New Star Wars Trilogy in 2018?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if done correctly this could be pretty cool. Now, will Lucas be willing to maybe let some others direct so they can help keep things fresh. That would go a long way to helping, but yeah I'm cool with them adding to what we have already.

I think it would be pretty cool to see another set of SW films following the original trilogy.

In regards to Carrie, Mark and Harrison being too old to be in a new SW movie, who knows by 2018 CGI technology will have advanced even more that they will instead have realistic CGI young versions of them similar to what they did for Jeff Bridges in the upcoming Tron Legacy. :lol

UPDATE: In an email to Wired's Underwire blog, Lucasfilm's Josh Kushins says that the IESB report is "completely false."

Of course they're going to deny it even if it was true.

I always cringe when someone on TV gets asked something they can't talk about and they always go like "well, I can't talk about that"

Just say no people

I doubt it is true, and I'm not sure how I would feel about it. I know one thing, I will definitely go see them if it does come to pass. And I would love to see Hamill with a prominent role as a Jedi Master like in the EU. Who cares how old the actors are, just don't have them running around acting like they are young. People age in the SW Universe. Leia can be a politician or retired and play a Mon Mothma or Bail Organa type role. I don't think Ford will do it, so we'll need a line about Han dying somehow or other. :lol

I'd love it if all 6 films were remade ... The originals are flawed classics and could be made even more epic and with a completely different design ethos

I doubt it is true, and I'm not sure how I would feel about it. I know one thing, I will definitely go see them if it does come to pass. And I would love to see Hamill with a prominent role as a Jedi Master like in the EU. Who cares how old the actors are, just don't have them running around acting like they are young. People age in the SW Universe. Leia can be a politician or retired and play a Mon Mothma or Bail Organa type role. I don't think Ford will do it, so we'll need a line about Han dying somehow or other. :lol

Han doesn't need to be dead. he can simply be off " being Han" somewhere offscreen.

Let IDW, or dark-horse do a comic about it, like the prequel comic they did for Star Trek, or Predators.

I'm sure its nonsense but in any case, yeah count me as one of the closed-minded OT elitists, if Lucas was involved in these hypothetical films I couldn't possibly get excited. So a big MEH from me.

I want to see a one shot Clone Wars movie, set between Aotc and Rots. One big mission involving Anakin and Obi Wan , with the prequel actors reprising their roles, ventress could be The villain.

i think television is Star Wars' best chance at continuing the saga... it allows for character development and integrated story arching (if put in the right hands of course). i would the franchise be given the opportunity to really find its legs...

I wouldn't mind films based on the the Legacy comics, Mark Hamill could make a good force ghost.

I'd love it if all 6 films were remade ... The originals are flawed classics and could be made even more epic and with a completely different design ethos

No offense, but that is horrible idea imo. Remakes are one of the stupidest ideas to come out of Hollywood.

Han doesn't need to be dead. he can simply be off " being Han" somewhere offscreen.

Let IDW, or dark-horse do a comic about it, like the prequel comic they did for Star Trek, or Predators.

That would be pretty cool.

I want to see a one shot Clone Wars movie, set between Aotc and Rots. One big mission involving Anakin and Obi Wan , with the prequel actors reprising their roles, ventress could be The villain.

Now that's an idea I can really get behind. They would need to be careful to not repeat the "flaws" in the PT. I always hated that we really don't get much of the Clone Wars in the movies. I do like that they have been fleshed out in other media, especially since it gives more focus to characters other than Obi and Ani.

Ok, I don't mean to jump on anyone. But some people need to hear it anyways....

THE STAR WARS MOVIES ARE OVER!!!!!! It's not happening and Lucas himself has said it over, and over, and over, and over, and over again! Please listen!!!! Lucasfilm this afternoon has once again squashed the new rumors of another trilogy. Get over it!!!!

The only thing Lucas has said is "As long as the fans want Star Wars, it will be around." and that's it. We have Clone Wars, a live action tv show that might get made some day, video games and endless toys and novels that keep getting made. There's plenty of Star Wars around as it is.

The movies are done, enjoy the ones we have and stop believing stupid rumors.

No offense, but that is horrible idea imo. Remakes are one of the stupidest ideas to come out of Hollywood.

Way too many great remakes for that to be true, IMO. The Magnificent Seven, The Ring, The Fly, True Lies, King Kong, The Thing, Cape Fear, The Departed, etc.

That said, remaking Star Wars would be a terrible idea.

Ok, I don't mean to jump on anyone. But some people need to hear it anyways....

THE STAR WARS MOVIES ARE OVER!!!!!! It's not happening and Lucas himself has said it over, and over, and over, and over, and over again! Please listen!!!! Lucasfilm this afternoon has once again squashed the new rumors of another trilogy. Get over it!!!!

The only thing Lucas has said is "As long as the fans want Star Wars, it will be around." and that's it. We have Clone Wars, a live action tv show that might get made some day, video games and endless toys and novels that keep getting made. There's plenty of Star Wars around as it is.

The movies are done, enjoy the ones we have and stop believing stupid rumors.

mebbie. mebbie not.

Lucas said he was done before the PT was made also.

wait and see is the only way to know for sure.

i have often wondered... if and when the Star Wars films are remade (perhaps not in my lifetime), would Vader still be a dude in costume, or a complete CGI mech? i could imagine a hybrid of the Dark Lord and Grievous telling Luke "I am your Father"... i am not saying i am on board with this, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think if done correctly this could be pretty cool. Now, will Lucas be willing to maybe let some others direct so they can help keep things fresh. That would go a long way to helping, but yeah I'm cool with them adding to what we have already.

Josh I see we can agree on a lot of things!:goodpost:

mebbie. mebbie not.

Lucas said he was done before the PT was made also.

wait and see is the only way to know for sure.

Yeah, Lucas has kinda been all over the board in the number of movies Star Wars would consist of. I seem to recall him saying that after the PT there would be another trilogy. I've also heard that there was always supposed to be nine movies. But then after the PT Lucas said it was only supposed to be six. Of course that was a long time ago and I was in middle school so my memory could be flawed.

Way too many great remakes for that to be true, IMO. The Magnificent Seven, The Ring, The Fly, True Lies, King Kong, The Thing, Cape Fear, The Departed, etc.

That said, remaking Star Wars would be a terrible idea.

Okay, maybe its an overstatement as I guess there have been some good remakes. I do think there are more bad than good though.

Back