.
Maybe some way to get the info thru your account login on the sideshow website would ensure everyone gets the same info.
Rant concluded

Monster said:
Nothing here. Kind of pissed because since people missed on the exclusive Luke everything has to change. I'm so sick of it. Just put the damn time up or tell people the day its going up, and if you missed out, oh well, too bad. Now I figure the exclusive will be an edition of 1 million because all the cry babies need to get one. MR, starwars.com etc., all sell exclusives which sell-out in hours, now with SS you need an account, link, blah. And now no newsletter, what are they trying to do?

I agree with you for the most part, alot of whiners out there. But remember the other sites that sell stuff for example Master Replicas, have Collectors Society exclusives which you have to log in to purchase exactly the same way that Sideshow is going to do it. And the Starwars.com exclusives you have to be a hyperspace member and logged in to buy it first before it will inevitably sell out, just as Sideshow is doing it. Remember this isn't a newletter exclusive, the newsletter subscribers just get first crack at it. Not even MR does that, with MR you have to be a collectors society member to order.

Jesse

show73 said:
I am lucky if I get a newsletter at all. The only reason I got a Luke Exc. was because of some kind boardmembers here. Now I can't even get a link anymore, sounds like I will have to just settle on the regular editions. Not too happy with this new system, it makes you 100% dependent on actually getting the newsletters which are hit and miss for many here.
Maybe some way to get the info thru your account login on the sideshow website would ensure everyone gets the same info.
Rant concluded

It makes you completely independant of the newsletter system, that is the whole reason SS has been busting thier ass to set this system up. If you dont get this weeks newsletter someone from SS with surely help you set up your newsletter account and you are done forever witht he newsletter waiting game. That's why they did this the week before the exc order and not the week of. Peace and love in the world again.

Jesse :peace

I sometimes get my newsletter late friday or early sat.
But as of now no newsletter.

Jesseawilson said:
It makes you completely independant of the newsletter system, that is the whole reason SS has been busting thier ass to set this system up. If you dont get this weeks newsletter someone from SS with surely help you set up your newsletter account and you are done forever witht he newsletter waiting game. That's why they did this the week before the exc order and not the week of. Peace and love in the world again.

Exactly!! This way you will be able to log in through the SS site and get access to the newsletter links even before you actually receive the newsletter. What can get better than that?

Jesseawilson said:

I just want to be on the Busty Christina Newsletter!!! :google :naughty

Wait a minute......great idea :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks for explaining it, obviously I was out to lunch.
Thats what it so great here, freaks helping out less fortunate (or just dumb)
freaks.
Thanks Jesse!!!

and, what will happen if we don't receive this newsletter? Will we be shut out of setting up the online account? Why is this being done this way anyway? seems like it'll cause a little too much work for those on the webteam. Why can't it just be done from my account page? I don't know. Maybe I'm thinking logically here, but simple is always the best way to accomplish things IMO, and this is definitely a problem if the newsletter isn't received. And, it's frustrating as well. Sorry, but this is not the way to gain more people and will likely lose some due to the sporadic nature of the newsletter mailing

Have faith Beru :D The staff will get everyone taken care of who doesn't get this newsletter. We just have to stick through it this week and then it will be smooth sailing fomr now on. Until thats is, we find something else that Sideshow could do better and so generously advise them on how to do it. :naughty

Jesse

Back