Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The swept hair unmasked head is nice IMO, but I have no interest in an unmaksed portrait.

Back in the day, QC issues were rare with SSC. Nowadays, it seems like a 50/50 shot at getting damaged goods. Its a hassle returning these large and heavy items, no matter where you live.

Sense of entitlement? :slap

Yes, we are entitled to receive a problem-free, beautiful, proud to be on your shelf statue after paying a few hundreds dollars for it. What's wrong with some of you guys? :lol

I always feel entitled to get what I pay for. I guess I'm a horrible person....

You're also entitled to return your item if your request cannot be fulfilled which is stated in full on their website.

Will they actually do this?

You can ask, I have with them and other vendors successfully.

If these discussions/complaints have become the norm on these threads. That in itself is telling, nor is it surprising at the moment.

But I also believe more people are likely to post regarding a problem then they are to post about their appreciation.

Of course it doesn't happen to all their statues, but it happens to enough that it does show a pattern.

Yes, we are entitled to receive a problem-free, beautiful, proud to be on your shelf statue after paying a few hundreds dollars for it. What's wrong with some of you guys? :lol
Simple, I'm not delusional. How many products; electronics, video games or anything else have we all purchased, found a flaw or defect and returned for a new one only to find a new flaw or defect? Its happened to me a quite a few times. We get our money back and use it to purchase something else or perhaps something from another company.

Do I spit fire and venom at the company that gave me my money back? No, they tried to deliver a good product, they just didn't but I got my money back.

Sideshow has delivered great products, but on occassion they deliver a flawed product. They have always squared me away.

No statue company has ever delivered all their products 100%. Not DC Direct, Not Gentle Giant, not PCS and not even XM. These are breakable, painted items. Things will happen. But collectors tend to think that because they pay a certain amount they should get perfection 100% of the time. Even if they're offered a refund, that isn't good enough because they feel that they have been slighted in some way because what they wanted isn't available to them. Their collection is now some how less. And they get angry, and they curse the company that did it, even if that company delivered 10 great items in a row, that doesn't matter.

But hey, it gives people something to talk about on the internet.

As already stated, a full refund doesn't cover import duty which is a real pain to recover. 20% plus is a big chunk on these items.
I've personally always been sorted out but, it would seems, that's not always happening.

Godzilla Statue is my only pre-oreder with SS, fingers crossed!

Yes I said I don't what the answer is for over sea buyers... Personally I probably would not buy SSC products... What with the import and claiming fees... Or Buy off of Ebay where you can see the product you are getting.

Of course I was not aware you could get those fees back... It's a pain and that sucks.. But what are you going to do?? My personal opinion is to stop buying from SSC. Which it seem Colectorcol you have.

in my view, the "right thing to do" is offer the customer a significant discount (at least 50% of the value of the statue) to keep it. These aren't toasters. Someone has waited months/years for a piece of art...to just say "oh well, here's $50 or return it" is not good customer service. At least give the collector a chance to get it fixed on SS dime...or even better, have THEM fix it and mail it back to the customer. THAT is what you call good customer service.

Then you have to deal with people damaging their items on purpose so they can fix it themselves... Nah... Bad move on SSC part. Buyers do this on ebay all the time to collect the insurance from shipping.

My point is that it's not the norm as all manufacturing companies have an operating procedure they follow for minimal damage so they can to meet their clients order in full on time. Shipping items before they're ready doesn't do anyone any favors, which at this point I'm sure SSC is aware of as are the people they deal with. And there are a number of factors (most don't consider) why something can arrive in bad shape, outside of peoples ability to control.

This is not me defending SS but offering another perspective. So if you choose to keep buying and are not happy with the results or policy, whos at fault?

I get what you are saying.. But you originally made it sound like all statues would have their paint come off on wax paper if rubbed enough...

I agree 100% with the last part.

As collectors we should ALL stand united and not divided and look at this from a logical, intelligent, reasonable standpoint. Otherwise, SS will continue to treat us like slaves treating us like take it or leave it. We don't need your business. They may not say it like that, but you can read it that way. A replacement should always be in order for defective, damaged parts and not a measly $40 credit to rectify the problem. I think if SS wants to keep their top premier statue status in the business, then they need to start earning that reputation again. Presently, they are not hiring the right people in China to do these things. These things have layers of protection not to mention that encased foam to protect it so I just can't believe it's a transport problem. Unless it's dropped from a high altitude then maybe I would believe it. This Spidey could've been 1 of SS's best, but it's all gone now with these disastrous paint issues. It all seems to be a risky business now to order these things cause there's like a 50/50 chance you will get a C- statue. Sideshow can do a lot to prevent some of these worries.

I agree with some of what you say but slaves is sort of funny and a bit over the top.... You don't have to buy anything from them... If anything you are allowing yourself to be a slave if you are unhappy with them and continue to buy from them..

And 50/50 chance to get a c- statue... Where do you get those stats??? Man if that's true I am going to play the lottery cause I am pretty much batting a 1000 with them.

I always feel entitled to get what I pay for. I guess I'm a horrible person....

You both are right you should get what you pay for... But like so many companies they offer the old "if you are not 100% satisfied return it for a full refund" These are damaged items so you will get the full amount back. If you are worried about not being able to get another one because SSC is sold out I understand... But that's you issue if you want to keep a damaged product. Personally I would return the item if it had these paint issues I am seeing and if that means no Spidey then No spidey. I will find one somewhere else. Either this one on ebay or another company.

To those overseas I will say it again. If SSC is that much of a gamble I would stop buying from them. Its the only way they are going to change. but if they still sell out and people are still 95% happy with them then I would not expect any changes in the future... Just the way it is.

Then as an international customer that's the unfortunate gamble you take once you press the order button. It works both ways.

That's true in a sense, but truly unfortunate that it has become a 'gamble' for international customers who buy direct with Sideshow, who usually do for two reasons. To receive it earlier and/or to get the exclusive, even though it's probably cheaper to buy locally.

I think the point was, that for alot of international customers this simply isn't a choice.

That is where you guys have a choice to make... For the price it ends up costing you guys I don't think I would take the chance... On the other hand Colectorcol said you can get you customs payment back but its a big pain... If this is true.. Then I don't know what advice would help any further.

That's true in a sense, but truly unfortunate that it has become a 'gamble' for international customers who buy direct with Sideshow, who usually do for two reasons. To receive it earlier and/or to get the exclusive, even though it's probably cheaper to buy locally.

Wait.. What??? So the only reason to spend more money and to risk a product before seeing it is to get it earlier and get a switch out head.... Man no way... It better be a big EX or fail for me to do that. Otherwise I wait and see what I can get locally.

Wait.. What??? So the only reason to spend more money and to risk a product before seeing it is to get it earlier and get a switch out head.... Man no way... It better be a big EX or fail for me to do that. Otherwise I wait and see what I can get locally.

That was sort of my point. But of course the reasons I gave aren't the only ones as to why to buy direct with Sideshow.

I get what you are saying.. But you originally made it sound like all statues would have their paint come off on wax paper if rubbed enough...

I agree 100% with the last part.

No, what I was saying is that a smaller number of items handled and possibly packed improper are the ones that could have had this damage as there are many things that can happen from point A to B. That's part of manufacturing (and it's problems) in a nutshell.

Yes, and I stated that was adequate, but a take it or leave it attitude for a company is bad business.

One company can only do so much, once they're out, they're out.

That's what the hobby is currently, if it wasn't this it'd be something else.

Back