New Star Wars Trilogy in 2018?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Star Wars, well beyond a sequel trilogy, will happen with or without Uncle George's consent... if he doesn't do it the individuals controlling his estate will. It's only a matter of time.

I would think there is a legal way he can block that if he wants to go to that extent.

I doubt George Lucas is all that opposed to other films, it's highly likely that films will be made at some point.

However, I don't think they'd ever redo the OT, there's only a handful of effects that could be improved, and other than that, I think it's something that stands the test of time.

Wouldn't mind seeing some sequels. They couldn't be any worse than the prequels were...could they?

-Snags

I guess IESB is feeling pretty good about this because this same source predicted that ROTS would be PG-13, there would be an animated series based on the Clone Wars, and there would be a live-action TV series. Seems like this person knows a lot of "secret" info.

Add this to the perfect timing to release another trilogy after everyone going to see all 6 films in theaters again in 3D and it seems pretty reliable.

Well, where is this live action show? It never happened. So secret info or not, it doesn't mean it's necessarily true.

How old will Lucas be in 2018?!

I am highly skeptical, to say the least.

:lecture 74 years old.

*Craw puts palm to his lips and makes flatulence sound effect.*

*the dude person agrees and posts appropriate smiley*

:pfft:

UPDATE: In an email to Wired's Underwire blog, Lucasfilm's Josh Kushins says that the IESB report is "completely false."

Wow! Really? :rolleyes:

I'd love it if all 6 films were remade ... The originals are flawed classics and could be made even more epic and with a completely different design ethos

Oh, I see. So you want to see all 6 movies have the souls sucked out of them, have them formulaically re-designed to make the maximum amount of money possible?

Look, back in the 70's, Lucas actually CARED about his vision. He didn't have a ridiculous budget, (only semi-ridiculous), so he made an awesome scifi adventure movie partially from his own heart.

Now we have the Clone Wars. There's no heart or adventure in that, at least not like there should have been, in my opinion....

Well, if money = milk, then it's kind of like this:

Plummeting+Price+Milk+Leaves+Dairy+Farms+Struggling+4hB98LB19gbl.jpg

I'm sure its nonsense but in any case, yeah count me as one of the closed-minded OT elitists, if Lucas was involved in these hypothetical films I couldn't possibly get excited. So a big MEH from me.

Yup, me too.

I want to see a one shot Clone Wars movie, set between Aotc and Rots. One big mission involving Anakin and Obi Wan , with the prequel actors reprising their roles, ventress could be The villain.

You want the Clone Wars movie to be remade with real actors? That's even less likely than a re-do of the Original Trilogy with fake/animated characters and completely different actors.

Ok, I don't mean to jump on anyone. But some people need to hear it anyways....

THE STAR WARS MOVIES ARE OVER!!!!!! It's not happening and Lucas himself has said it over, and over, and over, and over, and over again! Please listen!!!! Lucasfilm this afternoon has once again squashed the new rumors of another trilogy. Get over it!!!!

The only thing Lucas has said is "As long as the fans want Star Wars, it will be around." and that's it. We have Clone Wars, a live action tv show that might get made some day, video games and endless toys and novels that keep getting made. There's plenty of Star Wars around as it is.

The movies are done, enjoy the ones we have and stop believing stupid rumors.

Very true. Lucas's vision, in its entirety, has made it on screen over the past 33 years. Now he's done, and the only reason Star Wars is still around is because of how much money it generates. Thus, we have The Clone Wars TV show.

I doubt George Lucas is all that opposed to other films, it's highly likely that films will be made at some point.

However, I don't think they'd ever redo the OT, there's only a handful of effects that could be improved, and other than that, I think it's something that stands the test of time.

I totally agree. And the OT has really been remade (slightly) several times. All the effects have been improved, color has been rebalanced, they even changed who shot first. No need for remakes yet. Give it another 15 years or so, then we'll see.

Well, where is this live action show? It never happened. So secret info or not, it doesn't mean it's necessarily true.

:lecture 74 years old.

*the dude person agrees and posts appropriate smiley*

:pfft:

Wow! Really? :rolleyes:

Oh, I see. So you want to see all 6 movies have the souls sucked out of them, have them formulaically re-designed to make the maximum amount of money possible?

Look, back in the 70's, Lucas actually CARED about his vision. He didn't have a ridiculous budget, (only semi-ridiculous), so he made an awesome scifi adventure movie partially from his own heart.

Now we have the Clone Wars. There's no heart or adventure in that, at least not like there should have been, in my opinion....

Well, if money = milk, then it's kind of like this:

Plummeting+Price+Milk+Leaves+Dairy+Farms+Struggling+4hB98LB19gbl.jpg

Yup, me too.

