NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2013 NHL Season

Yeah I heard two days ago about Z getting the C. Good for him! btw Brunner is coming over.... Led the Swiss league in scoring over guys like Tavares and Seguin, and apparently it wasn't even close. Doesn't always translate over, but if his offensive game does.. eeek! Also, Damien Brunner and Henrik Zetterberg were line mates.. interesting to see if they'll be tried together right away in Detroit. One has to think, yes.

Galchenyuk is expected to make the Habs and it's been said he will only be up with the team if he plays in at least 12 minutes per game to utilize any effectiveness.

Yeah I heard two days ago about Z getting the C. Good for him! btw Brunner is coming over.... Led the Swiss league in scoring over guys like Tavares and Seguin, and apparently it wasn't even close. Doesn't always translate over, but if his offensive game does.. eeek! Also, Damien Brunner and Henrik Zetterberg were line mates.. interesting to see if they'll be tried together right away in Detroit. One has to think, yes.

Galchenyuk is expected to make the Habs and it's been said he will only be up with the team if he plays in at least 12 minutes per game to utilize any effectiveness.

I hope Galchenyuk doesn't stay with the Habs. The way that team is built right now, you'll only hurt his progression. He's a natural center and you already have Desharnais, Slomez, Pleks, and Eller. I'm hoping they do something with Slomez though since I can't stand the guy. He just can't play anymore.

I think the Canes are gonna surprise this season.

As long as the Rangers look as good on the ice as they do on paper I'll be happy. Very excited- just got a new job so I'm working in manhattan 5-6 days a week instead of 0-1. Way easier to get to the garden.

I hope Galchenyuk doesn't stay with the Habs. The way that team is built right now, you'll only hurt his progression. He's a natural center and you already have Desharnais, Slomez, Pleks, and Eller. I'm hoping they do something with Slomez though since I can't stand the guy. He just can't play anymore.

This isn't my opinion, but what the Montreal Canadiens are planning to do. They feel he's ready and will definitely make certain of that during training camp.

I think the Canes are gonna surprise this season.

I believe they should... adding Jordan Staal (who has 1st line potential) and an evolving Jeff Skinner, takes all the focus off of Eric Staal going against the opposing team's top shutdown lines. That's why Carolina was such an imposing force in 2005/06. They had so many good lines to roll, that it made it hard for teams to focus on just one or two guys. Carolina does love a lockout!

@DallasStars: At least our #9 got the job done RT: "@DallasCowboys In the category of nobody cares…NHL is back!"

Well he'll lose A LOT of money if he stays in Russia... and a lot of respect.

I don't even get how Kovalchuk would be allowed to stay.

When Visnovsky tried to stay with the KHL, the logic was "NHL's agreement with the KHL prohibits locked-out players from staying behind once the lockout is over."

I think the only way he could get out of that would be to officially announce his retirement from the NHL - but I absolutely don't see that happening.

As long as the Rangers look as good on the ice as they do on paper I'll be happy. Very excited- just got a new job so I'm working in manhattan 5-6 days a week instead of 0-1. Way easier to get to the garden.

If I'd known you were a Rags fan I wouldn have taken longer to ship your Hellboy box. :monkey2 ; )

I don't even get how Kovalchuk would be allowed to stay.

When Visnovsky tried to stay with the KHL, the logic was "NHL's agreement with the KHL prohibits locked-out players from staying behind once the lockout is over."

I think the only way he could get out of that would be to officially announce his retirement from the NHL - but I absolutely don't see that happening.

Kovy's not going to stay in Russia. Datsyuk and Malkin are still in Russia, but no one is pondering whether they'll stay. Difference is is Kovy talked to the media.
If anyone should stay it should be Malkin. He'd at least get out from under Crosby's less talented shadow.

This isn't my opinion, but what the Montreal Canadiens are planning to do. They feel he's ready and will definitely make certain of that during training camp.

I heard he was getting a shot at a few games, Id put heavy money he doesnt make the team and stay, the Habs have no room. They are with Slomez this season.

So Le Skratch should be bringing this back?:lol

scott-gomez.jpg

As long as Gomez can still carry the puck into the zone as well as he used to I think the Devils should offer him like 650 for a season.

650$ sounds about right...

Lets make some bold predictions before the season starts

Leafs still suck (no brainer that one :) )
Oilers make the playoffs
Wild miss the playoffs
Fleury continues to suck nutsack and plays his last season for the Pens
Kings repeat

Back