NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2013 NHL Season

Brian Burke FIRED by the Maple Leafs. I can't say I'm shocked, but the timing is ummm not the best. I'm guessing a blowup with ownership??

I think the Kessel trade and not being able to nab decent FA's were the main reasons.

For the Kessel Trade Boston got:
Leafs 2010 1st rounder – Tyler Seguin
Leafs 2011 1st rounder – Dougie Hamilton
and also a 2nd rounder if memory serves me right.

Kessel played decent last year, but no way in hell is he worth the two players above.

Brian Burke FIRED by the Maple Leafs. I can't say I'm shocked, but the timing is ummm not the best. I'm guessing a blowup with ownership??

Almost definitely due to the Luongo deal - either Burke taking too long, or flat out not wanting to do it.

Almost definitely due to the Luongo deal - either Burke taking too long, or flat out not wanting to do it.

Depending what Van wants in return I don't blame him for not wanting him. Luongo hasn't been exactly stellar the last couple seasons, has a bloated contract and isn't exactly young anymore. He probably didn't want to get burned like the Kessel deal again.

Depending what Van wants in return I don't blame him for not wanting him. Luongo hasn't been exactly stellar the last couple seasons, has a bloated contract and isn't exactly young anymore. He probably didn't want to get burned like the Kessel deal again.

I personally don't really want him, but I don't think the trade would be as bad as some people think. He'd be an obvious upgrade, and I don't see his asking price being too high, all things considered. As much as Vancouver postures about being fine with a Schneider / Luongo tandem, that just won't work.

If the Flyers Pens meet in the playoffs again I will ****ing explode with joyfulness!

I think the Kessel trade and not being able to nab decent FA's were the main reasons.

For the Kessel Trade Boston got:
Leafs 2010 1st rounder – Tyler Seguin
Leafs 2011 1st rounder – Dougie Hamilton
and also a 2nd rounder if memory serves me right.

Kessel played decent last year, but no way in hell is he worth the two players above.

They got two seconds in that trade.

JonEl Rangers all the way man! Gaboriks healthy, Lundqvist is hungry, Richards got a yr in NY under his belt and Nash is gonna tear it up, hope the momentum from last year holds up

If the Flyers Pens meet in the playoffs again I will ****ing explode with joyfulness!

Me too! Especially in the first round-since that would mean they ended 4-5 again(therefore most likely Rangers took division/conference since they are the best three in the East)....please let the better East teams take each other out before NY has to play them.

JonEl Rangers all the way man! Gaboriks healthy, Lundqvist is hungry, Richards got a yr in NY under his belt and Nash is gonna tear it up, hope the momentum from last year holds up

Hell yes! Im still personally sore about the non-signing of Prust (never felt safer on a PK than with Prust and Boyle in front) and ill always be sore about the treatment of Avery(multiply that by the fact that after most if my neighborhood was destroyed/washed away this year he was the only player to come-and that was the first day they opened the bridges to my island so immense respect for him).

I'm a bit nervous about line juggling and any time for chemistry to be built but hopefully they can figure it out fast.

tumblr_mg7wxaX5Sd1qep3zgo1_500.jpg

Yea I really liked Prust but he demanded too much money, Im annoyed the Rangers signed Asham and Haley, we don't need these goons, we have Rupp to fight and he has some talent.

Back