You want the Clone Wars movie to be remade with real actors? That's even less likely than a re-do of the Original Trilogy with fake/animated characters and completely different actors.

Very true. Lucas's vision, in its entirety, has made it on screen over the past 33 years. Now he's done, and the only reason Star Wars is still around is because of how much money it generates. Thus, we have The Clone Wars TV show.

I totally agree. And the OT has really been remade (slightly) several times. All the effects have been improved, color has been rebalanced, they even changed who shot first. No need for remakes yet. Give it another 15 years or so, then we'll see.

I am offended that I am the only person registered at SSF that did not get quoted in this post.

And I don't think that remaking the films would "suck the soul out of them". It might be cool...we won't know until we see them (which ain't lookin' too likely anyway).

I am offended that I am the only person registered at SSF that did not get quoted in this post.

And I don't think that remaking the films would "suck the soul out of them". It might be cool...we won't know until we see them (which ain't lookin' too likely anyway).

:lol Well, I almost did, to say that George Lucas is too old to use LOLZ, but decided it was unecessary and possibly not true.

After a while, when Lucas is dead and gone and Star Wars quiets down a little (ie the CW show stops), maybe some incredible director will pick it up again and it COULD be amazing.

But now, with Lucas still looking for more money without being truly passionate about his creation, I don't think it'd turn out well.

I would certainly rather see sequels as opposed to remakes, though.

I might even prefer an offshoot like Han Solo Adventures or something like that.

You know what might be cool. A band of brothers type show or movie that just follows random Rebel or Imperial troopers and there day to day struggle with the war. Could still have the very "occasional" jedi / sith and use no name actors.

Anybody??

They need to continue the Republic Commando video game series

Why would we need 3 other Star Wars movies? Everyone was going nuts when the prequels were announced, but right now they are "the black sheep" of the saga... So why would we want more Sh|tty movies? The OT was awesome the PT was not so good, but fun and three more movies only can me more dissapointing because everyone would like to see other things in that time period...

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but to get three more movies that only show that Lucas wants to make more money out of it wouldn't do it for me. :dunno

Why would we need 3 other Star Wars movies? Everyone was going nuts when the prequels were announced, but right now they are "the black sheep" of the saga... So why would we want more Sh|tty movies? The OT was awesome the PT was not so good, but fun and three more movies only can me more dissapointing because everyone would like to see other things in that time period...

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but to get three more movies that only show that Lucas wants to make more money out of it wouldn't do it for me. :dunno

I'm excited for the hope that they will be 3 NEW Star Wars movies. There is a chance these will be movies in the universe that have nothing to do with Skywalkers, Solos, or Organas. I think people are ready for new stories in the universe that have nothing to do with trade routes, the empire, or the rebellion.

I'm excited for the hope that they will be 3 NEW Star Wars movies. There is a chance these will be movies in the universe that have nothing to do with Skywalkers, Solos, or Organas. I think people are ready for new stories in the universe that have nothing to do with trade routes, the empire, or the rebellion.

That's what I mean with "what people hope to see". Everyone has another point of view of the saga and want to see other sides of the Star Wars universe, but that can only be more dissapointing...
And wouldn't the Live Action series do this allready? Showing other sides of the universe? (but then between ROTS and ANH).

And I personally wouldn't need other movies that show others sides of the universe and differend time periods. If I want to know more about that I'll pick up a book or play a game.

The Star Wars movies are about Anakin's tragedy in becomming Darth Vader. We have seen that and I don't need more movies :wink1:

I think any more movies beyond the six should all be fanfilms.

Darth Mitchell is right, Anakin's story has been told in it's entirety, from humble beginnings as slave-boy on tatooine, to secret marriage and fall to the darkside, and finally his death and redemption.

It's done.

But personally, I'd love to see a live action show. However, since George is so indecisive about it, it may not happen until after his death.

oh my word... well it would be grand. New story line, new threat, new actors, but keep the old favourites....

I just saw the PC world and Curries advert on the television... made me quite sad to think of the pants that is the Prequels...... But the Prequels have inspired young folks like we were inspired by the OT so that is great.

If they do make more I just hope they remember we all know spending BILLIONS of $ does not make a good film. They need to understand what made the OT so good, so memorable, so inspirational.......

We live in hope..........

That said, remaking Star Wars would be a terrible idea.

Okay I'm going to contradict myself because something that I think would be cool, but will obviously never happen, is to redo Revenge of the Sith as the finale to the Clone Wars animated show, just to see how it plays (in other words make an animated ROTS in the style of the CW show, using the same TV voice actors.)

I think that would make Episode III even more shocking and depressing to see the same animated Anakin and clone commanders that have been battling for good so heroically turn on the Jedi and attempt to wipe them out.

Last edited:
Back