Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BobbyC's obviously using some magical brand of silicone which repels household dust and other airborne particulate, as well as blocking out a large proportion of UV from the sun.

Well, if it's not in direct sunlight and you use a can of spray dust, what problems could I have. Obviously, if a statue isn't in a case, you need to dust. So, what else should I worry about?

The medical grade of silicone that bobby uses will outlast us all. He only uses the best and most expensive quality products available. You cant say the same for the big companies. Bobby is a guy who stands behind his work and products.

Any serious collector would know not to have their peices in direct sunlight, weather it be resin, polystone or silicone. As far as accrylic cases are concerned, theres nothing wrong with using them to keep out dust, but when dealing with a silicone peice, you want to be able to look at it up close with out the case impeding your view. I have accrylic cases for alot of my resin peices, but wont be having any made for my future silicone peices. Simply dusting them regularly with a air can and light duster is fine. On top of that, I think bobby would tell you if you REALLY needed a case for silicone seeing as he has his own private collection of silicone peices displayed out in the open with out cases, some peices going back 7 to 8 years.

Don't worry. Bobby reassured me that there wouldn't be any problems with the durability of the Joker. He's done alot of work with silicon before, so I'd take his word for it. He said "no acrylic case needed.":yess:

I'm not worried. Believe me, I trust Bobby 110%. I was just wondering if I missed something else.

As far as cases go, I prefer the look of a piece being in a case. Which me and Bobby talked about. He is even being nice enough to maybe help me in this area as well.

But, I will be honest, the talk of the lower quality silicon has me re-considering getting the CM Godfather later on though.

Actaully ,I do have pieces that are around 10 years old, and as a matter of fact I do use a Uv protectent in my silicon as well as in the paint.... they look as perfect as the day they were pulled.

Yes I get dust on my pieces, they do not have a force feild, however it is easy to take canned air and blow it off or a feather duster.
Personally I do not like cases .
If I did I would put them in a tube so there are no edges to distract from any angle.

I stand by my work 100%

New pictures from A____. Best yet IMO. Likeness is there for sure.

Super2.png

Supe3.png

Supe1.png

My God! These pictures are sensational!

I actually feel the pose looks forced and unnatural

And isn't the blue too strong in the costume?

The head also seems to be too small in relation to the body.

I just have too many issues with this piece in summary...

I am new and have read this thread there are many strong opinions about this statue. I was thinking of buying one and I was wondering about the size I know it is 29" tall but do you think it would look out of place with a Iron Man 1:2, and the Toynami Batmobile? Is the statue in that category or not I would think for the price it must be impressive in person. I will of course get the HT version but this is really another level with the size I think the piece is. Thank you

I am new and have read this thread there are many strong opinions about this statue. I was thinking of buying one and I was wondering about the size I know it is 29" tall but do you think it would look out of place with a Iron Man 1:2, and the Toynami Batmobile? Is the statue in that category or not I would think for the price it must be impressive in person. I will of course get the HT version but this is really another level with the size I think the piece is. Thank you

I wouldn't display him with the 1:2 scale Iron man , superman will look like a midget next to it , even the CM predator is dwarfed by the Iron man !
He is best displayed on his own or with other cinemaquettes (like in my pics)
IMG_1361a.jpg

img1406aa.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Mirak. The CM Superman is 1:3 scale while the SS IM is 1:2 scale (i.e. they're not in scale with each other.) Hence, CMs are best displayed with other 1:3 scale pieces or as a standalone piece.

Back