Next Vs Dio = CAP vs RED SKULL!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
the detail on that base justifies the price IMO

i agree with SLF.. the base's detail is too incredible. zoom in on the skulls on the back of the stairs-- its scary!!!! and yes Cap. looks really pissed off.

~~i also agree that the Swastika needs to be there, because if it doesnt i think it will take away from the "seriousness" of the battle.

Martin and the Gore Group are just producing hit after hit plus they did the Boba Fett too. These guys are amazing.

Bullseye said:
Martin and the Gore Group are just producing hit after hit plus they did the Boba Fett too. These guys are amazing.
:bow :bow :rock2

hairlesswookiee said:
i agree with SLF.. the base's detail is too incredible. zoom in on the skulls on the back of the stairs-- its scary!!!! and yes Cap. looks really pissed off.

~~i also agree that the Swastika needs to be there, because if it doesnt i think it will take away from the "seriousness" of the battle.

The base for this thing is amazing. It's so detailed and so cool it almost takes away from the characters. The only bad thing is no matter how you display it something won't be in view.

hairlesswookiee said:

Sorry, guys. Marvel said "no swastikas".

I think the swastika on the exclusive would be appropriate. The early comics this scene was probably inspired from drove the point home of the evil Cap was fighting. Collector's interested in historical accuracy would be the target audience and would be the ones to seek this one through direct ordering. Since retailers only order the regular there is a smaller chance of the general public being exposed to it.

It doesn't phase me one way or another. I am more concerned with Cap's face looking a bit off and the lack of an interchangeable shield (old style sharp one). That would certainly make the piece more dynamic than the cube.

That sucks but at least he has the red arm band I guess. I agree with what someone said it would of been cool if the torches had lite up flames (sculpted flames of course but lite up)

But I ordered right away!

I was hoping that the exclusive would be the cube plus an alternate shield, giving you four different display options.

The cube by itself makes this the least exciting exclusive in the line so far. Still, I have all the other exclusives and I need to preserve that perfect record. Better to have the cube and not use it than to not have it at all!

tomandshell said:
I was hoping that the exclusive would be the cube plus an alternate shield, giving you four different display options.

The cube by itself makes this the least exciting exclusive in the line so far. Still, I have all the other exclusives and I need to preserve that perfect record. Better to have the cube and not use it than to not have it at all!

I still don't have Wolvie Vs Sabretooth (I think that may change with the .99 shipping they have going on) but that won't be an exclusive either.

If I do decide to get this, it'll be from a dealer. The Cube does nothing for me and I think the gun adds more to the diorama.

I would prefer the gun too, as what is the deal with the cube? Hey cap, I am going to throw this really hard at your head.

I am must be really out of touch on the cube thing.

Like Tom I was going for all the exclusives but the change-o-this and that got old fast and I cancelled anything with a change-o-thing. It will probably be the regular on this one for me.

I noticed this one is quite smaller than the other dio's. Was thinking if it wouldn't look "strange" if you put them all side by side..

Can someone please post some pics of the VS dio's next to each other for size comparison. I'm really contemplating getting the W vs S but want to see how it looks next to the Sentinel and Hulk.

Darth Loki said:
Can someone please post some pics of the VS dio's next to each other for size comparison. I'm really contemplating getting the W vs S but want to see how it looks next to the Sentinel and Hulk.

I can, but not until Monday since they are in my office.

Back