Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's definitely glued back on and very sloppily might I add. You can see where the glue ran off to the ring finger. But they are going to tell you they won't have another 1 that's significantly better, so a $30 credit is the best you can get. I guess it's little children in China doing these things, cause the paint application is really really bad on that 1 to make things worse.

I don't know what to think. I would contact sideshow for an exchange either way.

I personally don't care if it broke in production or shipping or anything along the line... I just care about getting a good piece

That was definitely broken and painted over

Okie dokie, went ahead and contacted SS, hopefully they see it the same way. Thanks a bunch for your input guys, much appreciated

That's definitely glued back on and very sloppily might I add. You can see where the glue ran off to the ring finger. But they are going to tell you they won't have another 1 that's significantly better, so a $30 credit is the best you can get. I guess it's little children in China doing these things, cause the paint application is really really bad on that 1 to make things worse.

Gaaaaah yeah, I never know if it's an actual defect-defect or if it's just Sideshow being Sideshow type deal and I just have to bite the bullet and be glad I have the statue at all. I've kept up with the board and know that replacements are running scarce for this guy, so I've already come to terms with just getting a refund and moving on. It's a bummer because it's a great looking piece, but this is my fourth PF and I've had QC issues with all four, so......I dunno.......the line for me has kinda lost it's magic unfortunately

That said though, SSC always makes it right in the end and the customer service is great

Last edited:
Gaaaaah yeah, I never know if it's an actual defect-defect or if it's just Sideshow being Sideshow type deal and I just have to bite the bullet and be glad I have the statue at all. I've kept up with the board and know that replacements are running scarce for this guy, so I've already come to terms with just getting a refund and moving on. It's a bummer because it's a great looking piece, but this is my fourth PF and I've had QC issues with all four, so......I dunno.......the line for me has kinda lost it's magic unfortunately

That said though, SSC always makes it right in the end and the customer service is great

Had they just super-epoxy that and puttied/sanded it and given it a superb paint job to make it look outstanding after the mishap, you would have never noticed it. So you can see it's people with either limited hobby skills or people that just don't care, period. But, hey, that's not your problem. You want what you paid $470 to get and nothing less.

Simple... It's broke.

Aren't the fingers supported with metal rods? Meaning the won't actually fall off. But that obviously has a botched repair.
You just got it direct? Probably a return :huh

Mine came in but got a problem.

The blue paint on the body didn't look like it was dry before they packed this guy up and it got smeared. It's apparent on the packing material they used between the statue and the styrofoam.

People who had this problem got new bodies or was that ended poorly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well documented problem on here and it began ending poorly as soon as SS ran out of replacement bodies.

Sorry to hear that.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is it the regular or EX?

I got the EX.

Here's some pics of the paint splotches
79735178c65f263206bae59d58051f91.jpg

3387a570104634a750008385ae6a6333.jpg

7bfbe389f33606030963d3b94023265f.jpg

dfec3ff5ad235a9effc5c71b893a7815.jpg

I think that looks pretty bad... I'm surprised some earlier defects got replacements. Some looked like minor nit picks

Personally, I think it's bad, especially in the first pic. That's way to noticeable and it's on the front of the statue

Personally, I think it's bad, especially in the first pic. That's way to noticeable and it's on the front of the statue

Yo, bransen, sorry to hear that, bro. I get mine tomorrow and I can't wait to see it. Alot of them were apparently thrown in there with wet paint and no sealer with little to no care at all.

Yo, bransen, sorry to hear that, bro. I get mine tomorrow and I can't wait to see it. Alot of them were apparently thrown in there with wet paint and no sealer with little to no care at all.

Yeah I can see that. Other than the paint it looks amazing :lol

Hope you fares better than mine.

I'm sorry to hear/see that. Hopefully they will do something about it, as this is happening a lot. I almost want to wait mine out so that maybe the paint dries before it is packed, but I guess it wouldn't matter if they're already packed up and ready to ship out.

Back