Next Vs Dio = CAP vs RED SKULL!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone at statue forum posted all three side by side...by side. i'd get a link but i'm lazy right now.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
I would prefer the gun too, as what is the deal with the cube? Hey cap, I am going to throw this really hard at your head.

I am must be really out of touch on the cube thing.

Like Tom I was going for all the exclusives but the change-o-this and that got old fast and I cancelled anything with a change-o-thing. It will probably be the regular on this one for me.

Here is a little info on the cube for you. Too bad it dosen't light up, that would have made it better :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Cube

I thought they did a good job on this piece. I hope maybe Thor Vs Loki down the road?

Darth Loki said:
Thank you.

That just seems small for $250 and nothing really special about it. I love the poses, I love the characters, but it just doesn't POP like the other VS.

DL, of course it is up to you but what I can say is: it is not s amall piece. It is very detailed and heavy and quite big. Trust me and buy it for 250 $ when you can with the .99 shipment. You will not regret

Sorry, I must have fallen asleep under a rock, what's this about .99 shipping?

Agent0028 said:
Sorry, I must have fallen asleep under a rock, what's this about .99 shipping?

It was in the news letter for all in stock items. I think from now until the 23rd.

Whoa, how did I miss that? Now I have to go look and see what I want to buy...Logan or Wolfman or...thanks for the info.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I think the swastika on the exclusive would be appropriate. The early comics this scene was probably inspired from drove the point home of the evil Cap was fighting. Collector's interested in historical accuracy would be the target audience and would be the ones to seek this one through direct ordering. Since retailers only order the regular there is a smaller chance of the general public being exposed to it.

It doesn't phase me one way or another. I am more concerned with Cap's face looking a bit off and the lack of an interchangeable shield (old style sharp one). That would certainly make the piece more dynamic than the cube.
I don't know how it is in the USA, but living in a country that was occupied by the germans in WWII, I can tell you that swastika's are still a touchy subject. I wouldn't like one either on a statue that I display.

I can understand that point and the need for full character detail. I was wondering how hard it would be to make the arm band optional. Include it, but keep it off the figure by default and leave it up to the owner to put it on or not.

Bodie The Cursed said:
The fact that the Swastika wearer is being bashed w/ the shield of justice I find it appropriate..:D
:lol
Personally I've always thought that doing something like not putting a swastika on a figure like this is sorta giving it a power over us. It's just a few jagged lines, however I've never been discriminated against or had my ethnic heritage persecuted so I can't say that I would feel that way if I had. I hesitated to post this, because this is a subject that hits very close to home for alot of people, so if my viewpoint offends anyone I sincerely apologize.

rogueboy said:
I don't know how it is in the USA, but living in a country that was occupied by the germans in WWII, I can tell you that swastika's are still a touchy subject. I wouldn't like one either on a statue that I display.

I respect your point of view. I do feel that if the exclusives (not the mass released regular editions) offer the swastika or the option to display it with the sculpt it would be appropriate. Obviously it is a touchy subject for many but I don't agree with the super political correctness we seem to live in that wants to ignore history. Even in the appropriate context of this type of statue.

Take Disney for example. They zoom in on certain scenes on the Fantasia DVD to avoid showing the offensively depicted black centaurs. They also will probably never release Song of the South because of some racial issues. Being sensitive is one thing. Pretending things never happened to avoid lawsuits or bad press is not doing a service to anyone.

To use a silly example, it's like in Harry Potter when nobody wants to speak the bad guy's name.

I don't blame Sideshow on this one. Marvel is the one making the call. I have other issues with the piece that could be improved upon so the lack of this detail does not affect my purchase of it.

Just my 2 cents :monkey3

Bodie The Cursed said:
The fact that the Swastika wearer is being bashed w/ the shield of justice I find it appropriate..:D
thats exactly how I feel about that. Ive caught flack before for using the swastika on a few illustrations Ive done that include Kroenen and I actually made the swastika bigger :monkey3 .
I can understand how its touchy to some, but its identifiying the VILLAN, the bad guy getting beat down. If it was glorifying the symbol then it would be different.

I agree that the fact that "the Swastika wearer is being bashed w/ the shield of justice" is a correct picture of how it should be IMO.
There are good points made for why Sideshow could add the swastika, and I myself am certainly not always politically correct (hey, I'm only human :eek: ...), so the "removable" option would be a good one.
As said earlier, I myself would not display it with the swastika.

Back