Next Vs Dio = CAP vs RED SKULL!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess Marvel is just trying to cover their bases in the very PC world we live in nowadays.

The swastika or lack of it doesn't bother me. As I have mentioned before, I think the 400 direct editions should have it. These are obviously high end collectibles for people that are willing to spend hundreds of dollars. The amount of detail these pieces have demand a certain amount of authenticity. If you are a serious collector that orders direct from Sideshow and not casually walking in on a comic book store you expect things like this in the proper context of the art piece.

I see why it was ommited but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the piece.

tomandshell said:
But if she's invisible, how will you know if it looks like Jessica Alba?

:D

Like Agent said, by touch!!! :lol

Seriously though, a PF of Alba as the invisible woman with an exclusive version with removable arms that are clear from finger tips to elbows, like she's just turning invisible, would be cool.

Add Thor posed swinging his hammer and Cap posed beginning to throw his shield and I've got my complete Marvel PF trio.

Khev said:
Captain America is my all time favorite superhero. I'm really glad the dio version isn't one I particularly care for since that is one temptation I *don't* need right now.

I like old school "always in control" Cap. This one's flipping out like the John Walker replacement Cap or the new Ultimates version.
Never mind. After looking at the image gallery and 360 I just pre-ordered it. I'm sure I'll cancel but that sculpt is just *so* phenomenal I at least wanted the sense of "almost" having it by registering a preorder. I can't even imagine what PF Cap will look like. Actually I can, I just know SS's version will be better.... :monkey5

I think people will regret passing on this great piece. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the HulkVsSpidey took longer to sell out because they did not announce the edition size as quickly as this...and they made 100 more exclusives.

It'll be 479 by this time tomorrow...

I thought this piece was getting cancelled by several folks, likely because of all the Marvel product shipping. I am surprised that the edition size was increased. Strange.

Just called Sideshow Customer service to ask if the new number was a mistake; lady said she didn't know, but that it showed on her system as 450 =/

I wouldn't bother with the ES; this piece should find it's home to as many collector's as possible ;).

I still say it's some kind of error in their ordering system that made a few orders go through past 400. They obviously know about it since they changed the ES to 450. I am just waiting for somebody to offer an explanation. If this was Star Wars we would have heard something by now. :rolleyes:

The regular edition (no ES) should not be on Wait List so quickly since it never went up. Also, the regular Old West Ghost Rider is not up for order after the Exclusive sold out.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I still say it's some kind of error in their ordering system that made a few orders go through past 400. They obviously know about it since they changed the ES to 450. I am just waiting for somebody to offer an explanation. If this was Star Wars we would have heard something by now. :rolleyes:

The regular edition (no ES) should not be on Wait List so quickly since it never went up. Also, the regular Old West Ghost Rider is not up for order after the Exclusive sold out.

Regular Old West Ghost Rider page is now live :duff

As for the Cap. America edition size conundrum, I assume that it was always meant to be 450, and 400 was a mistake? Our in-house inventory system definitely shows 450 and hasn't been changed since pre-orders began...

Sigh, I've reached a point where I'm just happy with an explanation whenever these ES changes occur. Please try to eliminate these ES errors in the future.

Back