Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Superman the Movie is only surpassed by Star Wars as a momentous film going experience for me. Saw it 8 times the year it came out. Only E.T. is also in that pantheon, but I was older and it didn't effect me as much as SW and Superman.

I wouldn't mind this pose...
Supes2.jpg

Now that's a good pic Darklord. I wouldn't mind having that pose at all for my brand new Cinemaquette. Hopefully George gives us some good treats this year.

I'm sorry, but that pose just screams: "Look in the sky, its a bird, its a plane, its ... uh.. where I should be right now."

It is CONFIRMED it is a Reeve Superman. I have wanted this in CM form for years!

I cannot wait to see the pics!

Must have and the likeness will hopefully be fine.

I'll go out on a limb and say that this will be Cinemaquette's fastest selling and most popular statue to date.

I think what helps to is the powerful music scores. You're in a jam packed theater with all the movie goers....then all of a sudden the lights go black....the audience is in stone cold silence....and then BOOM....the music blast out the speakers which pumps up your adrenaline to the max. Those feelings I never got back with other movies. I only had it with Star Wars and Superman.

John Williams FTW! :rock

I think John Ottman did a phenomenal job with Superman Returns too. Not only did he respect Williams' work and successfully adapted it, but his own original cues were breath-taking and emotion-packed as well.

I can respect what he tried to do but it was a bit of a let down for me...the entire movie just did not work IMO.

Anyway, back to Reeve, less than 2 weeks until SDCC! Someone better take somce nice SLR shots of it! :)

Back