NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently he never got along with Leonids of whatever his name is

Yeah what my friend said. Teddy is a dumb dumb to let the best coach the Caps ever have go because of selfish reasons. Guy coached your Caps team to a first SC win in 44 years, but whatevas.

Last edited:
Casey DeSmith has been better than Matt Murray and Tristian Jarry since getting the call-up last year. Also has made 107 saves on the last 112 shots he has faced in his last 3 games, where he's gone 2-0-1, and posted a shut out. Guy has nearly gone on a decade with crazy good stats, consistently posting .915 or higher in each of his seasons. Guy is flat out calm, cool, and confident in net, sans not being great in the last shootout. But for 5 on 5, PP, SH, he looks very good. Also didn't help that Crosby and Malkin delivered a mediocre effort in the shootout.

I get that Murray has had concussion issues and lost his dad last year, but if he doesn't remove this monkey off his back, a guy like Casey could steal the No.1 job from him. I think it's only fair Sullivan continues to start DeSmith until he gives the Penguins reason not to. Always play the hot hand.

Going to the Canes/Jets game on Sunday evening. What to wear, my game worn WCOH blue SUOMI Sebastian Aho or my first away 37 Connor Hellebuyck? I think I shall go with Aho, since I rarely get the opportunity to show it off. :D

GO JETS, GO!

Casey DeSmith has been better than Matt Murray and Tristian Jarry since getting the call-up last year. Also has made 107 saves on the last 112 shots he has faced in his last 3 games, where he's gone 2-0-1, and posted a shut out. Guy has nearly gone on a decade with crazy good stats, consistently posting .915 or higher in each of his seasons. Guy is flat out calm, cool, and confident in net, sans not being great in the last shootout. But for 5 on 5, PP, SH, he looks very good. Also didn't help that Crosby and Malkin delivered a mediocre effort in the shootout.

I get that Murray has had concussion issues and lost his dad last year, but if he doesn't remove this monkey off his back, a guy like Casey could steal the No.1 job from him. I think it's only fair Sullivan continues to start DeSmith until he gives the Penguins reason not to. Always play the hot hand.

That Shultz injury...doesn't look good

Nope it doesn't, but he's out for a month and we'll still make the playoffs and other guys will step up. Riikola (sp?) has been getting rave reviews... and we have guys that will make up for it. DeSmith back in net for a third straight game. Loving that! :) 107 saves on 112 shots in his last 3 starts, including last season's 35 save shutout performance, should be enough to give him starts. That and it protects Murray who just suffered a concussion. Play the hot hand and protect a goalie who you have a lot of money invested in, who unfortunately seems to get hurt often.

If he plays well tonight against Vancouver, play him again! Don't stop until he has a bad game or it's a back-to-back night scenario, then you definitely have to go with the other guy. But reward your guy for good play. Glad Sullivan has done that.

I just want Crosby and Malkin to be more engaged. Their shootout attempts were borderline awful. Our perceived backup/third stringer shouldn't be our best player. It should be our stars. But I get the feeling and could be wrong, Casey is a potential starter in the works. And while Geno and Sid have respectable numbers, their on ice play seems lacking.

Back