New Star Wars Trilogy in 2018?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I hope they aren't complete piles of rancor poop. I do not believe this is going to happen though.

Awesome if it was true, but I'm not holding my breath. I think it would be great if George Lucas would let others make movies in the Star Wars universe. I think a KOTOR movie would be awesome.

As much as I hate rebelscum.com...it has to be said that they are normally fairly reliable in with the information they offer.

However...this information is not being offered by RS as fact, but rather as attention being called to those who are. So the question becomes whether IESB is reliable. I know nothing about them.

I do know this...until I see George Lucas look into a camera and say "A third, sequel trilogy is being done for sure." I will maintain my absolute belief that it is not happening.

Edit - On the other hand...how freakin' cool would it be to see at least some of the old cast show up in new films...Mark Hamill as Luke looking like a traditional Jedi Master (you know, with a beard and long hair and in traditional Jedi Robes) leading the New Jedi Council would be awesome.

I would love another trilogy, however I don't see a good way of making a set of 3 movies with a story that makes sense with the other movies. That's the one problem with EU material, the movies are about bringing balance to the Force, but everything gets messed up again in the EU.

I'd be cool to have the original actors in another trilogy, but I think they'd be too old by then. Even now, Carrie Fisher is too old, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill are maybe passable, but in 2018 there's no way.

As much as I hate rebelscum.com...it has to be said that they are normally fairly reliable in with the information they offer.

However...this information is not being offered by RS as fact, but rather as attention being called to those who are. So the question becomes whether IESB is reliable. I know nothing about them.

I do know this...until I see George Lucas look into a camera and say "A third, sequel trilogy is being done for sure." I will maintain my absolute belief that it is not happening.

Edit - On the other hand...how freakin' cool would it be to see at least some of the old cast show up in new films...Mark Hamill as Luke looking like a traditional Jedi Master (you know, with a beard and long hair and in traditional Jedi Robes) leading the New Jedi Council would be awesome.

I guess IESB is feeling pretty good about this because this same source predicted that ROTS would be PG-13, there would be an animated series based on the Clone Wars, and there would be a live-action TV series. Seems like this person knows a lot of "secret" info.

Add this to the perfect timing to release another trilogy after everyone going to see all 6 films in theaters again in 3D and it seems pretty reliable.

I hope its true! We do need more SW movies, CG cartoons, live-tv series but not crazy about re-re-re-re-re-releases!

Its a sweet news but I also, won't hold my breath. When its finally annouced officially, I will start dusting off my beach chair, tent and camping gears!

I would love another trilogy, however I don't see a good way of making a set of 3 movies with a story that makes sense with the other movies. That's the one problem with EU material, the movies are about bringing balance to the Force, but everything gets messed up again in the EU.

I'd be cool to have the original actors in another trilogy, but I think they'd be too old by then. Even now, Carrie Fisher is too old, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill are maybe passable, but in 2018 there's no way.

harrison would never do it.

Given the actors will be considerably too old by 2018 (Harrison looks older, Mark looks like Karloff's Mummy and poor Carrie, well, yeah :lol), I'd love to see a CW-style trilogy from the OT with either the original or talented voice actors giving that aspect a go. The actors just brought too much of themselves to the roles for others to step in and take over. It'd be just like another lame Hollywood remake.

I don't think the age of the original actors would be much of a factor, if they were relegated to cameos or supporting roles. Ford would be in his mid 70's(Christopher Lee was 80 when he made AOTC). Slap a beard on Hamill, and much of his facial age would be negated. As far as Fisher goes, if she could somehow pull herself together and get close to how her mother Debbie Reynolds looks(amazing for an almost 80 year old woman), she'd be fine.

I don't think the age of the original actors would be much of a factor, if they were relegated to cameos or supporting roles. Ford would be in his mid 70's(Christopher Lee was 80 when he made AOTC). Slap a beard on Hamill, and much of his facial age would be negated. As far as Fisher goes, if she could somehow pull herself together and get close to how her mother Debbie Reynolds looks(amazing for an almost 80 year old woman), she'd be fine.

No...it would be terrible. I need a bad posting smiles.

YAY, more movies all the "True fans" can hate and go on and on bout how this is lucas "raping " their childhood.

I liked the prequels. and if there is truth to it, I'll probably like these too.

I would love to see a new trilogy and 2018 would allow enough time after the prequels that it can feel like its own thing. I would recommend no cameos for any of the original actors or characters (except R2 and C3PO). Let it be its own story.

I would love to see a new trilogy and 2018 would allow enough time after the prequels that it can feel like its own thing. I would recommend no cameos for any of the original actors or characters (except R2 and C3PO). Let it be its own story.

The articles says it might be like 1,000 years after ROTJ, so it might not even be an issue

Back