Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing factory pictures of Alien LSBs lined up shoulder to shoulder on tables. Guess what? Quite a lot of them has scuffs and chips on the shoulders :huh

Ok, but we're talking about Spiderman here, specifically. With blemishes on a finshed painjob.

All factories, be they here or in China want to put out the best product they can. The last thing they want is to look bad to a big client for poor performance for what I think would be obvious reasons. This to me looks clearly like a handling/transit issue. If could also be improper packing materials were used.

Last edited:
Mine came really bad
e21af7c356435bf7890f82d48072e052.jpg
fa47434040c24575897b553f707a4fca.jpg
dc30ed128206d397aec75bc4e817b1ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so unfortunate... IMO this is the same as receiving a broken statue so I am glad to read that SSC will take it back and refund the cost of the item and the shipping cost. Sucks for those who don't live in the US.... I don't know what to say there. Perhaps Ebay would be the way to go so you can see what you are getting.. I don't know.

Ok, but we're talking about Spiderman here, specifically. With blemishes on a finshed painjob.

All factories, be they here or in China want to put out the best product they can. The last thing they want is to look bad to a big client for poor performance for what I think would be obvious reasons. This to me looks clearly like a handling/transit issue. If could also be improper packing materials were used.

Yeah this is not QC IMO... Well it is if every batch from here on out comes packed the same way. It's obvious that it's a packaging problem and the wrong packing material is being used. OR they are putting it in wet... Weird that some did not get any problems at all. Mine came in perfect condition yet still had a little bit of the blue on the wax paper.

Yeah this is not QC IMO... Well it is if every batch from here on out comes packed the same way. It's obvious that it's a packaging problem and the wrong packing material is being used. OR they are putting it in wet... Weird that some did not get any problems at all. Mine came in perfect condition yet still had a little bit of the blue on the wax paper.

I would think SS went with a proven manufacturer for Marvels A-1 character, especially with worthy competitors now on the scene (also doing Spider-Man). Furthermore, this looks to be the start of a new line and considering inherent problems with doing Spidey (i.e. weblines), this was an important piece. Sending out items that are still wet does no one any good, so I don't think that's the case but you never know...

This is a great piece and it's unfortunate that some received it this way.

When you rub paper enough, color will come off. Any movement, a pallet of boxes falling over or being shook in transport. A combination of poor packing and rough handling.

This is why it shows up on your door step in that condition. SS isnt going to open and inspect every box after its been unloaded off the container and in their warehouse reay to ship.

Last edited:
Does QC simply stop once the statue has been completed?

Should it not also include the choosing of appropriate packaging materials etc. to ensure the quality is kept secure and safe during storage and shipment?

I would've thought that with their long experience they would know what would and would not cause the above paint rubs via tests on paint/casting type and packaging materials etc. Or does Sideshow simply leave everything in the factories 'safe' hands in China?

Does anyone know of any other statue which has had the same type of issue?

Shouldn't...

Shouldn't doesn't mean it doesn't happen, there are a lot of things that shouldn't happen.

Does QC simply stop once the statue has been completed?

Should it not also include the choosing of appropriate packaging materials etc. to ensure the quality is kept secure and safe during storage and shipment?

I would've thought that with their long experience they would know what would and would not cause the above paint rubs via tests on paint/casting type and packaging materials etc. Or does Sideshow simply leave everything in the factories 'safe' hands in China?

Does anyone know of any other statue which has had the same type of issue?

Yes, qc runs through all the way untill the product is packed. Once it leaves the factory any number of things could and do happen en route to it's destination. The more time in transit it's more susceptible to potential damage.

This is all speculation and from my experience in manufacturing (some of which are hand finished) this isn't simply items being packed while still wet.

Damn, I remember when everyone was just worrying about this piece just toppling over with time. Sorry to see QC issues popping up. Between the paint rubs and neck seam gaps of late, this piece is starting to have some problems. Hopefully, SSC will be able to take care of you guys with QC issues.

There's been issues from the beginning, just more of them now.

The defending of the company is unbelievable. I don't know of any other industry where multiple hunderd dollar/pound items arriving with issues is justified :huh
You pay the money, it is their duty to make sure the product arrives at your doorstep in satisfactory condition.

I could pick anyone of my 40+ statues and guarantee rubbing paper on them would not result in paint transfer.

The defending of the company is unbelievable. I don't know of any other industry where multiple hunderd dollar/pound items arriving with issues is justified :huh
You pay the money, it is their duty to make sure the product arrives at your doorstep in satisfactory condition.

I could pick anyone of my 40+ statues and guarantee rubbing paper on them would not result in paint transfer.

It's fairly obvious these were wrapped and boxed up before the paint on them had a chance to completely dry. SSC just needs to step up and address the issue.

When you rub paper enough, color will come off. Any movement, a pallet of boxes falling over or being shook in transport. A combination of poor packing and rough handling.

This is why it shows up on your door step in that condition. SS isnt going to open and inspect every box after its been unloaded off the container and in their warehouse reay to ship.

Seems like if that was the case we would see more issues like this one.

As long as SSC will take the item back and give a full refund as well as refund shipping then I think they are doing nothing wrong. Yes it sucks it did not come out in good condition but nobody said you have to keep it. SSC might bank on people living with it but that is the fault of the customer.

That is assuming they do the full refund. This is not a small chip or a painted line out of place. like I said this issue is as bad as a broken statue IMO. So if SSC is doing the right thing and giving full refunds for this issue then there is nothing to defend. They are doing the right thing.

They should man up and fix the shipping issue I agree. Perhaps they have. But even if they didn't it's their choice as long as they are willing to give a full refund. Simple as that.

Of course there are the other issues where they don;t give the full refund or offer no discount at all for issues that may be real to the customer even though it's not to them... But that is another subject all together.

As already stated, a full refund doesn't cover import duty which is a real pain to recover. 20% plus is a big chunk on these items.
I've personally always been sorted out but, it would seems, that's not always happening.

Godzilla Statue is my only pre-oreder with SS, fingers crossed!

in my view, the "right thing to do" is offer the customer a significant discount (at least 50% of the value of the statue) to keep it. These aren't toasters. Someone has waited months/years for a piece of art...to just say "oh well, here's $50 or return it" is not good customer service. At least give the collector a chance to get it fixed on SS dime...or even better, have THEM fix it and mail it back to the customer. THAT is what you call good customer service.

I agree. Offering refunds is "adequate," but not really good. I want the piece, obviously since I ordered it, but as a company, Sideshow doesn't really seem to care if you get what you ordered. That's where I get annoyed with them sometimes. Although, as many have said, every time I have had a problem it has been rectified to my satisfaction, so I, personally, can't complain.

Back